Shocking Survivals

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Gillette, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I saw this clip on YouTube (YouTube - Graphic Motorcycle accident....wear your helmet!) and it reminded me of time my friend hit a bridge and flipped his truck end over end several times. The insurance adjuster, upon seeing the wreck, said, "The guy driving this must be dead." My friend replied that he got around just fine for a dead guy.

They're the one in a million, no way they could have survived that, yet they did, stories.

Have any of you had or heard of these experiences?
    Please share.

2. Flashy

Gold Member

can't believe he survived :eek:

I have fortunately never been in one of those "shouldn't have made it" situations...knock on wood...but my grandparents were in one...

in their later years, they were not driving well, but were too stubborn to stop driving as many of the old are...they cannot accept that they can;t do it safely anymore.

anyhoo, they were driving out to long Island from New York City, and bringing my dog out with them, since i was already out there...

anyway, they were going about 65 miles per hour on the Long Island Expressway. My dog was asleep in the back, my grandfather was asleep in the passsenger seat, and my grandmother was asleep in driver's seat.

the rocketed off the highway, down the slope on the side, flipped and hit the other side of an embankment of earth.

the car was so crushed and mangled, the jaws of life were needed to cut them out.

my grandfather had a headache, my grandmother received a small, deep cut on her leg....and my dog, shaken by the incident, but fine, looked at me when i picked her up at the animal shelter where she was taken, with eyes that said "if you ever leave me in a car with them again, i am going to bit your dick off".

thankfully, miraculously, everyone was fine. they wore their seatbelts.

3. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

4. Flashy

Gold Member

5. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    I feel like a complete asshole now but the clarification is still appreciated.

Any happier stories, folks?

6. Flashy

Gold Member

Stronzo has disappeared somewhere in the Bering Sea :biggrin1:

7. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your are awful!

(is there a ransom demand?)

8. Flashy

Gold Member

LOL...no, all the natives of the Bering Sea, mainly Alaskan King Crabs, have banded together to make us a remarkable offer. each are offering all 6 of their legs and one claw each to us for free, and they are including butter, if we agree to take Stronzo back...

they ask in return only that they be allowed to keep one of their claws...that way if Stronzo ever comes back, they can kill themselves

9. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Speaking of motorcycle accidents.. About fifeteen years ago I nodded off for a second while riding an old Honda 750 on US 1 in Florida near Stuart. It as only for a second, but I looked up and there was semi acrossing the road and no time to stop. I layed it down and we slid right under the trailer just missing the bogies. It didn't flip or anything. I just stay on top until it stopped. The bike was a little fucked and I had a scraped hand. The trucker never knew a thing, he just kept going. I called my brother and we put the bike into his truck and he took me home. He was a little pissed off because it was his motor. oops!

10. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    :eek:
    Quick thinking, Mr. Bond, I'm glad you made it.

My closest call is a paler version of this.

I was riding my bicycle down a hill when I noticed my front tire was low. Not wanting to ruin the rim I made a U-turn to go back up to my house. I had looked over my shoulder first and had seen the car coming down the hill, but the car had it's blinker on indicating a turn at the intersection between our two positions.

It didn't turn.

The car broadsided my bike. Being as I was already leaned into the turn I put the leg nearest the car on the ground and raised the other just in time. The bike was flung a good 20m while I merely wiped the grime off the side of the car with my leg. No blood, no bruises but if I'd been just a couple inches further forward I'd have been no better off than the bike.

I'm pretty sure that moment was the genesis of my hatred of stupid drivers. The last turn he could have made to have left his blinkers on from was a full km back.

11. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    this was posted before and it was said to be a fake.

12. Northland

Gold Member

Been there, done that:biggrin1:.

I've mentioned it a few times including here: LPSG.ORG - View Single Post - If man (mankind) is created in the image of God

'It was the winter of '65, we were hungry, just barely alive, took a train to Richmondtown- here's their website- Historic Richmond Town | Welcome actually it was the winter of 70 and it was a schoolbus but Joan Baez had a better visual approach- the bus made the turn up on Arthur Kill Road and that was just about the end of us all what with the spin that the black ice created for the driver and the bus. I met God that day- God is a terrifying creature which alternates between being a bright light, a dark void and all with a splitting headache. Years later as I motored my bike along the road towards Kerhonskon having left George back in Ellenville I hit a bump in the road and met up with God again-for close to a month! God was now sporting a new look, shorter hair, a new robe and sapphire rings on all 9037 fingers (God has extra fingers since God needs to keep a finger on all situations and an eye as well which is why God has 864 eyes:eek:). God reminded me of the sin of fornicating and offered me some advice- which I no longer recall. There were Wednesday night hoedowns and orgies with the medical staff- the medications were very good! Finally God said it was time for me to return to the living."

And when I was 10 I nearly drowned in the deep end of the pool.

When I was 16 I took a header down a steep flight of stairs-no broken bones, just head lacerations and a bump.

Draft saved Draft deleted