Shocking Voice Acting!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The most fucked up thing is I've just received my Guyver DVD. They've changed the fucking voices! Are they allowed to do that? Why the fuck would they do that. Its so obvious that the people they got in for the DVD can't act. They didn't change the main characters' voices but they did change a few of the main enemies'. And their lines are just spoken monotone and sound dogshit.

Is this common practice? Anyone else experienced this where they changed the actors around from TV or film to DVD? Why do they do it? :(

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The most fucked up thing is I've just received my Guyver DVD. They've changed the fucking voices! Are they allowed to do that? Why the fuck would they do that. Its so obvious that the people they got in for the DVDcan't act. They didn't change the main characters' voices but they did change a few of the main enemies'. And their lines are just spoken monotone and sound dogshit.
Is this common practice? Anyone else experienced this where they changed the actors around from TV or film to DVD? Why do they do it? :(

Sure they are they own it and ar allowed to do whatever they want.

But I've never heard of this before except for one of Arnold Schwarzenegger's early films where they changed his voice.

hungwildcard

Experimental Member
Media
Sometimes it's due to legal rights. DVDs have become their own issue, needing their own legalities spelled out in contracts. It may be that they couldn't obtain the rights to use the original voices on the DVD release and had to use different voices.

It's happened on some DVD releases, where they've been unable to get the rights to the music used in the show, and have to change it for the DVD release.

Reactions: drambone2001

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sometimes it's due to legal rights. DVDs have become their own issue, needing their own legalities spelled out in contracts. It may be that they couldn't obtain the rights to use the original voices on the DVD release and had to use different voices.

It's happened on some DVD releases, where they've been unable to get the rights to the music used in the show, and have to change it for the DVD release.

Quite right Hung. Another thing, good voice talent is highly sought after especially in the multi-billion dollar anime industry. Good voice talent is well paid and highly sought after. Often times voice talent changes due to salary issues.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a sexy anime :tongue:

Or it was until they changed the voices. But I don't understand. If they had the good actors in the intial (TV/VHS release) why can't they just keep it as is for DVD?

Quite frankly, I am shocked and appalled! I just can't take men turning into monsters seriously anymore.

PS since this is voice acting, you won't see it in many motion pictures. It's more common in animated/CGI series and films :rolleyes:

Bastards :mad: its been spoiled now.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, tis good. Here's an example of the bad acting. I'm pretty sure its an added line. Said with no feeling whatsoever.

I'll download the TV episodes and compare this shit acting to the good acting.

Attachments

drambone2001

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Um, where, oh where, have you disappeared to? Please come back and say hello, S.