Shooting Blanks (with Flomax)

Snarfblat

Experimental Member
Media
Geez, talk about shooting blanks. I had an interesting weekend. I was experiencing blinding abdominal pain from passing a kidney stone and went to the emergency room for treatment. While there, I was prescribed some pain killers, ibuprophen and Flomax, otherwise known as "tamsulosin". The ER doc called it a stool softener and said it was used to combat constipation, a known side effect of the pain killers. I took one dosage of the flomax after my morning meal and hung out at home for the rest of the day. At about midnight, I got a randy and decided to spank the ole' monkey for some immediate relief. Much to my surprise, when I came, there was no ejaculation. Nothing. Not even a tear. I couldn't believe it and even began to doubt that I actually came. I reminisced about the bathroom jack off scene from "Something About Mary" for a moment and then ran upstairs to grab the instruction for my medication and found out that the Tamsulosin I took is actually used to treat "benign prostate hyperplasia" or swelling of the prostate. I also googled "tamsulosin" and found that in one test, 80% of the test subjects experenced a significant reduction in semen volume and 35% of the male subjects experienced anejaculation or no ejaculation. What an awesome way of preventing unwanted pregnancies, I thought to myself. It also appears that scientist are experimenting with alpha blockers (like Tamsulosin) to come up with a male contraceptive medication. Here's one for the weirdness in an annals of sexology.

Last edited:

Snarfblat

Experimental Member
Media
Actually, looking back at what the what the ER doc said, I don't think the Flowmax is to loosen stool. I do remember that he said he usually prescribes it for people passing kidney stones and while discussing the matter, he said he will prescribe a stool softener when I told him that vicodin stopped me up. I asked him if over-the-counter stuff like Imodium was ok and he said that would work just as well. He probably assumed that I would use over-the-counter stuff like Imodium. When I fillled my prescription, I was given 800 mg ibuprophen, vicodin and flomax. I automatically assumed that the flomax was the stool softener since I complained that vicodin stops me up. Flomax was probably prescribed to relax the urinary track to make passing stones easier. Anyways, before researching the side effects of flomax, I thought I experienced my first episode of retrograde ejaculation. Still freaks me out thinking about it.

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That makes more sense. Flomax is supposed to relax the prostate, making for easier flow of urine. At least that's my understanding, from the Doctor, pharmacist and package insert.