Shopping for underwear.

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by BBB2.5, Jul 30, 2005.

1. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am a member of another forum "bodybuilding" and a huge topic is this:
    If a guy buys his underwear or any type of clothing from "International male " or "Undergear" then he is assumed to be Gay. I think it is the most insane thing I have ever heard in my life.
    what are your thoughts on this idea?

2. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're right. If a guy buys his gear from International Male, it doesn't mean that he's gay.

But if he keeps the catalogue on his coffee table, give me his phone number.

3. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    BBB2.5, Glad you made it here and welcome.

I guess I was the gay guy with the International Male catelog first but a few of my straight buddies over the years have loved the items they found through it. They actually never really felt comfortable buying anything fun in the store with other customers around and weren't sure about sizes, styles,etc. It is like they needed someone to go, "You like that style...you should try it, it would look good with your build." One of my straight pals now has his own collection of erotica styles that he keeps for the Mrs.

What I have noticed too is that some women kind of rib a guy about what he would like to try and then the guy just shuts down about experimenting with these styles...huge mistake for a gal to say given the male ego.

International Male: Bootlegger Brief...comfy and pretty great looking..try it

4. penilecode

penilecode New Member

I shop on line at both places and love the underwear.

5. sportmale

sportmale New Member

Albums:
    yes actually when a guy takes care of him many people consider him as a homosexual, sometimes I think that women devellop this idea because they are affraid that men can admire other male bodies more than hers. I know many straight men like underwear and check websites or catalogues just trying to find something nice ... or buy an underwear to looks like the model in the picture. Anyway someone said "there's place for everyone in this world" ... buy your underwear where you want ... you know what you are.

6. jonb

Gold Member

International Male is the gay Victoria's Secret. Capische?

7. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    OMG.....lol...I just love that. ...how very clever of you... :yourock:

8. faultless

faultless New Member

9. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    What makes a online store .." kind of Gay"? Can you please answer this for me? This is exactly what I am talking about.
    Please explain.
    :hi:

10. Dorset

Dorset New Member

Albums:
    What makes a online store .." kind of Gay"? Can you please answer this for me? This is exactly what I am talking about.
    Please explain.
    [post=341006]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    I think I know what he means, I've gone to a few underwear store links posted on here and they are just full of posing pouches and g-strings - Just too much lycra content in some of them for straight men to get away with wearing.

It would be good to find a site that sold underwear for hung men that was supportive, spacious but not flashy

11. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think I know what he means, I've gone to a few underwear store links posted on here and they are just full of posing pouches and g-strings - Just too much lycra content in some of them for straight men to get away with wearing.

It would be good to find a site that sold underwear for hung men that was supportive, spacious but not flashy
    [post=341008]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    To me that still does not make a store "Gay"...would you rather see out of shape guys with no bulge modeling the underwear. It's no different than a Victoria Secret site...... They would never use a flat chest , ugly woman as a model. America is all about visualation, so naturally they will use hunky guys to show off what they want to sale.

12. aqua-illusion

Gold Member

Albums:
    To me that still does not make a store "Gay"...would you rather see out of shape guys with no bulge modeling the underwear. It's no different than a Victoria Secret site...... They would never use a flat chest , ugly woman as a model. America is all about visualation, so naturally they will use hunky guys to show off what they want to sale.
    [post=341016]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

I think maybe it's the type of clothing being sold that makes it seem "gay". Lots of G-strings and thongs, or mesh and see-thru, or clips and zippers to allow "easy access". If it sold more mainstream underwear than I would see it as just another site that sells mens clothes...but when things get flashy and see-thru and easy access-y...it DOES make it seem "gay".
    What NORMAL man actually has mesh thongs, or see-thru boxers, or zipper on the front g-strings?
    And as for showing off their clothes with beautiful people, it is MOST justified. Think about this...they had the Victoria's Secret show on live TV like 2 years ago with people like Tyra Banks, and Giselle Bundchen catwalking; which is appealing...or someone like Rosie O'Donnell strutting the catwalk, which is more appealing???? LOL!!

13. Dorset

Dorset New Member

Albums:
    [post=341016]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    I think you might have mis-understood me slightly, I have no problem with muscular, hung men advertising the products but the products themselves do seem to be aimed at the homosexual market.

First example - Thongs - Straight men should never ever wear them, they are awful and all women I know have said that they would be turned off by a man wearing one

Second example - bright colours and tightness - Women do not like men that wear pants prettier than theirs, another turn off. Men don't like wearing them either

I would like to see a place that sold underwear in a nice practical design with room to breath at the front made out of a nice cotton

14. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I disagree with those of you who think that guys dont wear sexy underwear..thats a bunch of bull. Thongs and see thru, as well as all the other styles are made for men. I think just because it's not your taste , then you feel the need to say its "Gay" ....No one has been able to make me think that clothes are made for Gay people only. It's all about ones taste in clothes. It's that simple. If you don't like it, then why not just say " it's not my taste". Rather than it's "Gay", so I wont wear it. Or I don't like it.

15. Dorset

Dorset New Member

Albums:
    You're assuming that the word gay is being used in a negative way, I have no problem with gay people or culture in any way whatsoever.
    I do hang out on both straight and gay scenes and there is no way on earth that you can tell me that the typical gay man has the same dress sense as the typical straight man! There are exceptions of course, i'm not trying to say that all gay men dress like Elton John but it's also true that there's no way that Elton John was ever going to be straight!

I hope you understand a little better now

16. faultless

faultless New Member

Ahh look at what i started!

I meant it is kinda gay in a good way because they have lots of pictures of hot guys wearing underwear that shows their cocks. I didn't mean that it was gay in a bad way. I just think that the site is marketed to gay people... and I am gay... sooo i wasn't trying to start anything!

17. nobigdeal

nobigdeal New Member

Albums:
    Underwear - how weary this makes me feel. I wish someone would just make some with a Boys Size 10 waist and a Men's Large poutch.

18. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This is a topic that will never be understood by me. Being a Gay man since the age of 20 now 40. It has always bothered me to hear people refer to a style of dress to ahve been made for a certain group of people. Take for instance, the huge baggy clothes , that so mnay of the younger kids are wearing today....to me they look like hoods , gang banger and such. Now I now that the deigners did plan on that, but that how it's being worn. Clothes are clothes....its how we as indivuals have he ablity to make something so simple into a something crazy. I think .."It's not my stlye of clothes would be more accepting.
    Well fellas...I know I won't win this case....we have allowed this wording to go on for so long that it's seems to be acceptable.

19. thkbeercan

thkbeercan Active Member

Albums:
    i have a hard time finding underwear that has a big enough pouch in front to accomodate my cock and balls, so i get the long leg briefs and pull up the legs to create an area that contains the meat, provides some support and provides some absorbancy..i sweat a lot down there...

20. Dorset

Dorset New Member

Albums:
    I hear your point and maybe it's not right to attach a style of clothing to a lifestye but it honestly wasn't meant to be offensive, I was just calling it as I see it.

I think a bit of that might be because homosexuality is so accepted in European countries that we aren't as sensitive about it. I have noticed that a lot of you guys from the US become very careful when it comes to dealing with any issues regarding sexuality or race because you don't want to offend anyone (with a few obvious exceptions)

Draft saved Draft deleted