Shopping with your husband / boyfriend.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
This thread is friggin' hilarious. I'm in stitches.

I can so relate... Things are different in our household - I'm the shopper and the one that goes in search of the bargains etc. I also come up with "plans" to score the extra bargain (after all we shop as if we're shareholders or something...right? *wink* The wifey on the other hand is the one who tends to screw things up. Afterwards it's a case of, "Next time please remind me to use charts, graphs and an overhead projector to explain the plot to you? Would it help if I drew pictures?"

Seriously though, regardless of whether she botches up the plan, I enjoy the time that we spend shopping together - it's well worth every lost cent...and more.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As a rule in general never take your man shopping unless it is essential or you want to torture him.

Nope, I beg to differ, torture is going clothes shopping with the wife. I think that being dragged around town by my nads would be less torturous...most especially when good old wifey decides that she needs me to tag along and give her some input.

It's FRUSTRATING!!!! Because it's always a matter of, "Oh, but it's so expensive I really shouldn't take it" I can spend up to half an hour trying to convince her that she's worth the money and she works hard enough to spoil herself. No it's not put on or an attempt to manipulate, because then I go through a day of her feeling guilty afterwards.

Don't ANY of you gals attempt to contact her! :biggrin1:

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Just remember guy, the answer ALWAYS is

No, your ass doesn't look big in that

Why would it always have to be? Big is not a bad thing in that respect.
"Fat" and "big" are not mutually inclusive terms of a derriere.

As for shopping; I don't mind it at all. Actually, I'm quite picky (especially with clothing) so I'm more likely to have more in common with the female shopping stereotype. :redface:
I despise going shopping by myself, but am quite happy to amble around a store, chatting away.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always take my man shopping with me, I have a sadistic streak a mile wide.

However, I never go shopping with my mum, she likes to go around second hand markets looking for treasure (she watches too many Bargain Hunt type programs) I throw a glance over the stuff, decide it's all rubbish and want to go home, she insist on handling every item, checking it for maker's marks and haggling to get £1 off, grrr.