Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't go to clubs or anything like that, but I think the opposite would be true. I think that most larger women who have an issue with that (that is important), would want a bigger guy to make them feel more petite. I mean if you have issues with your weight (again, important) the last thing you would want is to make it more noticeable by dating a smaller/shorter guy?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't go to clubs or anything like that, but I think the opposite would be true. I think that most larger women who have an issue with that (that is important), would want a bigger guy to make them feel more petite. I mean if you have issues with your weight (again, important) the last thing you would want is to make it more noticeable by dating a smaller/shorter guy?
i think he meant that their desperation means they'll date anyone.

B_Bonky

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
exxxxactly..

I think that most larger women who have an issue with that (that is important), would want a bigger guy to make them feel more petite.

Of course they'd WANT that, but the big guys are busy getting petite girls. At some point you'll take what you can get.

No woman wants to be "big" and no man wants to be "small." Those who are, have lower social status. Within reason of course.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i don't think social status and physical attraction are the same thing at all.
...but then i'm a brit, and we still live in the remnants of the class system.

B_Bonky

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
that makes no evolutionary sense whatsoever.

women don't find rich, powerful, high-status men more attractive? come on, get educated and then you can rejoin the discussion.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
that makes no evolutionary sense whatsoever.

women don't find rich, powerful, high-status men more attractive? come on, get educated and then you can rejoin the discussion.
powerful, yes...but power isn't always physical.
and it also makes evolutionary sense to go for men with high intelligence and good social skills.
status, depending on situation, can be acquired through career success, education, being born into the right family, hunting/fighting/sporting ability, manners or good looks...even accent comes into it.
there are men who outshine adonis, who are low status due to lack of social skills, education and career prospects.

it's a complicated scene and you only see it in black and white.

i know that most of my friends would go for social graces and education over just money.

curiousvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
>.< this argument forces me to conclude that short women have it best!
tall guys and short guys like em
Why the hell did anyone invent the leg lengthening surgery then!

whatadork

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think it has a lot to do with attitude, and I'll give an example. I'm 167cm which isn't tall and I have a wonderful relationship with a part-Russian girl who was exactly my height. But, she didn't realise she was as tall as me nude, and taller in heels, until I pointed it out to her. She thought I was taller because I 'seemed' taller.
Hah, I've heard this too.

One of my female friends says she always thinks a friend of ours is shorter than her. She, he, and me are all about the same height. Heck I might even be half an inch shorter than them if not the same height. But she says the fact that I'm short wouldn't cross her mind just because I'm not nearly as passive as our other friend. The other guy is so quiet that some of our other friends sometimes forget he's even there.

As for the actual topic, being short definitely hurts who you can attract. I'm sure if I were average height or tall, I'd be actually getting A LOT more attention from the ladies, but as it is I don't do TOO badly, at least when I try. The few girls I've been with have been petite to normalish in height/weight. The girl I'm currently starting to see now though is a bit on the heavier side at 5'2" and 135#. And I do have to admit that I definitely prefer them more petite, but it's not like I'm not going to give it a try just because of the weight since she's not heavy enough to turn me off. But I wouldn't really pursue her since she's not quite my type. I just respond to her pursuit; and she's pushing pretty hard. I'm not opposed to seeing where it'll go though. But yes, it definitely affects it.

I also have another female friend who's... I don't really want to say fat, but she's more than "chubby". I'm guessing she doesn't weigh THAT much but she has a lot of... "soft weight". Like my estimation is she's 5'3" and like 135 pounds? But where as the girl I'm semi-seeing has a lot of muscle, for this girl almost all her weight is fat. She looks very "puffy". Like her arms are very soft and bloated looking and you can see the weight in her face. But on the plus side her breasts are VERY large (especially since she's Asian). If she lost like 20 pounds of fat (and not from her boobs) I bet she'd be very popular with the guys, but as she is... she really doesn't get that much attention.

On the other hand I know a girl (hah, actually in both the normal sense and the biblical sense) who's 5' and 90# with a super bubbly, flirty, fearless attitude gets a DISGUSTING amount of attention. It also helps that she's very nicely shaped (in that she's not bones; she actually has a very nice set of natural breasts). She constantly has hordes of guys pursuing her and is constantly being hit on. I've never seen anyone get hit on as much as her. If you want to be really frank about her looks solely, she's definitely cute but not in the upper echelon. But I know more attractive girls that don't get hit on as often.

What propels her from being hit on like someone of her attractiveness normally would to how much she gets now is her personality and how approachable she seems to be. If it wasn't for that, I bet she wouldn't get half the attention she gets now (but remember getting half the attention she gets now though is still REALLY good). But if she had as much soft tissue as my other friend, I bet the guys pursuing her would cut down to 1/3 of what it is now even with the same personality.

Sadly enough though, I think it's probably easier being a short guy than a fat girl.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not really thin (5'8", 160#) and I date a man who is 6'2" so I guess I am an exception too.

I'm shorter and weigh more than you and I date guys usually around 6'2" or 6'3"...

What is HWP?

The OP's hypothesis does not hold water. :no: Doesn't matter where I have lived or visited there are always an amazing number of tall and sometimes lanky men with short fat women. I often giggle to myself as they tend to look like the number 1o together. :biggrin1:

I see that too! :biggrin1:

I believe there is merit to this idea. Height is generally seen as desirable in men by women just as a slender body is typically desired in women by most men.
I say generally because there are exceptions to this. The main problem I have with this is that height is unchangable whereas weight is.
Another consideration is whether shorter men have lower self esteem and less confidence. However when they do try to exhibit confidence they may be labeled as having "short man syndrome" or a Napoleon complex.

I don't think of confidence in a short guy as a Napoleon complex. A Napoleon complex to me is when he has a chip on his shoulder about being short and/or is overly aggressive. Both of those traits are turn-OFFS to me. But being short per se is neither a turn-on nor a turn-off to me - it just is.

The girl I'm currently starting to see now though is a bit on the heavier side at 5'2" and 135#.

I also have another female friend who's... I don't really want to say fat, but she's more than "chubby". I'm guessing she doesn't weigh THAT much but she has a lot of... "soft weight". Like my estimation is she's 5'3" and like 135 pounds? But where as the girl I'm semi-seeing has a lot of muscle, for this girl almost all her weight is fat. She looks very "puffy". Like her arms are very soft and bloated looking and you can see the weight in her face. But on the plus side her breasts are VERY large (especially since she's Asian). If she lost like 20 pounds of fat (and not from her boobs) I bet she'd be very popular with the guys, but as she is... she really doesn't get that much attention.

On the other hand I know a girl (hah, actually in both the normal sense Sadly enough though, I think it's probably easier being a short guy than a fat girl.

YIKES!!! I'm 5'3" and 170 lbs. (with only B cup boobs too :mad:). But I do have a different body type than what you mentioned. I have more of a muscular build (genetic - I look muscular even when I'm a couch potato). I have too much fat in the middle but I'm not really that fat other places. I used to be thin (in high school I was 5'2" and 94 lbs.!), and didn't get any more attention from guys then than I do now. Actually I take that back. Guys barked at me like a dog in the halls back then, and fortunately they don't do that now. But as I mentioned before, usually the guys who like me are around 6'2" or 6'3". I'm not super picky about height though (one of my standard lines: Height is not as important as length and girth! :biggrin1:) However, I have gotten used to dating the 6'2" and 6'3" guys, so a shorter guy would kind of feel odd to me because he'd be so different than the guys I've dated for the past 25 years.

whatadork

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think of confidence in a short guy as a Napoleon complex. A Napoleon complex to me is when he has a chip on his shoulder about being short and/or is overly aggressive. Both of those traits are turn-OFFS to me. But being short per se is neither a turn-on nor a turn-off to me - it just is.

YIKES!!! I'm 5'3" and 170 lbs. (with only B cup boobs too :mad:). But I do have a different body type than what you mentioned. I have more of a muscular build (genetic - I look muscular even when I'm a couch potato). I have too much fat in the middle but I'm not really that fat other places. I used to be thin (in high school I was 5'2" and 94 lbs.!), and didn't get any more attention from guys then than I do now. Actually I take that back. Guys barked at me like a dog in the halls back then, and fortunately they don't do that now. But as I mentioned before, usually the guys who like me are around 6'2" or 6'3". I'm not super picky about height though (one of my standard lines: Height is not as important as length and girth! :biggrin1:) However, I have gotten used to dating the 6'2" and 6'3" guys, so a shorter guy would kind of feel odd to me because he'd be so different than the guys I've dated for the past 25 years.

Unfortunately, most people have no clue what Napoleon complex is and that's their default mechanism for trying to feel superior to short people.

This is how you diagnose someone with Napoleon complex. Imagine that person in the same situation but imagine if they were average height or tall. Now consider if they would still act the same way. Napoleon complex is someone driven to be a certain way PURELY BECAUSE OF insecurity of their height.

Examples of how to determine the existence of NC:

A short but muscular guy. Think "if this guy was tall, would he still work at being as muscular as he is now?" If the answer is "no, I don't think he would care to be as buff as he is now if he were tall" then YES he has Napoleon complex. Otherwise the answer is no or "inconclusive". In this case, it's mostly likely inconclusive unless you know the person well enough. It's totally feasible that the guy wants to be tall and that buff too.

A short, successful guy in business. If you think "this guy would definitely tone down his pursuit of success if he were tall" then yeah, he has Napoleon complex. If you think he'd still be a tall guy driven to succeed, then guess what? He probably doesn't have Napoleon complex. He's just ambitious. Ambition doesn't care about physical aspects. It's a personality thing. If you have no idea if he'd tone it down if he were tall, then it's "inconclusive".

A short guy who's angry at something you did to him. If you think "if I did this to a tall guy he wouldn't be mad at all". Then yes, Napoleon complex. If the guy would still be pissed even if he were tall, then sorry dude, not Napoleon complex.

A short aggressive guy. If you don't think he'd be aggressive as a tall person, then yes, napoleon complex. But remember there are a lot of tall aggressive people too. So short person aggression doesn't necessarily correlate to Napoleon complex. If he's aggressive only towards people who are tall, then that's a pretty good sign though.

A lot of people will claim those situations are definite signs of Napoleon complex. But people who claim that are really just saying "you have a complex if you're short and successful, muscular, or aggressive BUT you're totally fine if you're tall and successful, muscular, or aggressive". Now that's just stupid.

Off to another topic; having seen your pictures, your body type is a lot different than my friend's. She's got a lot more soft weight than you (and yes, more stacked). You really don't look like you're 170 at all.

And I should clarify: it's not that she doesn't get attention or can't get a guy. She's very decent looking, not overly fat (just a step or so over the old definition of chubby) and like I said, she has large breasts. She can easily get a guy if she just wanted to get a guy. The issue is she doesn't get much attention from type of guy she likes.

My other super social, flirty, petite but well shaped friend pulls A LOT of "quality" guys. Good looking, tall, athletic, successful type people of all personality types; the type the bigger girl likes (well most girls like). But these guys will tend to treat the bigger girl as only a friend while strongly pursuing the smaller girl even tho the smaller girl will have no interest in them other than friendship.

But in this case like I said earlier A LOT has to do with personality too. If they were the same body shape the smaller girl would naturally pull probably 2x the guys the other girl would just on basis of personality alone. But combine the personality and body? My guess is she pulls like 5-10x more as it is now. But I would say that if the petite girl had the same personality as the petite girl she'd only be probably attracting 3x more than the bigger one.

It's the fact that she's cute and petite coupled with fact that she's absurdly social, flirty and approachable that makes her so sought after. She's so small and cute that no one is threatened by her. She can approach strangers and they immediately are taken with her. On the other hand if you're not as small and cute then people tend to feel slightly "threatened".

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Well at least this thread is only a few months old and not a few years old.

I agree with the basic idea, that short men and fat women share a similar place in the dating hierarchy, but people took the idea a bit too far. People acted like that meant that fat woman could only date short guys, when it reality it only meant that in terms of being negative traits, being a fat woman is the same as being a short man.

That's it. It doesn't mean that fat women can only date short men, but that in the general population those are undesirable traits that are the analogues for for each other.

B_Marcus50

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Listen, whatever gets you through the night.

If you need a 'reason' for not being able to pull the chicks you really want, height is as good as any I suppose. lol

What a stupid, ignorant, and arrogant comment. A typical comment from a woman. Women reject short guys and then mock them, and your post is a good example of that.
You obviously HAVE NO IDEA how undesirable and unattractive short men are according to women.

Go fuck yourself you sad, pathetic bitch.

And I don't care if I'm breaking forum rules. Some comments are just too freaking lame and stupid.

B_Marcus50

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it has a lot to do with attitude, and I'll give an example. I'm 167cm which isn't tall and I have a wonderful relationship with a part-Russian girl who was exactly my height. But, she didn't realise she was as tall as me nude, and taller in heels, until I pointed it out to her. She thought I was taller because I 'seemed' taller.

It has almost nothing to do with attitude. Yes, you managed to get ONE woman, but how many have you had in total? How many times have you been rejected? How many women have approached you?

B_Marcus50

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe there is merit to this idea. Height is generally seen as desirable in men by women just as a slender body is typically desired in women by most men.
I say generally because there are exceptions to this. The main problem I have with this is that height is unchangable whereas weight is.
Another consideration is whether shorter men have lower self esteem and less confidence. However when they do try to exhibit confidence they may be labeled as having "short man syndrome" or a Napoleon complex.

QFT. I agree 100%

B_Marcus50

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People who believe their appearance puts them in a lower dating bracket (short guys, fat women, etc) will likely end up with someone who believes the same about themself. But that doesn't hold true for short guys, fat women, or whoever else that have the confidence to go after whoever they're interested in. Which is not to say a confident short guy wouldn't end up with a confident fat woman if that's who they're into.

You're joking right? I dare you to ask women about their preference in men. Then read your post again. You will realize that your post was COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

B_Marcus50

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just wondering if you think that short guys (and I don't mean dick size, I mean height) are about equal to fat chicks on the dating/mating/marriage market.

That is, the shortness of a guy is directly proportional to the fatness of the women he is able to date, and vice versa. The shorter the guy, the fatter the girl he will end up with, because they're both rather deprecated on the market.

I'm fairly short myself, and when I'm out I usually see short dudes with fat chicks. Myself, I have no problem getting chubbers interested, but the skinny ones.. well that's a challenge.

If only we all had to wear a little pin on our clothes telling the world how "tall" we are downstairs :biggrin1:

I agree with some parts of it. Women will always think that short men are unattractive undesirable and immasculine.
However fat women can basically get any guy they want, because men aren&#8217;t as shallow or critical as women. Men are just more open than women.

B_Marcus50

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Women are the choosers in the mating game and they have their priorities.

But the OP has a valid point. If we find a chubby woman with a tall guy, we should remember that even a chubby woman has more mating power than a short guy (all else being "equal"). So those chubby women can choose tall partners if they're desirable in other ways. However, in most cases, a short guy cannot choose a thin partner unless he's got money or an extraordinary personality or status.

Now all you exceptions out there, knock yourselves out telling me how my science stinks.

QFT. It really sucks to be a short guy.