Short Reviews of Movies You've Seen Recently

B_caneadea

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We saw "Mrs. Henderson Presents".
Lots of pointless yelling.
Dame Judy Dench "playing herself" again.
Poorly directed.
A chopped up story with no flow.
I liked the music.
Don't even rent it.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Hostel-
Three happy-go-lucky guys are backpacking through Europe. The first part of the movie has more tits than "Girls Gone Wild". They are nice ones. Anyway, the movie goes from pot smoking and drunken romping to something quite gory and sinister. Thankfully we get to see latino cutie Jay Hernandez (Crazy Beautiful) without a shirt. Damn he's hot. Strangely, he's looking a lot like Hal Sparks lately but I digress...this movie was the goriest, most disturbing movie I've seen in 10 years. Leave the kiddies and Grandma at home. Take a barf bag. If you love gore, this one will be like Heroin.

Rating:
:wank: :wank: :wank:
out of five

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
KinkGuy said:
Saw "The 40 Year Old Virgin" last night. DO NOT ask why. <puke>

For those who havent' seen this movie, its not a stupid "Porky's" throwaway. This movie could have been profoundly stupid, but instead it was surprisingly funny. Part of the reason is that the actors were mostly improvising around the general story line. It created a charming quality where each actor was riffing off the other one, and reacting to each other with genuine surprise and humor. Since they are all comic genisuses, it really worked. I think they created something unique out of an initially stupid concept.

As pure mindless comedic entertainment, I recommend it.

MsLulu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm ruined on Terry Gilliam for all time since that POS Brothers Grimm. He'll need to "fuck like Helen of Troy with her ass on fire" to impress me ever again. (To steal a line from Rome.) :biggrin1:

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
caneadea said:
-----------------------------------------------------------
DANGER, Will Robinson, DANGER !!

I know, I'm hooked. There's no hope for me. I've even got my cousin hooked and she's never into those types of show. They must send out some subliminal message that "makes you crave for it nightly, smartass!" :tongue: (So I married an axe murderer)

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
TexAssgirl said:
I know, I'm hooked. There's no hope for me. I've even got my cousin hooked and she's never into those types of show. They must send out some subliminal message that "makes you crave for it nightly, smartass!" :tongue: (So I married an axe murderer)
:icon14: @ the Other calling out Locke for "opening doors," and his whole "guest in a house" analogy.

:icon14: to Jack losing some of the bitchmadeness and deciding it was time to G up. He still got punked by the Others though.

Next week looks like a yawn fest.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sorcerer 1977 Roy Scheider

A thriller set in South America. Four desperate guys are hired to drive some explosives across 200 miles of jungle. Despite some holes in the plot the film manages to convey a sense of gloom and tension without whiz bang special effects. I like this kind of movie making. Thumbs up.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I watched 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' and thought it was a very good movie. I was expecting it to be 'silly' Jim Carrey, but was pleasantly surprised to see 'serious' Jim Carrey. His character decides to have the memories of his girlfriend 'erased' from his mind, but midway through the procedure he changes his mind. The movie follows the struggle inside his head as he tries to save his memories. The point of the story is that although love can cause us much pain and anguish, it helps shape who we are and what we become.

Thumbs up!

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mama Flora's Family - A TV miniseries that follows a black woman through 3 generations of her family from the turn of the century to 1970. It was very powerful and an overall great movie. Queen Latifa, Cecily Tyson, Blair Underwood (yum) and Mario Van Peebles star in it.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
B00006IUK2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

House on the Edge of the Park (1985) is comedy. A gunpoint rape classic.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A wonderful movie by independent scottish director Bill Forsyth (Gregory's Girl), titled Local Hero. It's from the 80s and a very funny story, dealing with a Texan oil manager who's sent off to scotland to acquire a village (!) so a refinery can be built. The villagers however are more than willing to sell at really any price and move on with the millions, but the story takes a turn when the records reveal the real propietor of the beach and the bay, a beach bum whose family has been the owner for more than 400 years.

Starring the fabulous, underrated Peter Riegert (easily mistaken for Dustin Hoffman) and Denis Lawson, as well as Burt Lancaster as spleen-ridden Texan oil billionaire, this movie is on my top five list. Check the night schedules of your TV stations, where it's eventually aired.

local_hero_ver1.jpg