Short Reviews of Movies You've Seen Recently

AMikkell

Just Browsing
Media
I watched The Producers recently. It wasn't the greatest Mel Brooks comedy, but it definately had it's moments. I loved the way the songs seemed so naturally occuring.

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
B000BMY2NS.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Grizzly Man (2005)

White guy dedicates his life to becoming Baloo's turds and views that as being noble. Natural selection rears its much appreciated head yet again.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
windtalkerways said:
Will what's-her-name from DH
win the Oscar, GoneA?

not that the oscars are the 'be all and the end all' but i doubt it. the movie wasn't THAT good. then again, you really can't go by what i say, i not the most updated on these things....:tongue:

windtalkerways

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No...the Oscars don't have the same
cachet anymore but at least you go
see movies while they're still in the
theatre.

I should go see if you've put any movies
in the favourite movies thread...

TylerDurden

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Underworld: Evolution - Good sequel, continues the story well and has plenty of action. Fans of the original will be very pleased, for those who haven't...go in with low expectations and you'll be pleasantly suprised. Plus - Kate in skintight leather!

Wedding Crashers - Hilarious! Vaugn and Wilson are in top form, and the ensemble that makes up the family is great as well. Romantic story wrapped up in comedic form, perfect for everyone.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Partner(s) was very funny. It's from Lion's Gate entertainment.

A series of Unfortunate Events wasn't worth the rental fee. It's really a kids-only movie.

Has anyone seen The World's Fastest Indian - the new Anthony Hopkins movie about the older guy setting the land-speed record on an old motorcycle?

Mr.Popo

Just Browsing
Media
Okay seriously people. You should all go pick up Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior which is the best "kung fu" film i have ever seen. If you like fighting movies, this one will not dissapoint. also check out the clips of Tom-Yum-Goong (i think that's what it's called) it has even BIGGER hits than ong-bak. It also set the record for the longest scene without cutting. It was a four minute fight scene...on stairs so the camera and the extras had to be in perfect unison. but seriously, after you watch this movie 50 times and show your friends, you will feel like you can fight well. :biggrin1: Go get this movie now!!!!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Recenly I viewed a number of films that I would like to recommend;

The Piano Teacher

Wonderful foreign film (French) With Isabelle Hupert , and Benoit Magimel very hot, very psychological. She is a middle aged single piano professor and he is a smitten student. but that is not even half of the story. A must see...

THe Devil's Advocate

I had always heard about this film but never seen it. It blew me away. Gret performance by Al Pacino. but then do we ever expect any less..

Walk the Line

I thought I knew about the June Carter /Johnny Cash love story but I had no idea. Black was not a choice it was a state of being for Cash.A child who never got over the death of his older brother He blindly sought the one other solace of his life to completion.We were blessed with some great music along the way...

Corpse Bride

Wonderful film by TIm Burton. I have always loved the illustrations of Gorey and so this movie made me feel quite at home Danny Elfman;s music is enchanting as always and his usual cast of players Including Johnny Depp and Helen Bonham Carter were wonderful....

Naughty

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Devil's Advocate is a mind fuck - no where near the level of Donnie Darko, but still makes you think (at least about religion anyway)

I wasn't too impressed with Corpse Bride. I liked the style and the music was pretty good, but it felt more like a kid's movie to me - something I didn't get from Nightmare before Christmas.

I'm going out to purchase Walk the Line later today. Everyone I've talked to has loved it.

Donnie Darko is a must-rent, possibly even a must purchase. It has a high horror factor to it, as well as some pretty violent moments, but it's the most total complete mind fuck I've ever experienced.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The Talented Mr. Ripley

This film, now six or so years old, haunts me.

It's Anthony Minghella at his creative best. It's atmospheric and deeply haunting in a rather disturbing way. Philip Seymour Hoffman (lately of "Capote" fame) is superb as "Freddie". Matt Damon (a Boston native) is wonderfully pathological as Tom Ripley, and Jude Law as Dickie Greenleaf is just superb.

And of course Kate Blanchett (my all-time favorite actress) is wonderful as Meredith Logue. The only real detraction is Gwyneth Paltrow who, I find, ill-suited to her role as "Marge".

The soundtrack is equally mesmeric. Matt Damon sings a version of "My Funny Valentine" that's really quite charming.

For those with a slightly dark cast to their taste in movies I highly recommend this film. It's just impossible to forget on many many levels.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
We saw "Fun With Dick And Jane" last night. I'm usually not a Jim Carrey fan. It was at the $1 movie so we went (not many choices in the small town I live in). I desparately needed a laugh today and it provided that. The script was subtly smart, a parallel to the Enron fiasco. Alec Baldwin played the evil mogul who screwed all the little guys. Cheap fun, no emotional investment.