Shorts for Recumbent Bike

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by andy72663, Feb 15, 2007.

1. andy72663

andy72663 New Member

So here's my issue: I was working out today (just started back up a few weeks ago) and I like doing cardio on the bike at the gym. The problem? It's that I'm long enough when soft to hang out my shorts (no matter how long they are because they fall down my leg while on the bike) if I wear boxers. Now, if I wear briefs or boxer briefs, I have a huge bulge which is noticed by one and all and it really is a problem too. So...I was wondering if any of you had suggestions (and no spandex suggestions...that's just not going to happen). Do I really have to wear a jock just for a bike? It seems extreme. I also don't want to wear sweats, but maybe I'll have to. Any comments would help. Thanks bros!

2. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I apparently have compression shorts on the mind! You will have to wear some sort of compression shorts my friend (underneath baggier shorts or workout pants) I like mine to lay diagonal across my thighs which allows me to bend over without bending or scrunching up the goods... plus... you'll NEVER have to adjust your shit in the gym again!!

3. andy72663

andy72663 New Member

I'll try those, thanks dude because adjusting my shit is another issue as well

4. musclebare9

Gold Member

I am not into biking but do a lot of running on the treadmill at the gym. I also hit the elliptical stair machines frequently. I wear a jock. Without something to support me, I flop around and get quite chaffed. I really don't mind showing a bulge - I am what I am. It's the constant flopping and chaffing that is more of an issue for me.

5. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    Andy, like most males you appear to have a cock and balls.

Most of us realize that males have these. Keep them covered as best you can. You certainly have nothing to be ashamed of.

6. Trekrider

Trekrider Member

Albums:
    The obvious solution is cycle shorts which are incidentally intended to be worn without underwear

7. gygygy

gygygy New Member

Albums:
    Wear cycle shorts with a pair of soccer type shorts over them....lots of guys in gyms in UK do this.

Draft saved Draft deleted