Shorts over tights = small penis?

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've just come back from gym.

As I was changing, guy in locker room next to me was going in.

I saw him pull on some tights. I always wear them ( or Lycra shorts, as today ) so I was interested.( impressed, feeling camaraderie etc. ) ...

He inadvertently showed me his penis, which was small. Not all that short, but minimal girth.

Then he pulled on some loose shorts over the top of his tights ... I've seen other guys do that, in fact more do than don't, but it seems quite strange to me? I never do that.

So it raised the question. I'd always assumed people do that so they don't show an obscene bulge, or a glans outline etc?

But maybe it's smaller guys who tend to cover it up?

What do you think?

:oops:

Wave85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I am not wearing running shorts with a built in undergarment, I always wear a pair of UA support briefs under my workout shorts - if I am going to seriously work out everything needs to stay in place and it would be inappropriate for me not to wear shorts on top of what are underwear for me because a passerby would have to use no imagination to see my penis. As an athlete this was standard uniform in college as well.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If I am not wearing running shorts with a built in undergarment, I always wear a pair of UA support briefs under my workout shorts - if I am going to seriously work out everything needs to stay in place and it would be inappropriate for me not to wear shorts on top of what are underwear for me because a passerby would have to use no imagination to see my penis. As an athlete this was standard uniform in college as well.

Ditto. And they prevent chafing if you run.

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
No it has nothing to do with dick size, guys wear compression shorts to prevent chafing and they put the normal shorts over them because they look to similar to boxer briefs and they don't want everyone seeing their junk. Others do it because they see athletes do it so they are just copying.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've just come back from gym.

As I was changing, guy in locker room next to me was going in.

I saw him pull on some tights. I always wear them ( or Lycra shorts, as today ) so I was interested.( impressed, feeling camaraderie etc. ) ...

He inadvertently showed me his penis, which was small. Not all that short, but minimal girth.

Then he pulled on some loose shorts over the top of his tights ... I've seen other guys do that, in fact more do than don't, but it seems quite strange to me? I never do that.

So it raised the question. I'd always assumed people do that so they don't show an obscene bulge, or a glans outline etc?

What do you think?

:oops:
Tights or whatever worn my UK footballers, long legs look like passion killer nickers. Give support I suppose but prevent penis protrusion. Frankly if a guy goes that far for the gym...its either good support briefs under the shorts or a nice biker jock - good outline, good lift and lots of support. And guys with small dicks wear jocks as well, so, its got nothing to do with size.

Reactions: find83

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I think that most guys wear shorts because it's hides the bulge from being prominently displayed. And I would guess that with the tightness of these, even a very small penis would show to some degree. So I think that it's simply conforming to norms to not feature your bulge and to use shorts to show a little modesty.

Road_cyclist

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
It's out of the question to wear anything under or over cycling gear. Chaffing is a guarantee if you would, and it becomes a problem very quickly if you take cycling seriously. This includes cool and cold weather lycra tights, and summer bib shorts.

So...forget modesty.: people can see my bulge. And I point up which leaves nothing to the imagination. Pointing up simply is the most comfortable way for me, especially in racing position. Google around and you'll see that I'm not the only cyclist who does that, and it's for a reason. Happy to explain why in case anyone is interested.

IMHO showing bulge or "hiding" bulge with loose shorts over lycra gear has nothing to do with size. Its simply whats most comfortable and functional for someone who takes his sports seriously. Performance definitely plays a role in that. And after all, big or small: guys have a dick. Hence, also a bulge, so get over it! :)

Last edited:

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Previous posters above have nailed it. I have orders from my doctor to "support those boys" and using a jockstrap is gives me a bulge that is really obscene so I use compression shorts. I do wear swim jammers for both swimming and working out and do get some stares when I work out at the hotel gyms but I don't give a fuck.

colm84

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Shorts over tights could also be the sign of a very big cock. I have worn shorts over my wetsuit before to cover my bulge. I do like being checked out by people I like but hate when people or family members would ever see my bulge. Always wear black running shorts when out running too as it hides a bouncing bulge better than brighter coloured shorts.

Reactions: citomar

pappiepapie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like to do running and see guys wearing shorts over tights regularly. I guess it can be either against the cold, or because they are afraid to show their bulge, which every guy in tights normally has I guess.
I Always wear tights in winter, but alwasy compressionshorts underneath for support, but never shorts over my tights. And Always shorts with compressiontights underneath when it's warmer.

gunner71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mine is tiny when flaccid, mainly after I work out, but when I row there's no way I'll wear loose shorts of trousers because they might get caught under the moving seat. My bulge is indeed minimal.