Shorts over tights = small penis?

citomar

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Im a ectomorph so my body is lean so my bulge before we really noticeable Workin out so I tend to use a rugby/gymnastics/ runner short over to hide my bulge, plus people stops looking at my ass haha

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
Yesterday at my gym I saw a guy wearing a pair of Bonds. No big deal. Then he proceeded to pull a pail of compression shorts over them. Hmmmm... And THEN he put a pair of gym boxers on top of compression shorts.

Some people are weird man.

yep people are wierd

and some people are nosy....some people take a strange interest in what other people do in the locker room....some people make a snap value judgement without knowing other persons life

for I once had a plastic cup cracked while kickboxing....i switched to steel cup...its heavier and is with this up your assthong tie......it moves around and your keenly aware of it rubbing on your asshole(respect for women and thongs)

so to keep it from bouncing i added jock...added compression shorts to keep from chaffing....muay tai shorts over the top for well.....tradition

so there ya have it....maybe he has a reason......maybe just had a vasectomy and doesn't want to bleed through......a hemeroid .....maybe doesn't like alot of bounce in the junk......who knows

I'm not huge but not small either and in my younger days, when I was lifting heavy I preferred wearing shorts over a pair of compression shorts. It just kept all my junk contained and made it easier to concentrate on my workout...... just felt more solid and secure I guess.

Black_Frost

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Some folks want the extra support. Some are simply modest and don't want others staring at their genitals or arse while they're working out. Not everyone's an exhibitionist, and not everyone who's well hung wants to show it off.

As to your seeing what the guy in question looked like soft, it's not a good indicator of how big he is, hard. I'm a major grower. You'd never guess, from seeing me soft, that I'm packing 7.5x6. You'd guess average at best, with big balls.

Ever since the AIDS crisis, in the late '80s, the trend has been toward more clothing, more skin coverage, and less skin contact. Because we got the collective idea that a touch and / or any kind of intimacy can kill into our heads, before we found out how HIV is transmitted. Eventually, the pendulum will swing the other way -- it's starting to, in some respects. (I.e. athletic shorts have been raising their hemlines in the past few years.) But some folks prefer not to show a lot of skin, and that's their prerogative. They shouldn't have to deal with feeling forced nor pressured to do so, just because there are other guys who want to perv off of them in the locker room.

Reactions: sodominsane

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
But some folks prefer not to show a lot of skin, and that's their prerogative. They shouldn't have to deal with feeling forced nor pressured to do so, just because there are other guys who want to perv off of them in the locker room.

Hmm.

I do not "perv off" people, anywhere.

I think I mentioned it was an inadvertent glimpse.

I don't care, in particular, what anyone's dick looks like - I'm only slightly interested even if I'm going to have sex with them ... face and body are more relevant to me ...

It's just the idea of wanting to wear tights but being so coy about showing any bulge, or not showing any, that I found interesting.

There are a couple of guys who just wear the tights like me, with nothing over the top. I'm not really checking out their bulges ... it's just functional attire, like swimwear can be.

It doesn't really matter.

persiandude

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
yep people are wierd

and some people are nosy....some people take a strange interest in what other people do in the locker room....some people make a snap value judgement without knowing other persons life

for I once had a plastic cup cracked while kickboxing....i switched to steel cup...its heavier and is with this up your assthong tie......it moves around and your keenly aware of it rubbing on your asshole(respect for women and thongs)

so to keep it from bouncing i added jock...added compression shorts to keep from chaffing....muay tai shorts over the top for well.....tradition

so there ya have it....maybe he has a reason......maybe just had a vasectomy and doesn't want to bleed through......a hemeroid .....maybe doesn't like alot of bounce in the junk......who knows
I agree. Seems there is a lot of "bulge entitlement" posts on here, as if somehow all men are required to display all that they've got for bystanders or there is a "problem". The compression pants/spats is a huge fad with the younger crowd right now, it started with jujitsu/MMA training. The trend is to wear shorts over the compression pants. I think it looks cool. But, from the standpoint of those doing it, well, if everyone is doing it then there's going to be a lot of stares and distractions when someone decides to just wear the tights. If you're in the gym or training, you're supposed to be focused on that, not on your penis or other guy's penises. If the gym is being used for bulge gazing, locker room creeping, or hookups, then it's being misused in my opinion.

Reactions: hung9thick

Black_Frost

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hmm.
I do not "perv off" people, anywhere.
I think I mentioned it was an inadvertent glimpse.
I don't care, in particular, what anyone's dick looks like - I'm only slightly interested even if I'm going to have sex with them ... face and body are more relevant to me ...
It's just the idea of wanting to wear tights but being so coy about showing any bulge, or not showing any, that I found interesting.
There are a couple of guys who just wear the tights like me, with nothing over the top. I'm not really checking out their bulges ... it's just functional attire, like swimwear can be.
It doesn't really matter.

The comment was intended as a general statement and not as a particular swipe at you, personally. There's no shortage of "Why do some men hide their penises in public bathrooms and / or locker rooms / public showers / &c?" posts on the forums, as well as "How do I get other guys to show me their dicks at the...?" posts. Back when I was more physically active (I'm not, these days, due to a neck injury and doctors' orders,) I ran across more than one guy who told me that they were uncomfortable with the amount of ogling they encountered when changing, or using public bathrooms, which is why they kept covered in the locker rooms, didn't shower until they got home, and used the stalls rather than the urinals.

To be honest, I don't particularly care whether you or anyone else check out bulges or not, so long as you're not an asshole about it.

Reactions: Exbiker

Diver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I like having everything help in place, and at a lot of gymns they won't let guys walk around in just tights (which I'm very grateful for). I go to the gym to workout, not see the perfect outline of some guy's junk who decided to only where tights

Reactions: hung9thick

I tend to agree with the posts that it is not necessary or attractive to wear just compression tights. They have benefits but I feel that in 99% cases where someone wears them, they should throw some loose shorts over them. If participating in activities like cycling or rowing where wind resistance or aerodynamics are a concern then by all means go for it. In my gym and just about every gym I've been to, a guy wearing just tights is looked at strangely and it doesn't appear to be the social norm. If I may add, when I have seen it, I honestly wish the person wearing them hadn't done so because they were not fit enough to pull it off and in my mind if you're not fit enough to pull it off you likely aren't benefiting from them or have greater concerns than compressing your muscles and performing better... Like not stopping for a big mac on the way home to reward yourself for barely breaking a sweat. It honestly does appear that the only people who wear them are doing so to show off which only adds to some guys feel about gym creeps. I don't care how big your cock is, if you're fat I don't want to see that in tights and if you're fit, your cock won't be the first thing I notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Diver

W Barkwood

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe it's the all my hair, but when I'm at the gym, the less covering the better. Tights just do not feel right. I like nice supportive sports briefs with a roomy pouch up front, then a pair of shorts over that. I don't even like sweat pants if I can help it.

I wouldn't say they are hiding a small penis. They may just not want to have it flopping around in the shorts. The same reason most wear briefs instead of boxers to the gym.
Most wear briefs to the gym? Has there been studies?

I would think. I'm no crotch watcher but without something to hold things tight, I figure there'd be bulges everywhere which I don't see. Maybe I just don't notice.
No one at my gym wears briefs based on what I see in the locker room