Should carelessness be rewarded?

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's quite similar to what the management of United Airlines did in order to get out from having to pay its employees' retirement pensions. Neat trick.

But big companies get an easy time of bankruptcy because they file so they can restructure and be financially viable again. We have to do this for big businesses because they are driving the great US economy...

OH YEAH! I forgot, the government finally admitted the economy was in the crapper yesterday. Now how did that happen if we are helping all those poor little Fortune 500 companies through bankruptcy? They are driving the economy...

Into a ditch.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The institutions can take huge corporate tax deductions for writing off bad debt, and make up the rest by charging higher fees to the customers who actually do pay.

The truth of this simply cannot be overstated. Creditors do not suffer from deadbeats who declare bankruptcy...the rest of us down here at the bottom of the shitheap (read: consumers) do, when the costs get passed along to us.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You turn on the TV and here is some sexy, skinny little thing spending all this money on expensive trips, fencing lessons, etc.

eh? lol

I'll have you know I've been fencing for years and I always pay my fencing master up front with cash or barter (and barter = beer).

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
eh? lol

I'll have you know I've been fencing for years and I always pay my fencing master up front with cash or barter (and barter = beer).

:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

I standcorrected friend. I will modify the statement

... expensive trips, non-bartered, non-up-front, non-cash fencing lessons.

Better?

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The truth of this simply cannot be overstated. Creditors do not suffer from deadbeats who declare bankruptcy...the rest of us down here at the bottom of the shitheap (read: consumers) do, when the costs get passed along to us.

This goes with what I said in another post. The consumer pays for everything.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How about bankruptcy lawyers fishing for clients within the California State Prisons for guards, who make more than $60,000 a year, who after finally getting into a high paying job go out and buy new four wheel drive trucks, ATV's, snowmobiles, jet skis, boats, guns and snowmobiles and all of the etc.'s. If one of these guards shows up and he still has room on his credit cards he is instructed to max the cards out buying items that he can resell for cash which the guard can pocket! I was told of this scenario many times by many "bankrupt" guards who had gone through the process and were bragging about it. Hopefully the new laws have changed some of this outrageous behaviors.

As a small business owner I have lost over five thousand dollars owed by customers who have gone bankrupt, none of these individuals had an acceptable excuse, none were due to medical issues but it was more "convenient" for them to declare bankruptcy than to pay bills. I only received $32.00 total from one of the judgments. Small businesses have almost no chance of getting paid when there are big businesses needing to get paid.

andigazed

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What are you on about i hear you cry? Maybe not!

Anyway, just watching a show about debt on T.V.
Some silly bint( English vernacular meaning foolish woman) got herself in over $66,000 worth of debt, this did not include a mortgage as she rented. The premise of the show was basicly to slap her in the face and tell her that she isn`t Paris Hilton and can`t affiod a $1000 chihuahua to prance around back alley Texas.

Anyway she wasn`t listening and refused to change her ways.

The end result? She declared bancrupcy and her debts were wiped out.

OH NICE. I go to work, pay my mortgage and all the other bills on time for no thanks from the utility companys or the banks.
She fucks them all off and gets to start all over again.

FUCK HER and i hope her dog shits in her mouth when she`s asleep.

So the original question:

Should carelesness (or blatant stupidity in this case) be rewared.

NO Carelessness should not be rewarded! Then again, look at the star treatment the media is going to give that Obese girl from American Idol-Temptress Brown

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
Glad so many people are passionate about this topic :D

I've been screwed-over many times by this bankruptcy thing too. As a performer, I sign a contract stating how much money I will recieve. Sometimes the money in the contract covers travelling/lodging costs too. Needless to say, when I get 2% of what I was supposed to get, I have a little difficulty paying for my travelling expenses.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Look, it's because we live in a society where we have allowed the corporate masters dictate worker's rights (or lack thereof) that we are in this mess to begin with...

Wages have stagnated for over 10 years and prices have gone through the roof for everything. Our jobs have been shipped overseas. We are done, finished, and the economy is finally tanking. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, especially the corporate elite and the corporate whores who live off of them.

If we workers were to organize again and get the balls to unionize and have effective bargaining unions, not the corrupt and sorry unions that have survived the Rapethepublican's war on unions, we would improve our situation. Instead people are drinking the purple koolaid prepared for them by the robber-barons of the 21st century. We've gone back to the 19th century when it comes to worker protections and wages. We've handed over our power to the elite and those who hoard the capital. Now we are paying the price for allowing them to rape our economy.

Wake up America! Get angry!

It's time!

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Credit card companies charge 18% on carried balances because of people like the woman cited in the OP. So long as there are more than 5 people who pay for every one who goes bankrupt, all is well.

I have friends who have been bankrupt (not out of stupidity - failed business in one case, failed marriage in another) and it didn't look much like a reward from my vantage point.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Look, it's because we live in a society where we have allowed the corporate masters dictate worker's rights (or lack thereof) that we are in this mess to begin with...

Wages have stagnated for over 10 years and prices have gone through the roof for everything. Our jobs have been shipped overseas. We are done, finished, and the economy is finally tanking. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, especially the corporate elite and the corporate whores who live off of them.

If we workers were to organize again and get the balls to unionize and have effective bargaining unions, not the corrupt and sorry unions that have survived the Rapethepublican's war on unions, we would improve our situation. Instead people are drinking the purple koolaid prepared for them by the robber-barons of the 21st century. We've gone back to the 19th century when it comes to worker protections and wages. We've handed over our power to the elite and those who hoard the capital. Now we are paying the price for allowing them to rape our economy.

Wake up America! Get angry!

It's time!

You are correct. You don't really think the sheeple are going to revolt do you? There is absolutely no chance of saving this now. It's too late and we are well set for this country to fall...