Should Carrots Become The National Vegetable of The United States of America?

Which vegetable should be endorsed as the vegetable of the U.S.A.?

• Carrot

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Potato

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I'll take both

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I eat snapper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peas

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Beets

• Beef (cows eat veggies, therefore a cow is a veggie)

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I never met a vegetable I liked

• I love all vegetables equally

• None of the below choices work for me

• None of the above choices work for me

• Will Wallace Shawn and Sean Connery be dining with us?

• I'm confused

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other- indicate your favorite veggie

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Carrots and potatoes are both tasty and easy to prepare. As our nation continues through its current economic crisis, it would be helpful to many of the nation's farmers to launch a campaign which would promote not only good health; but, a vegetable as well which would in turn put money back into the pockets of farmers who in turn could buy new tractors, combines and other things, further stimulating the economy, all due to a reasonably priced carrot.

I can get behind that. Carrots are one of my favorite vegetables. My grandmother hates them, but then she's a Taurus.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Of the choices you give, I'd have to go with potato. It is indigenous to the New World after all, despite being called "Irish potatoes" by some people. Also tomotoes, corn, and squash are New World veggies. Whatever veggie would be chosen, it would have to be one native to this hemisphere.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Somehow, I truly doubt that by metamorphosing the carrot into a "National Vegetable" this will "put money back into the pockets of farmers who in turn could buy new tractors, combines and other things, further stimulating the economy, all due to a reasonably priced carrot." This sounds naive and more than a bit quaint.

Maybe if we transformed marijuana into the National Vegetable it might help this economy.

Also: It might be noted that carrots are already "reasonably priced". I can buy a large bag of raw baby carrots at my "Food 4 Less" for $1.48. Increasing carrot production does not sound like a decent economic stimulus to me.

Last edited:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can get behind that. Carrots are one of my favorite vegetables. My grandmother hates them, but then she's a Taurus.
If she won't eat them, it means more for me and you and other carrototiers!

I'm a Taurus, and I love carrots. Especially raw.
Mmm...the delightful crunch of raw carrots!
Carrots are one of my favorites. I grew the best carrots I've ever tasted this year in my backyard garden. Finally got a 7 foot fence up to keep the deer out and the carrots thrived.
Where'd you say you live again? I may be dropping in...
Where is the U.S.A.:confused:
It's halfway in between New York and California....no, wait, that was Dubuque. the U.S.A. can be located between the Pacific/Balboa and Atlantic Ocean and also in a couple of other places.
Of the choices you give, I'd have to go with potato. It is indigenous to the New World after all, despite being called "Irish potatoes" by some people. Also tomotoes, corn, and squash are New World veggies. Whatever veggie would be chosen, it would have to be one native to this hemisphere.
Tomatoes are out as they are technically a fruit-that makes it another vote for the tasty carrot!

Somehow, I truly doubt that by metamorphosing the carrot into a "National Vegetable" this will "put money back into the pockets of farmers who in turn could buy new tractors, combines and other things, further stimulating the economy, all due to a reasonably priced carrot." This sounds naive and more than a bit quaint.

Maybe if we transformed marijuana into the National Vegetable it might help this economy.

Also: It might be noted that carrots are already "reasonably priced". I can buy a large bag of raw baby carrots at my "Food 4 Less" for $1.48. Increasing carrot production does not sound like a decent economic stimulus to me.
um, uh, yeah. I believe I already indicated in my OP that carrots are reasonably priced, hence the ease in getting them in every child's lunch bag and in jars on every diner counter.

I'm Taurus too but i'm not so keen on veggies (especially green ones, except broccoli and green beans)
That's the joy of the carrot, it's a lovely shade of orange.

I'm always wary of carrots wondering where they have been :eek:
Massage the carrot, speak to it, ask if it's been in naughty places or if it's been sucked on...

Carrots tend to remain pure until they arrive at the hands of their consumer, so don't fret about where others will say it's been. Those are lies told by carrot haters!

Never met an eggplant I didn't like. (Aubergine, for those of you unfamiliar with Yankspeak.)
Eggplants are technically a fruit or in some accounts, a berry. By nominating a fruit or berry instead of a veggie, you have added to the carrot count. We, the carrot lovers of the nation, thank you.

A most noble selection!
Me too.

I voted for peas - I hate them, so I don't mind if you eat them all. :wink:

I'll send all the peas to you- well, not those baby peas, they taste much nicer. And snow peas are nice, and... oh heck, i can't part with the peas either. Just make sure you purchase carrots by the crate on your next visit to the states, and buy the imported ones over in your local grocery. Carrot farmers and the world are depending on you!

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As our nation continues through its current economic crisis, it would be helpful to many of the nation's farmers to launch a campaign which would promote not only good health; but, a vegetable as well which would in turn put money back into the pockets of farmers who in turn could buy new tractors, combines and other things, further stimulating the economy, all due to a reasonably priced carrot.

Wow, didn't really read the whole post before until someone else quoted it. Isn't this a zero-sum game? If people eat more carrots and therefore increase production and employment in the carrot growing sector, they will eat less of something else and therefore production and employment will decrease in that sector, thus no change to total economic activity.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, didn't really read the whole post before until someone else quoted it. Isn't this a zero-sum game? If people eat more carrots and therefore increase production and employment in the carrot growing sector, they will eat less of something else and therefore production and employment will decrease in that sector, thus no change to total economic activity.

Not really.

You see, carrots are low calorie, high fiber which means that you can eat several without gaining weight and still eat the other foods which you've been dining on. Then there's the fiber which will flush your system, causing you to use more bathroom paper. Carrots benefit all sectors and they are a completely open and undiscriminating vegetable.