Should Clinton bow out?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Little is said about the "democracy" of the archaic "caucus". The events often heavily favor a fringe of the electorate, voters with far more time on their hands and voters whose views may be less nuanced than those of the general group they "represent' (activists).

One has to look at the results in TX: millions voted in the primaries, tens of thousands only participated in a caucus , yet a disproportionate % of the delegates is granted based on the caucus results.

You mean to say those in the electorate who recognize the importance of choosing the right leader and are willing to make the personal sacrifice of time (a few hours) necessary to see that mission carried out? Yes, that would sadly be a fringe element, indeed.

How unfair..."I couldn't caucus because I would have missed tonight's airing of American Imbecile. Waaah."

(yawn)

Such a tired and predictable complaint. The rules of the contest were known by all in advance. If you don't like them, then don't play...but bitching about their fairness (or lack thereof) in the middle of the game is nothing other than poor statesmanship.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
washingtonpost.com

here's info on the Texas caucus for the fuckhead I had to put on Ignore and anyone else who doesn't feel intimidated by butthole-of-hell tactics. In Laredo, Texas, which was the set for many Westerns, including the TV show starring Big Bill Smith, who had one of the hottest bulges in cowboy-tight-pants on television.

speshk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Go Hillary!

Old Pennsylvania's gonna make the difference in this contest.

It's like this, Obama is not qualified to be the president of the United States. George Bush wasn't qualified. Let's be clear about this.

A Hillary/Obama ticket, president and vice president? Now that I'd like to see. 4 - 8 years rolls around, and, well,

Go Barack!

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Go Hillary!

Old Pennsylvania's gonna make the difference in this contest.

It's like this, Obama is not qualified to be the president of the United States. George Bush wasn't qualified. Let's be clear about this.

A Hillary/Obama ticket, president and vice president? Now that I'd like to see. 4 - 8 years rolls around, and, well,

Go Barack!

He sure the fuck isn't. She meant him this morning for veep, not her. She's gonna fucking win, I think. Should be able to beat McCain. He walked out of questions about the Rezko, losing his cool already this week. Has won only one big state. Must be fucking FREAKING OUT! She's got the BIG DICK now!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
here's info on the Texas caucus

What, exactly, was the point of your posting this article? The only allusion I've made to our caucus was that once those results were tabulated and delegates apportioned accordingly, Obama will have more total delegates from Texas than Clinton.

Yes, let's be clear. What are the criteria being used to establish or discredit qualification?

rexcasual

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
here's info on the Texas caucus
What, exactly, was the point of your posting this article? The only allusion I've made to our caucus was that once those results were tabulated and delegates apportioned accordingly, Obama will have more total delegates from Texas than Clinton.

It's like this, Obama is not qualified to be the president of the United States. George Bush wasn't qualified. Let's be clear about this.!

Yes, let's be clear. What are the criteria being used to establish or discredit qualification?

quoted for visibility :biggrin1:

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
quoted for visibility :biggrin1:

Oh, thank you so much. I can now see how our sabbatical person needs less of it, using the word 'allusion' in so absurd a way you'd think he'd written, not the complete works of Racine, but rather the complete works of Danielle Steel. Since the asshole was referring (I suppose, since he needed not allude) to the caucus that people not from Texas don't know about, I decided to put a story for those ignunt menz and womenz who don't know nuthin'. Anyway, since you're on his 'buddy list', whether or not officially so, you can get Ignore too, as I don't want to experience the supernal titillation of such splendidly faux-erudite soap-boxing bullshit by some shithead.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
'Clinton's three wins in Ohio, Texas and Rhode Island helped assure that superdelegates will give her campaign more time to makes its case against Obama. And, the best way the Clinton campaign can keep superdelegates on the fence between now and Pennsylvania on April 22 is to push the national security message hard.'

Chris Chilizza's whole WaPo piece here: Clinton's Blueprint for Victory - The Fix

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
For what it's worth I can guarantee a win in Pennsylvannia for Clinton. What it's going to mean I'am not sure!

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
For what it's worth I can guarantee a win in Pennsylvannia for Clinton. What it's going to mean I'am not sure!

I can tell you what it will mean- more confusion for the democrats. The super delegates will end up deciding the nominee and it will not be a pretty sight no matter who gets "picked".

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media

it means a gain of 12 delegate votes for her max...it's not a lot of ground to cover.. the rest of the states are competitive and it's likely they will split the rest of the delegate votes. I think in the end he will end up with 60 more pledge delegates than Hillary.

Unless Dean will let the DEMS sit with alternative means to seat delegates like the other 48 states, they cannot be seated.

The redo of the election is at a standstill, because FLA governor, said sure if the DNC pays for it and Dean was clear, they are not paying for it.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Clinton's record on foreign policy...

Kosovo
"I negotiated open borders to let fleeing refugees into safety from Kosovo," she said on CNN's American Morning. (what she said in the debate was that she negotiated for open borders in kosovo).

In May of 1999, she was in Macedonia visiting refugee camps near the Kosovo border and meeting with Macedonia's president and prime minister.
Sources with knowledge of her visit say she discussed the refugees' plight with those leaders. It's not clear how much she helped since CNN reported at the time that Macedonia reopened its border to Kosovar refugees before Clinton's visit.
(Imagine that).

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Clinton's record on foreign policy...

Kosovo
"I negotiated open borders to let fleeing refugees into safety from Kosovo," she said on CNN's American Morning. (what she said in the debate was that she negotiated for open borders in kosovo).

In May of 1999, she was in Macedonia visiting refugee camps near the Kosovo border and meeting with Macedonia's president and prime minister.
Sources with knowledge of her visit say she discussed the refugees' plight with those leaders. It's not clear how much she helped since CNN reported at the time that Macedonia reopened its border to Kosovar refugees before Clinton's visit.
(Imagine that).

About what I would expect from her...the woman is the poster-child for disingenuity. After reading Dick Morris' Rewriting History, I actually wonder if she's a bona fide pathological liar.

For example, when asked once about the correct spelling of her given name, she launched into an anecdote about how her mother was so inspired by the feat of the young Sir Edmund Hillary becoming the first climber to summit Mt. Everest that she named her daughter after him.

Facts:
HRC was born in 1947. Edmund Hillary first topped Mt. Everest in 1953. Unless she spent the first six years of her life with another name, she's a liar.

And why lie about something so asinine? Just to inflate her sense of self-importance? The fact that it wasn't even a calculated lie speaks volumes. People love to write off my vitriolic adjectives as unjustified and irrational hatred of her...this simply isn't true. It's a judgement based on my assessments of her behaviors.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
About what I would expect from her...the woman is the poster-child for disingenuity. After reading Dick Morris' Rewriting History, I actually wonder if she's a bona fide pathological liar.

For example, when asked once about the correct spelling of her given name, she launched into an anecdote about how her mother was so inspired by the feat of the young Sir Edmund Hillary becoming the first climber to summit Mt. Everest that she named her daughter after him.

Facts:
HRC was born in 1947. Edmund Hillary first topped Mt. Everest in 1953. Unless she spent the first six years of her life with another name, she's a liar.

And why lie about something so asinine? Just to inflate her sense of self-importance? The fact that it wasn't even a calculated lie speaks volumes. People love to write off my vitriolic adjectives as unjustified and irrational hatred of her...this simply isn't true. It's a judgement based on my assessments of her behaviors.

Dude - it's not that she's inflates her resume that bothers me...it's that people are so damn gullible to buy it...

Oh I commented on the whole how did people miss the obvious with the red phone ad? Al-Qaeda cut it's teeth with 5 major attacks on the US and US buildings, military during the Clinton administration before 9/11 and they managed to cut the intelligence budget ANYWAY?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I'm with you on that... Obama needs something fast... the rocket's boosters are out of fuel... and the nose is starting to dive back into the atmosphere.... yikes...

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was reminded today that the delegates that are pledged to one candidate or another are not permanently bonded to that candidate ... many delegates have the option to change their mind depending on what happens between now and the convention.

AND IT SHOULD VEHEMENTLY FRIGHTEN the American public... that these are single ppl in 2008 that can be influenced/promised/paid-off/threatened/etc... the Clinton paid hardball... you have to review the long history, and have to believe that where there is SOME smoke there is fire.

After all, Hillary said the Lewinsky thing was a Republican attack, which it was, and petty/dumb... but at the same time denied any factual point to it... when the "smoke" trail was that Bill is a chronic philanderer... either she's in denial (which keep in mind when casting a ballot), or .. ah nevermind.

Superdelegates = bad idea by the Dems. Very undemocratic...

Superdelegates - need to go bye-bye
Districts - need to be redrawn on the basic
Electoral votes - no state should be a winner take all.. end of story.

Orange County California has more ppl than Vermont, Alaska, Montana and a few other states I can't think of.... combined....

Their votes are pointless and some heavy electoral votes are useless should the rest of the state vote the other way.... huh?

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
I'm with you on that... Obama needs something fast... the rocket's boosters are out of fuel... and the nose is starting to dive back into the atmosphere.... yikes...

So in the next 10 races she has to win by 10 or more delegate votes to lock it in as a tie and that's unlikely. So yeah.. her staying in is just going to cost the Dems more money in the general election.