• Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
A friend of mine has a very ill parent, they have been told that the parent will not recover and that they will die within the next 6-8 months. My friend obviously found this news very hard to hear and since this time the parents decline has been slow but painful.

What do you think about euthanasia? Do you think it should be legal?

Personally, I think in the right circumstance a human should have the choice to decide if they wish to end their life. My friend put it quite well saying "We are allowed to help our dogs die, but when it's a human suddenly it's wrong".

What say you, people of LPSG?
The quick answer is yes because there are many suffering & in pain. The problem is who decides? The patient may feel they are through with any kind of meaningful life but the Dr. may think diifferently. It can also happen in the reverse where the Dr. thinks the patient would be better if their life ended but the patient still has a desire to remain alive, does the Dr. then have the right to inject deadly drugs ending the life? Who decides and what are the lines of demarcation?

brodomino

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
YES

Being an adult means the freedom to make choices about what's right for you as an individual. Being able to choose when and how to leave this world (facing a terminal illness etc.) seems like a decision we each deserve to be able to make for ourselves.