Should he ask for your number?

modestlyhung

1st Like
Media
Ladies what would you prefer (and you answer may be dependent on situation). Would you like a guy who asks you out to ask for your number, or hand you his? Would you think differently of him if he gave you his?

B_Dustydo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
He has to ask for mine. I don't ask for a guys number and if he gives me his I don't call. If he's keen on me I don't have to.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ladies what would you prefer (and you answer may be dependent on situation). Would you like a guy who asks you out to ask for your number, or hand you his? Would you think differently of him if he gave you his?
He needs to ask for my number. Him giving me his number seems cocky to me.:cool:

He has to ask for mine. I don't ask for a guys number and if he gives me his I don't call. If he's keen on me I don't have to.
Good point.

vergax

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a man but i will answer this:
it depends on culture and society.

- In more egalitarian societies (Scandinavia and northern Europe) in regards of male-female relationships, a woman can ask you your number and she will call if interested (i am talking from a good amount of experience)

- In most other societies, the playful game of courtship still prevails and women play along the game of being wanted, making themselves a bit difficult and expecting a gentleman to go along those plays.

Having said that, the one with the initiative wins, so in any society it pays for the interested party to approach vast numbers and ask their phones. Stadistically, some will want to give you their number and you take it from there.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A guy I do not know well has to give me his number and I'll call if the mood strikes. However, if I am really interested, I'll give him my number without his asking.

If the attraction's strong enough, there are no rules.
Certainly not outmoded rules of conduct for gender-based roles.

Ah...some things never change, I see...
Oh, pish, I think they do. :)

Last edited:

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It really wouldn't matter to me. If he's already asked me out then most likely I would exchange numbers but if he simply handed me his I'm ok with that. That is if I have agreed to go on a date with him. If a man simply walks up and hands me his number without any reason then he's cocky and it will go in the first trash can I find.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Agreed. "Hey baby, I know you want me, so here's my number; you don't even have to ask." :rolleyes: If he can pull it off with some style then I'd probably call him.

Let's not forget that sometimes women don't give out their own numbers :wink:

In my experiance, women dont give out their number right away. I give it to them and assume they wont call. And some do. Go figure.

Then there is this new thing where they ask if you have a MySpace or FaceBook. Like they want to know more about you through that before they give you thier number, or call you.

Do any of you ladies do that as an alternative?

D_Clem Clodhopper

Just Browsing
Media
In my experiance, women dont give out their number right away. I give it to them and assume they wont call. And some do. Go figure.

Then there is this new thing where they ask if you have a MySpace or FaceBook. Like they want to know more about you through that before they give you thier number, or call you.

Isn't that kinda weak?

No girl's gonna shut you down asking for her Facebook...

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

This kind of thing used to drive me crazy. What if you're keen on him but you miss out because he lost your number? Why leave your dating destiny completely in someone else's hands? If nothing else, a lot of guys need to have the tables turned on them. How many dates would you have been on if guys didn't do the calling? And why rely on them to do it? Baffling.

He needs to ask for my number. Him giving me his number seems cocky to me.:cool:

And waiting around for a guy to call you seems insecure and sad to me.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
A guy I do not know well has to give me his number and I'll call if the mood strikes. However, if I am really interested, I'll give him my number without his asking.

If the attraction's strong enough, there are no rules.
Certainly not outmoded rules of conduct for gender-based roles.

^ same here! at least those were my rules when i was single. i don't need to get numbers anymore, but it feels great when i do get asked for mine, although i never give it out. i guess it's just a bit of reassurance that i've still got something going for me even though i'm taken.

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media

I completely forgot about that possibility! I give out my facebook left and right because it's more casual, whereas giving out my number seems like I'm just leading him on.