should i break it off?

dre101

Experimental Member
Media
well i am a 2nd year college student living in the dorms. i have gone out with my floormate for about 3 weeks.. shes is a good person and all as a friend.

but once she became my girlfriend she became very clingy. i am an engineering major and often busy with work. but its like she is clingy and never wants me to leave.

to be honest i was thinking about breaking it off and stating how i feel like i dont put enough time into the relationship.

yes i liked her. then she became my girlfriend/very clingy and now i find it unattractive.

we are both virgins and the only closest thing i have done was lick her nipples and touch her boobs.

dre101

Experimental Member
Media
how do i approach this break up? she is actually my first girlfriend.. do i just tell her i wanna be friends and that i dont have time for her?

monel

Sexy Member
Media
how do i approach this break up? she is actually my first girlfriend.. do i just tell her i wanna be friends and that i dont have time for her?

Breaking up is rarely easy particulary where only one party wants it. You got the message right but you may want to add a little finesse. Let her know that you do not have the time to give the relationship the time it deserves; that it is not fair to her and you want your relationship to go back to what it was.

She is likely to be angry, disappointed, feel rejected and may even hate you. But, if you stay "classy" and don't get into accusations or placing blame, she will probably come around and respect you in the end.

Good luck.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How is she getting HER homework done? Tell her to be practical and cool it, maybe make a schedule. She might think she is flattering you by acting clingy, having read romance novels :tongue:

Take it from me, if you talk to her like a fellow intelligent classmate, she will Probably respond that way. Don't break up with her until she is given a chance to change her approach with you.

Of course, if she can't control her passions enough to get through school, she is not a 'keeper'.

Last edited:

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
How is she getting HER homework done? Tell her to be practical and cool it, maybe make a schedule. She might think she is flattering you by acting clingy, having read romance novels :tongue:

Take it from me, if you talk to her like a fellow intelligent classmate, she will Probably respond that way. Don't break up with her until she is given a chance to change her approach with you.

Of course, if she can't control her passions enough to get through school, she is not a 'keeper'.

I agree. Since the two of you are so inxperienced with relationships, I'd suggest sitting down with her and telling her about your concerns. If she is still unable to let go, then it is time to break up.

B_rzl

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
yes, you should talk to her but i wouldnt expect that she can change, some people cant help being clingy... good luck and keep us informed of developments

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i vote for brutal honesty.
she'll hate you for it but you might, if she has the sense to take heed, be saving her relationships for years to come.
clinginess is grotesquely unattractive.

B_patrickmcc

Sexy Member
Media
Breakups are very tough. Rarely is there not something that bugs you in a relationship, and you have to decide if its worth ignoring, accepting, trying to change, or cutting it off.
If you decide to end it, the sooner the better, particularly if you haven’t had sex yet. Don’t plan on remaining friends though. That can work in a NSA relationship, but rarely in one that had emotional feeling involved.
The best way is to be as frank as possible. But face it, it really isn’t about her being clingy, it is about her being around you all the time, and wanting your attention, when you want more freedom. Her actions are totally normal for someone that is love, and she may be more in love than you are.
Be prepared for a lot of tears, followed by pleading, then anger. All normal. Problem with dormances is you cant easily avoid the other person, so expect a tough few months.

dre101

Experimental Member
Media
ok i think im goning to tell her that i feel that i do not have enough time to be committed to the relationship and that i just want to stay friends..

would i look like a jerk?

monel

Sexy Member
Media
ok i think im goning to tell her that i feel that i do not have enough time to be committed to the relationship and that i just want to stay friends..

would i look like a jerk?

She may think so. But, if you really do not want to be in this relationship, you would be a bigger jerk to continue the ruse.