Should I change my avatar?

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
The title pretty much says it all, but for those of you who clicked on/moused over the thread title, I'm adding some text to reward you:

I think when I first got here, I took a Hobbes (from Calvin and Hobbes, not Thomas) avatar, and changed to the Beaker one a few months later.

Now I'm somewhat bored with it. And it seems there are many clueless people who don't recognize Beaker, for whatever utterly incomprehensible reason. It does make my own posts recognizable when I click on a thread in my subscription lists, but I'm not sure if that alone can justify continued inertia.

Oh, incidentally, bear in mind that I am not binding myself to poll results - depending on who responds and in what manner, I might actually do the opposite of what they suggest. But you ought to know that, of course. :rolleyes:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I saw someone refer to him as a 'talking chicken' just the other day :confused:

As a fellow muppet :rolleyes: I enjoy seeing Beaker - but if you are bored then change it. I'm usually confused by an av change for a few posts and then I adjust to the new one. No biggie in the recognition regard.

Did you have anything else particular in mind. Not another naked male torso please - they are very lovely but I have trouble telling them all apart - likewise bouncey tits. dongalong and Chuck have the rights on those - everyone else just confuses me.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Did you have anything else particular in mind. Not another naked male torso please - they are very lovely but I have trouble telling them all apart - likewise bouncey tits. dongalong and Chuck have the rights on those - everyone else just confuses me.

No. If I posted more, I would consider selling it as advertising space.

And now that you mention it, I did have an avatar of my torso for a short while, somewhere pre-Beaker. :cool:

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:biggrin1::dunno::biggrin1:
Took me a year to post mine because I was't sure it was acceptable as to what I'm revealing...but guess it's ok...also helps me recognize my posts as expectionally me.:wink::smile:=Whopper-lee

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some people here have not changed their avatar for a very very long time and I have since come to associate them with that specific avatar,
Rawbone8, Senor Rubiosa, and you. You have become a brand - easily recognizable.

Besides don't you look like Beeker somewhat?

I suppose we need to know what you are going to replace Beeker with before we can give the thumbs up or down.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Avatars are one of those things that we can change at a moment's notice. It's fun to switch it up when the mood takes us. We can always change it back any time.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I kinda identify you with that picture, that's how I pick out who's posts to read by avatars I recognize.
Seconded.

Some people here have not changed their avatar for a very very long time and I have since come to associate them with that specific avatar,
Rawbone8, Senor Rubiosa, and you. You have become a brand - easily recognizable.

Besides don't you look like Beeker somewhat?

I suppose we need to know what you are going to replace Beeker with before we can give the thumbs up or down.
When I changed mine, I got 20 PM's, yelling at me for changing it.

Having said that, I like Beeker. He's got character. I keep my eyes out for him. I suggest you switch to a different muppet, otherwise I'm going to get confused.:biggrin1:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Actually - as an after thought - and indeed off-topic - you could reduce your sig a wee bit, rob - when you make a short post all I see is the sig. All the componants of it are very worthy of being there but do you need them all? Could they be in a smaller font?

Yeah, yeah, I know - picky, picky, picky.... just a thought. :rolleyes:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with what Manly said, you often make a short post and sometimes it's hard to pick it out from your long signature. You could perhaps shorten it to something more pithy like 'suck my dick bitch'. :)