Should I change my LPSG name?

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Now rather naively I chose my name HappyHammer1977 because of my passion for the greatest footballing team in the world - West Ham United, nicknamed The Hammers, or often Harrys' Happy Hammers. (After previous Manager Harry Redknapp. (now should be Alans' 'Appy 'Ammers!))

But, upon seeing other members names on the list I now discover there's about a million 'Happy..' people and about a million 'Hammer...' people, mostly in reference to their penises. I've never been that boastful to call myself after any part of my body!!

So, should I change? If so, what to? Or, should I stick with it?

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You've been here almost 2 years, you're photo verified and you've got a lot of LPSG friends.

What's to change?

I agree with Pecker. You really don't need to change just because of what others decide...you chose your username because clearly the Happy Hammers mean something to you...just like penises etc mean something to other members (for lack of a better word). Embrace your inner reality, don't try to conform to others....or else you will basing your life on a flavour of the day reality. :wink:

D_Ted Riding Hooded

Experimental Member
Media
Keep it as it is mate....but what you should do is get yourself a banner with 'HappyHammer1977' printed on it then take it to the 'Boleyn Ground' next season.....see if you get any response!!:wink:

Shame I'll still be watching my football in the coca-cola league!!!:mad:

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with Pecker. You really don't need to change just because of what others decide...you chose your username because clearly the Happy Hammers mean something to you...just like penises etc mean something to other members (for lack of a better word). Embrace your inner reality, don't try to conform to others....or else you will basing your life on a flavour of the day reality. :wink:

Well that's the thing; I don't want to basing my life on thers; I've always prided myself on being unique.

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Keep it as it is mate....but what you should do is get yourself a banner with 'HappyHammer1977' printed on it then take it to the 'Boleyn Ground' next season.....see if you get any response!!:wink:

Shame I'll still be watching my football in the coca-cola league!!!:mad:

I wonder if the Hammerettes would notice that sign?!

What with the double-entendre paradise that this place is, why do you think I haven't been singing "I'm forever blowing bubbles"?!

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are lots of 'Happy......' people, and lots of 'Hammer.....' people, but you're the only one who thought to combine the words. That's unique! I think it's a great handle.

I had a similar problem when I arrived. I had no idea that there was a prolific poster named Big Dirigible who's commonly referred to as Big D. After my first few posts, someone replied "Don't be a pompous know-it-all, Big D". I read my post, found it pretty harmless and later realized it was directed at the other Big D. Thankfully now I've figured out how to distinguish my hate mail from his.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...later realized it was directed at the other Big D. Thankfully now I've figured out how to distinguish my hate mail from his.
Now THAT is funny. :rofl:

I know what you mean, HH, I've thought of changing mine too, but really it's how people all know me. Besides, my experience level hasn't changed, so...:worried: Of course, the choices of new names for me wouldn't be that great either. I mean, "loose_btm", "stretched_btm" don't really sound that great. OH, hey, if you DO change your name, maybe I could borrow part of it, and become "Happy_btm".:biggrin1: