Should i cut or bulk?

87sultan

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Santo Domingo (Nacional, Dominican Republic)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Giacomo cavernosa

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you said you were stronger when you were heavier...did you change the weights/rep ranges that you used when you cut?
I did. I actually only started cutting because an injury prevented me from lifting heavy. So I moved to body building ranges. 3 sets 8-12 reps for most things. Higher reps for legs. the important thing is to work the muscle not the weight

Reactions: steel33

shrevela

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ahh makes sense. So you wouldn’t recommend wearing fitted shirts until I cut but in general look more bulky with regular shirts.
How long have you been working out? How lean do you want to get when you start cutting? When I bulk I look bigger in a regular shirt than when I cut. When I cut I look much more impressive in a tank top or fitted shirt. It's all an illusion. I'm not saying that I don't recommend wearing fitted shirts. I wear them when I bulk but I make sure they are loose near the belly lol.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Looking at your pics again, you've got an insane lump in your biceps. I'm guessing you spend most of your gym time with isolation exercises for your arms.
Again, based on your frame, I'd work on core by lifting heavy weights. I think if you muscled up a little in chest, back, and legs--setting aside bulking or cutting--you'd get a better sense of what you need to do.

Reactions: Gj816 and DSF140

SoCalguy1991

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Looking at your pics again, you've got an insane lump in your biceps. I'm guessing you spend most of your gym time with isolation exercises for your arms.
Again, based on your frame, I'd work on core by lifting heavy weights. I think if you muscled up a little in chest, back, and legs--setting aside bulking or cutting--you'd get a better sense of what you need to do.

Thanks makes sense

Reactions: Gj816

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
Do you have a target ideal body that you're trying to attain to?
Perhaps share a photo of someone who fits that description, and more detailed ideas can be provided.
I suggest you choose someone close to your own height, since that will govern the overall proportions.
You already have a well-proportioned body, so you're ahead of the game.

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
I can't imagine why anyone would say you have too much body fat. You have a better body than the vast majority of people I come across, and I'm at the gym 6 out of every 8 days.
As I said, let us see an image of what your ideal body looks like, and we can go from there.

MIGayGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Half the people say keep bulking thought

This is just my opinion, but... you're not fat in the sense that you have an excessive amount of body fat to lose, or that you look bad. However, if gaining muscle and strength is a priority, then you should cut first. The reasons for this are :

1) You don't want to have a huge amount of fat to shed once you're done bulking.
2) Bulks are much more effective if you run them for extended periods of time (at least 4 months). If you're looking to put on 5-10 lbs of muscle, this is going to take time especially if you're an experienced lifter. It's a waste of time constantly switching between bulk and cutting cycles.