Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Gonna post new pics in a couple weeks then probably cut closer to the new year. Over 200 pounds at 5’9 after taking creatine and working out more
Keep us posted, @SoCalguy1991 . As you're figuring out, bodybuilding is a constantly evolving process with your changing body.

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
Keep us posted, @SoCalguy1991 . As you're figuring out, bodybuilding is a constantly evolving process with your changing body.
And to add to what @DSF140 said, if I may, not only will your body evolve, but your goals will change, too. I found when I started, I had a fairly modest goal, but by the time I realized I had gotten there, my goals had progressed. And I found it's not like a road trip, where you reach a milestone at one particular point, and then aim for the next milestone. If you keep at it, it's a constant progression. Don't forget to take photos, for yourself, so see how far you've come. When I look back on my old pictures, I'm amazed, and that does more for me than any external encouragement.

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
Actually, @SoCalguy1991 , as long as you see improvements from what you looked like previously, that's what you need to concern yourself with. Just keep working those goals. Look back at where you came from, and forward to what you want to look and feel like. No one can say what shape you're in without seeing where you started. The fact that you're showing us photos at this point, and asking questions, shows that you already know you've made progress, and are on the right track.

SoCalguy1991

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some tough love for you here...sorry.

You don’t look like you even lift. Get that body fat way down my man!

Lmao it doesn’t look like I even lift? I get compliments all the time

Reactions: bkmuscledad

SoCalguy1991

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wouldn't saw bulk or cut. Up the weights and don't be afraid to feel the burn. Build more muscle.

I’ve lifted 9 months straight 4-5x a week. I do heavy sets of 6 reps maxing out. I curl 52.5s. Overhead press 125. Tricep skull crushers with 105 dumbbells. Squat 280. Etc

Stratavos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
How do you "cut"?
so you'd calculate what you average caloric intake is, and reduce it by up to 500 calories per day for the duration of your cut, though every 3~7 days, you include a regular caloric day. This will get the body to use up it's fat reserves since they'd be officially needed.

Stratavos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
And to add to what @DSF140 said, if I may, not only will your body evolve, but your goals will change, too. I found when I started, I had a fairly modest goal, but by the time I realized I had gotten there, my goals had progressed. And I found it's not like a road trip, where you reach a milestone at one particular point, and then aim for the next milestone. If you keep at it, it's a constant progression. Don't forget to take photos, for yourself, so see how far you've come. When I look back on my old pictures, I'm amazed, and that does more for me than any external encouragement.

similar to in the "bombshell" musical about Marylin Monroe "they just keep moving the line"

Reactions: bkmuscledad

5’9” and 190 is borderline obese. You don’t look fit in these pics. You should be cutting calories and recopming your body before even dreaming of bulking. Also. Stop saying cutting and bulking. These are terms elite lifters use to dial things in and improve. You should focus on dieting and lifting heavy things and some HIIT. You want your thighs to be thinner? C’mon man. Muscular thighs are are a gift and something you have to work for. If you diet properly you’ll be shocked that you no longer have “thick thighs” as I’m not certain your muscle base is there yet to even have muscular thighs. Don’t mean to be harsh but get a trainer. Make yourself accountable. You will achieve great things.