Should i even vote?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lucky8, Sep 18, 2008.

?

To vote or not to vote, that is the question...

1. Vote

25 vote(s)
    89.3%
  2. Don't vote (please don't tell P. Diddy)

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. lucky8

Gold Member

Ok. So I'm fiscally conservative, but socially liberal...an independent. I was going to vote for McCain, but Palin is so anti what i stand for socially, I just can't bring myself to vote for the republican party this time around, plus, I really don't want the majority of the Supreme Court to be reublican.

Here's the thing. I live in kansas...my vote for anyone BUT McCain is just a waste of my time since, well, im surrounded by hicks and kansas will never vote democratic, ever. I know I know, every vote counts, blah blah blah, but in my case, my vote really doesn't mean shit unless I vote republican. So people, you decide for me, should I just not vote, or should I humor myself and vote for The Nade'?

2. midlifebear

Gold Member

Always vote. You never know when they'll usurp this fundamental right from all of us.

3. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    Vote for ME!!

4. D_Cyprius Slapwilly

D_Cyprius Slapwilly New Member

My first question was "what state do you live in," but you answered that already. Kansas? Don't waste your time. Or write in someone ridiculous.

5. D_Davy_Downspout

D_Davy_Downspout Account Disabled

Up to you. I am a liberal in California, my vote won't change much...but there are some Propositions on the ballot, so that counts.

If it's only the Presidential vote in the booth, feel free to go and masturbate there.

McCain is neither fiscally conservative, nor socially liberal. I'm not really sure why you were voting for him in the first place.

6. D_Cyprius Slapwilly

D_Cyprius Slapwilly New Member

Seriously. While Palin may have gone to a scarier church, she isn't much further to the right than McCain on social issues. In fact, when people were falsely claiming that Palin was for abstinence only education and against contraception, people forgot that McCain actually does favor abstinence only education.

7. lucky8

Gold Member

Ya, maybe i will just vote for mr. ed

8. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

I think you should move to a more enlightened place.
    :biggrin1:

9. lucky8

Gold Member

India?

10. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm sure there are other things to vote for on the ballot, so spend your time deciding those races.

11. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

There is no such thing as wasting a vote.

Its NOT a horse race... you don't vote for the one you think will win.

Its an Opinion poll... even if your opinion doesn't carry the majority- you lessen the significance and power of the majority by making that majority as small as possible.

Like you I am a fiscal conservative... but I have not seen ONE IOTA of fiscal conservatism out of the republican party.
    Bush's FATHER was the last fiscal conservative the republicans have fielded. ( moreso than Reagan, who was anything but fiscally conservative)

Don't root for politicians like you do for a football team... that is the problem with politics today- soccer hooligans on both sides running the show.

Its a strange boat to be in... but, today,. if you really want to see some financial restraint in Washington, you have to vote liberal.

If you really want to see some semblence of constitutional law upheld... you have to vote liberal.

Vote for the IDEAS that you belive will best serve, not YOU, but your nation.

And keep in mind "your nation" includes ALL the people...
    ...even the poor.

12. Pavfer1

Pavfer1 New Member

Not voting, even if you feel your vote won't 'count', is like the homosexuals and Jews in Nazi Germany who, except in very few cases, never said "No" to their oppression. Not voting, even if you feel your vote won't 'count', is a silent way of saying that the candidate you oppose is right and should be elected. Voting for "Mr. Ed" makes a mockery of the freedom that we have to vote. What is at hand here is not only the current electoral campaign; every vote, every election, is the most important way we have of showing that democracy, our chosen form of government, is supported by us, even if our candidate doesn't win. We don't elect a king or dictator. Terms of office give us the possibility to win the next time.

13. Principessa

Gold Member

14. MadCock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Vote - Constitution Party; Libertarian party; Green party; Independent party

Vote for some thing or some one you belive in;

vote just to have your voice heard!

The Baldwin/Castle Doctrine
    A Plan For Keeping America In The Hands Of Americans

Introduction

We've heard about the Spanish company Centra holding the lease on the Trans Texas Corridor, the Indiana Tollway, etc., and many are probably aware that foreign companies are buying American infrastructure rapidly. Now the Sovereign Wealth funds which many countries hold are buying our foreclosed homes. Abu Dhabi has $875 billion, Norway $391 billion, Singapore $303 billion, Kuwait $264 billion in their funds to name a few. These countries are hiring American real estate companies to buy billions in foreclosed American real estate at bargain prices. This is intolerable, embarrassing and unacceptable for a Sovereign and once great nation to endure.

We will soon be debtors in our homes to other nations who hold our debt. The dollar is so disrespected abroad that these countries want real American assets instead of worthless paper and as always, unfortunately, there are greedy individuals and corporations, more interested in profit than patriotism, who are willing to oblige. It is time for Americans to take a stand against the selling off of America! Chuck Baldwin and Darrell Castle are prepared to take the lead in keeping America for Americans and offer the Baldwin/Castle Doctrine as a solution to protect America from takeover by foreign interests.

No foreign government or world government body or entity, not even an ally or neighbor of the US is allowed to own any portion of US roads, airports, homes, buildings, lands, waters, resources (oil, gas, precious metals, minerals, etc,), religious facilities (no matter what faith), stocks, bonds, US treasury notes, businesses, banks, military bases or military assets or manufacturing facilities in the US regardless of how much the foreign governments donate to the political campaigns or private fortunes of US officials, elected or bureaucratic, or even to the US treasury.

15. Pavfer1

Pavfer1 New Member

Here! Here!

Hear! Hear!

16. B_lamdellboo

B_lamdellboo New Member

Vote.

I'm sure you can spare the time, anyway. :rolleyes:

17. Northland

Gold Member

Of course you vote. Or at least go down to the voting place, sign in and then cast a ballot for nobody-I feel that sends a message that the candidates are so bad that nobody wants any of them.

Or try a write-in vote. Maybe Bob Dole, because as you know: "Bob Dole knows Kansas. In fact, Bob Dole knows all the members of Kansas and Bob Dole helped Bob Dole write Dust In The Wind" and: "Bob Dole is unaffected by the price slippage of wheat futures; yet cares enough to make sure you have a prune danish on your plate every morning!" and: "Bob Dole knows Bob Dole."

The biggest reason beyond it being a right which has been given to you, which allows you to express your viewpoint of what direction the country should be headed, is that, if your candidate wins and does well, you had a part in it. If the other candidate wins and the country goes down the tubes, you can proudly say that at least you did not vote for that person. (if your choice wins and things go bad, or if the other person wins and things go well, say nothing)

And remember: "Bob Dole says vote early and vote often, because there are a lot of recently dead persons who haven't been cleaned off the rolls yet and Bob Dole could use their vote."

18. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Please vote. Whether or not you feel as though it "makes a difference" what is important is that you make your voice heard. In a democracy, it is not only a right, it's a responsibility.

Even a "protest vote" is significant. Although an Obama vote would be preferable.

19. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

That's just not true. One of the fundamental rights in a democracy such as you have in the US is the right to spoil your ballot. By intentionally spoiling your ballot you are saying 'I don't believe any of the candiates put forward are good enough for the job'. That's a significant statement and is most certainly not a mockery of the right, or as you put it 'freedom', to vote

That's right. :yup:

20. canuck_pa

Gold Member

Not voting means you accept whatever the government throws at you. You can't complain because you did nothing to stop it. Voting for the person/party you want elected sends a message to both parties. Spoiling your ballot says nothing and sends no message. The candidates won't know yours was a protest vote. All they will know is that for one reason or another your ballot did not count.

Draft saved Draft deleted