Should I Get An Hiv Test After Oral Sex?

Sherwood D. Likelym

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
it’s been a little over a month. is that an ok window?
You need to aleviate your discomfort. I'm assuming that the test will be administered via a counselling service. Your main discomfort is the fear that you are experiencing. AIDS can lead to death. HIV status is only a small element of the fear that you are experiencing. Could you have "trusted" the self-reported status of your first experience?

Reactions: tito21

winesthel945

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
HIV being passed orally is extremely rare... If you're feeling concerned, you can certainly get tested. And then you should use the Internet to read up from reliable medical sources about how HIV and other STIs are transmitted. Then you'll have learned that oral transmission is extremely, almost vanishingly, rare. You would also learn about PrEP -- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis -- drugs like Truvada or Descovy that you can take a few days before and after having sex and nearly eliminate any risk of HIV infection.

While HIV is probably not much of a risk for you from that encounter, you are far more likely to contract another STI. Lots of people don't even know they have some STIs and the moment you put your mouth on his dick (whether he cums or not), you could catch it. So you should get tested, not just after sex, but regularly if you're going to be sexually active... about every 3 months, or monthly if you're very active. Most STIs can be treated very quickly and easily... As a baby gay, you really need to learn about this stuff. Luckily the Internet has more detailed and informative resources available than chat boards about big dicks. ;-)

briacon429

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
it’s been a little over a month. is that an ok window?
To answer your question, yes: that’s an ok window.

I agree with what everybody has said. Based on what you described, your risk is pretty low, but better safe than sorry. And if it’s causing you anxiety, that by itself is reason enough to get tested.

D

deleted1074483

if you're sexually active, whatever your role, whether safe or not, and gay, straight, bi, trans or whatever then you should ensure you get a full sexual health test on a regular basis - i'm in a monogamous relationship currently and even we take our 6 monthly tests. It'll help you ensure you're clear of stis and you'll start to learn more about having safer sex (no such thing as 100% safe) and about what you can catch, how to avoid or at least lessen risk etc. Go get tested mate and make it part of your regime;-)

cedarizzo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Do you need to get tested for HIV after oral sex? Not really. The risk is so miniscule, practically non-exsistent. Should you get tested for HIV after oral sex? In your case, probably yes. You seem anxious about it and this would help calm your nervousness.

I do suggest you read up and learn about HIV and other STIs. You are much more likely to get another STI than you would be get HIV from oral sex. Learning about them will help you learn the risks. But I also suggest regular testing for HIV and all STIs. That is the smart way to play.

Manclad74

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The risk from oral sex is very low. The key thing is not to have any bleeding in your mouth - so don't brush your teeth just before.

Get your info from the many great HIV websites that exist...

https://www.tht.org.uk/hiv-and-sexu...HwyWFS_DoDc5vfNu0g3Is0RrZvSWGn1UaAjwaEALw_wcB

I think it's good practice to get into the habit of getting tested on a regular basis.

Try not to get hung up about it - you should enjoy sex - but just be aware of the facts and risks.

Also remember, that HIV meds these days mean that a guy can be HIV positive but also undetectable - and so cannot pass the virus on.

If you do happen to have unsafe sex in the future get yourself to your local clinic, hospital or doctor and they can prescribe PrEP.

Remember condoms not only protect against HIV but lots of other sexual infections.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have been sucking dick and fucking guys for 30 years. Still negative. Also a total top. I talked to the doctor about this very thing. She told me that getting HIV from oral sex or fucking as the TOP is extremely rare. However if you want to bottom even once, use protection or get on PreP. Because eventually you will probably get HIV if you bottom. THAT becomes Russian Roulette.