Should I get circumcised?

Peter Wood

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I am 7" uncut erect, and I have been thinking lately about getting circumcised. What do you think about it? I am 27, and I don't have any hygiene or tightness problems. I would just be doing it for the cut look. I like the tight cut look. I have a lot of foreskin (CI-9). Should I go for it or stick to what I've got?

Others told you that it’s your decision. There are advices pro and contra.
I think it has a lot to do in what society you live. I live in Holland and as far as I know circumcision is a religious thing (Jew and Muslim) or has to do with health problems. Not many guys have had their penis circumcised only for "better looking". At places one can see men nude, cut penises are minority.
I think in American society situation is just opposite.
Having a circumcision only for hygienic reasons is very odd to my opinion.
In the gallery you can see many pictures of circumcised penises. I have seen lots of them where the skin was removed badly.​

Murci_EC

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NO correlation between circumcision and STIs.

Why would a guys cock have anything to do with him driving a Subaru or not? Ok, just kidding! I think this is a matter of opinion. I have a circumcised penis and I like it. If I was uncircumcised then maybe I would have a different opinion. Just do what you think is right.:smile:

jordanj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you're that desperate to do something with it, get a piercing in the 'banjo string' and after you've put up with that for a few weeks of pain and remember that you can remove it afterwards and it'll be almost liek you never had it done, then remember that you can't truly undo a circumcision.

Aside from anything else, you realise you'll have to pay privately for this to be done, right?

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yet another amputee who's defensive.Important note: No scientific random versus control study has ever proved a link between foreskin and any STD.

actually there is an amaing article that recently just came out that does just that. I have no read it yet bc i only had enough time to read the abstract.....You're obsessed with random versus controlled studies.....theyre not the only kind and there are other types of studies which are just as conclusive with p values that are just as accurate and sensitive

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
actually there is an amaing article that recently just came out that does just that. I have no read it yet bc i only had enough time to read the abstract.....You're obsessed with random versus controlled studies.....theyre not the only kind and there are other types of studies which are just as conclusive with p values that are just as accurate and sensitive

Wrong again, baseball. See the link in the post above yours. That's about your "amazing" study. It's just more cut men desperate to justify what they've lost. Because Fergusson is dealing with a pretty healthy first-world country, the STD rate and the circumcision rate are too low for his study to reach significance, so he just claims statistical significance where there is none.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You're obsessed with random versus controlled studies ...
Obsessed? Three such mentions among 170 messages and I'm declared "obsessed". Well ... I'll take your word for it since your a doctor-in-training who always right and never wrong.
... there are other types of studies which are just as conclusive with p values that are just as accurate and sensitive
Then name one that definitively links an STD to foreskin.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wrong again, baseball. See the link in the post above yours. That's about your "amazing" study. It's just more cut men desperate to justify what they've lost. Because Fergusson is dealing with a pretty healthy first-world country, the STD rate and the circumcision rate are too low for his study to reach significance, so he just claims statistical significance where there is none.

wrong again? depends if you understand statistics. Of course youre going to use a wealthy country where cirumcision is relatively common. Youre looking for positive predictive value by the basis of the study. by definition the population would have to have a relatively high incidence of circumcision. If the rate was so low then the p value would be insignificant. also, youre grossly misinformed STD rates worlwide as well in first world wealthy countries are extremely high. Most people just deny or ignore it

and wrong again eh? i'll take that with a grain of salt since your opinion matters none to me

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obsessed? Three such mentions among 170 messages and I'm declared "obsessed". Well ... I'll take your word for it since your a doctor-in-training who always right and never wrong.Then name one that definitively links an STD to foreskin.

it may not have been you but i think from a few months ago you keptraving about random v controlled studies. if im wrong, apology but i dont feel like runnign a search

and no im not always right and i dont claim to be but i do point out alot of the bullshit people post on this site. ive already made it clear i dont agree with routine infant cirumcision but as a "doctor in training" and being in the medical field and practicing alot with interest in STI's then I can not ignore a study that clearly shows significance. Does that mean that everyone should run out and cut everyone, no.....but it values further study

as for naming a single std that is linked to circumcision that makes no sense.....naming several (and the most common ones) that have an increased association with circumcision, well there are articles on that and some are quite clear

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
wrong again? depends if you understand statistics. Of course youre going to use a wealthy country where cirumcision is relatively common. Youre looking for positive predictive value by the basis of the study. by definition the population would have to have a relatively high incidence of circumcision. If the rate was so low then the p value would be insignificant. also, youre grossly misinformed STD rates worlwide as well in first world wealthy countries are extremely high. Most people just deny or ignore it

Here are some post publication peer reviews of the study. Since most other studies regarding circ status have clearly shown that there is no correlation, the small sample size of this study might be clearly to blame. As well as the fact that religion was not considered as a mitigating factor.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here are some post publication peer reviews of the study. Since most other studies regarding circ status have clearly shown that there is no correlation, the small sample size of this study might be clearly to blame. As well as the fact that religion was not considered as a mitigating factor.

like i said i havent read the article yet but thanks for the link to peer reviews, i'll read those too when i get a chance.

i should also point out that there are people who also discount the effects of beta-blockers, aspirin or tpa during a myocardial infarction (heart attack) and even the efficacy of automated external defibrillators.....sometimes people are too set in their ways to look at things with a clear mind that you have to do when looking at research. Skepticism is good but personal bias can be bad.....and this always occurs on both sides of arguments