Should I hook up with my "straight" best friend?

DAVE08114

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@Jarren.Anthony

Don’t overthink it, and just do what feels natural - and worst case you clearly have a group of people here who are happy to let you vent
Doing what feels natural to you doesn't take into account the other person.
That's a recipe for disaster if you don't calculate the possible responses.
By all means do what's natural-whatever that is-if you are willing to risk the whole thing going pear shaped and losing the friendship.
Again, though, I think OP decided to let sleeping dogs lie and move on.

Reactions: kev2001 and MisterB

animatedude

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
By all means do what's natural-whatever that is-if you are willing to risk the whole thing going pear shaped and losing the friendship.
you are super negative and project too much

irishitalian95

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Are they running the outcome of this as a promo on DraftKings?

You seem VERY invested in making sure it doesn’t happen lol. If you want to vocalize every and any potential negative outcome that is fine and you are totally entitled to your opinion, but no need to rebut every single person trying to offer some positive sentiment to the kid.

There is a difference between insight and arrogance, and I think we all forget that sometimes.

OP - Do your thing and I’m always happy to talk if you need anything

All love from my end! Cheers

MIABORI

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ok i will share n say this. One of the most hardest things a vast majority of people struggle with. Especially in the LGBTQ community is that doing something we want cause of an urge or a need with pure intention. The only way to achieve an outcome is by being a void of emotion temporarily. However, when it involves a second person it becomes an unknown factor. Sure alcohol can numb and lower peoples moral, or what ever other entity lies the beneith the surface of the situation at hand. You can make a plan on a topic for conversation. (Not with the intention of trickery but open honesty.) Do something different like go skinny dipping. If he does something that makes u hard u can excuse yourself n go to the bathroom. If u have to situate yourself in whatever fassion to relieve the tention weather it be physical or emotional (over hyped anxiety) then do that. He will respond while u r absent cause he might call to you or try looking for you. Or he could even jerk himself off by the pool while ur absent. No one can predict scenarios when it comes to people. In nature yes. Nature is easy to study but prople are complex filled with emotion and insecurities. Maybe talk about those n share those things with him. Have him open up?

a_a_w

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay so here's the sitch guys...

My best friend (let's call him Adam) has always been giving me confusing signals. We've known each other for 2 years so far and we get along great. Like, really great. Our personalities are completely the same. He's one of the best looking guys I've ever met, but he's straight. There's never been an issue or embarrassment for him that his best friends gay, and I've always loved that about him and his confidence. A jock and a gay guy being best friends can obviously be considered "incompatible" in societies perspective. The thing though is that starting 3 months ago, when we would hang out at his place or mine, and we would start drinking together, his personality almost does a 180. He always get very touchy, he's pulled my face in and kissed me a bunch of times randomly (because he thinks it's funny), he's wiped out his dick a couple times out of now where (soft), he always starts complimenting me on how good looking I am, and then when we finally good to bed, he loves to cuddle with me. (Like, he pulls me in hard) When we lay together though he never gets hard at all or even a chub, so it kind of seems to me he really just likes the comfort of it and connection.

I've never initiated anything myself though and have always just gone along for the ride because I never want him to feel uncomfortable since he identifies as straight. He also says when we're drunk that he'd never do anything like this with anyone else except me because he feels so comfortable around me. When we're sober though, we never talk a peep about it. Like, not one word. Kind of like it never happened in the first place, but then when we drink again together, it's back on.

I'm moving back to LA next month because my lease is up and I'm bored with Palm Springs, so that means I'm not going to be hanging out with him all the time anymore and probably wont be seeing him for a good while unless he comes to LA to hang out. I'm staying with him for my last two nights here in Palm Springs, and then I'm gone.

My main question or thought that I need input on, is if we start drinking, should I go for it and initiate something my last night here? I'm scared as hell to do so and have it go south, but then again I wont be hanging out with him anymore so I wouldn't have to worry about it being awkward afterwards if it does goes bad. But what if it goes good? I've always wanted to hook up with him, like...bad, but I didn't want to lose my best friend here if it didn't go well. I keep going back and forth and I don't have anyone to run it by except the people in our friend group, which I'd never do. But since I know you guys might be able to relate or have some good input to add, I figured I'd try and ask for help here

Thanks guys!
(Please be kind in the comments)

If it was me I wouldn't wait until the last couple days. If you 2 were drinking and say things went the way you want and say it turns out that he loves it, would you still want to move to LA? Think of it this way, you 2 obviously love each other a great deal, but you're moving away, how often do you honestly think you're going to see each other after you move? If things turn out that he's into you, would you still move to LA or would find a place there or move in with him? How would you feel if you found out years later that he was really in love with you, but he was afraid to start anything? What's the worse that will happen if you tell him that and he's really not interested in you that way? My guess is he wouldn't pull his dick out anymore, he wouldn't kiss you anymore and wouldn't cuddle with you anymore, but the rest will likely stay the same. Another thing to think about, if you were him ( straight and not interested) and you were doing things that was turning your best friend on, would you want him to tell you so you could stop or would you want him to not say anything and suffer with blue balls because of something you do? Or if you were him (straight but curious and wanting to try, but scared) and you were doing things that was turning your best friend on (you know it is, that's why you do it), would you want him to tell you so you can continue so he does something?

What I would do is have him over for the night, start drinking and the first time he kisses you I would tell him the next time he does that, that you will kiss him back with tongue. If he's interested he will kiss you again and if he does kiss him back with tongue.

The next time he pulls his dick out I would tell him the next time he pulls his dick out that you're going to grab it and suck it. If he pulls it out again then he's telling you to go a head and suck it, so suck it.

When you go to bed if he pulls you tight and cuddles you, I would tell him that he's turning you on and that you're going to start feeling him up. If he doesn't release you and put a little space between you 2, then slowly slide your hand down his chest, down his stomach and slowly slid your hand onto his dick. If he doesn't stop you before you get to his dick then he's telling you to go a head.

I've been in a similar situation as you. My best friend always said he was 100% straight but he would always show me his dick, he would always grab my ass and lots of nights he would crawl into my bed and cuddle with me all night, some nights he would put his head on my chest and other nights I would put my head on his chest. When we were cuddling I would always get hard and he was always completely soft. I got tired of the blue balls, so I told him that he was always turning me on and the next time he showed me his dick that I was going to grab it and suck it, I told him the next time he grabbed my ass that I would going to grab his dick and I told him the next time we cuddled that I was going to take that as an invitation to fell him up, suck his dick and whatever else happens, happens. With in a couple hours of telling him that he pulled his dick out, so I grabbed it and started stroking it, he didn't pull away and didn't tell me to stop, I ended up sucking him dry. That night he crawled into my bed, laid on his back and pulled me over to him. So I started to rub his chest, then his stomach then I grabbed his dick, pulled his underwear down, started sucking him, then I started lightly fingering his ass, next thing you know I was fucking him. We ended up dating for the next 6 years, 5 1/2 of those years were amazing, the last 6 months were pure hell until I left him. His little brother outed him to his stepfather who was a major homophobe and told him as long as he was with me that he wouldn't be in his life.

justalex

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If it was me I wouldn't wait until the last couple days. If you 2 were drinking and say things went the way you want and say it turns out that he loves it, would you still want to move to LA? Think of it this way, you 2 obviously love each other a great deal, but you're moving away, how often do you honestly think you're going to see each other after you move? If things turn out that he's into you, would you still move to LA or would find a place there or move in with him? How would you feel if you found out years later that he was really in love with you, but he was afraid to start anything? What's the worse that will happen if you tell him that and he's really not interested in you that way? My guess is he wouldn't pull his dick out anymore, he wouldn't kiss you anymore and wouldn't cuddle with you anymore, but the rest will likely stay the same. Another thing to think about, if you were him ( straight and not interested) and you were doing things that was turning your best friend on, would you want him to tell you so you could stop or would you want him to not say anything and suffer with blue balls because of something you do? Or if you were him (straight but curious and wanting to try, but scared) and you were doing things that was turning your best friend on (you know it is, that's why you do it), would you want him to tell you so you can continue so he does something?

What I would do is have him over for the night, start drinking and the first time he kisses you I would tell him the next time he does that, that you will kiss him back with tongue. If he's interested he will kiss you again and if he does kiss him back with tongue.

The next time he pulls his dick out I would tell him the next time he pulls his dick out that you're going to grab it and suck it. If he pulls it out again then he's telling you to go a head and suck it, so suck it.

When you go to bed if he pulls you tight and cuddles you, I would tell him that he's turning you on and that you're going to start feeling him up. If he doesn't release you and put a little space between you 2, then slowly slide your hand down his chest, down his stomach and slowly slid your hand onto his dick. If he doesn't stop you before you get to his dick then he's telling you to go a head.

I've been in a similar situation as you. My best friend always said he was 100% straight but he would always show me his dick, he would always grab my ass and lots of nights he would crawl into my bed and cuddle with me all night, some nights he would put his head on my chest and other nights I would put my head on his chest. When we were cuddling I would always get hard and he was always completely soft. I got tired of the blue balls, so I told him that he was always turning me on and the next time he showed me his dick that I was going to grab it and suck it, I told him the next time he grabbed my ass that I would going to grab his dick and I told him the next time we cuddled that I was going to take that as an invitation to fell him up, suck his dick and whatever else happens, happens. With in a couple hours of telling him that he pulled his dick out, so I grabbed it and started stroking it, he didn't pull away and didn't tell me to stop, I ended up sucking him dry. That night he crawled into my bed, laid on his back and pulled me over to him. So I started to rub his chest, then his stomach then I grabbed his dick, pulled his underwear down, started sucking him, then I started lightly fingering his ass, next thing you know I was fucking him. We ended up dating for the next 6 years, 5 1/2 of those years were amazing, the last 6 months were pure hell until I left him. His little brother outed him to his stepfather who was a major homophobe and told him as long as he was with me that he wouldn't be in his life.

Damnnnn, hopefully you guys can find a way again? I had guys make move on me mainly when sharing a bed at a party, definitely been a few surprises with straight guys, only regret is wish we did more to explore! But I guess it was that fear of consequences....

Reactions: IRINNN and kev2001

MIABORI

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Ouch

Reactions: kev2001

mattto

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

Very good written! You share the same idea as I have too. I haven't understood why some guys try to paint such a drama of it. If he goes slow, both have time to stop without loosing face or anything else. Looks like the guy is interested, but doesn't dare to take the next step, exactly like you describe too. :)

AllDixNeedLuv69

Superior Member
Media
Huntington (West Virginia, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Straight bros can be very affectionate with each other. Hugging and being playful, even naked or in a homoerotic way are pretty common among jock types. That doesn't mean he's gay or bi at all. It just means he sees you as as his bro, as one of the guys. Personally I wouldn't recommend trying to initiate anything more unless you're willing to possibly ruin your friendship. (I doubt he'd drop you altogether, but if you make him feel uncomfortable you might just grow apart)

Just think of it this way: if he is bi or interested in experimenting, and he's interested in doing that with you, he will try to initiate. If that happens you can just be completely receptive to it and see where it goes. The upside of this approach is that you'll feel great if it actually does happen - you won't have to worry about feeling you 'tricked' him or if you did something bad that damaged the relationship.
this is 100 percent true--its like a bunch of guys in the locker room and showers being naked and not hiding anything because they are happy with their sexuality but dont mind if others look.not to mention they goof off snapping each other with towels or smack each others asses--this doesnt make them gay or even curious-they just like having fun....he could be opposite not want you near him dont touch him and stuff because you are gay--i have seen guys like this--

i have a straight friend that when sober or drinking i would tell him i wont do anything with him until he says its ok to do so--one night he took his pants and underwear and he gets in my face with his dick rubbing it on my face and lips and in process he got hard-- then he turns around spreads his cheeks apart and i see his asshole saying what would i like to do with this--- then he went back to my face with his hard on---i asked him if he was telling me i can suck it--he said no he isnt-- and i didnt suck on it--as sex with a person that says yes is alot more fun than taking a quick suck just to have him pull it out of my mouth---

sex and friendship isnt a game--friendship should always be stronger than the urge for you to want to suck his dick just so you can say you did it--and i dont think ruining a friendship is worth it--even if you are moving ---when get to new place you have him to tlk to when you are alone until you get new friends there..

ManchesterTom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I would avoid doing anything that could fracture your friendship.

Best friends are to be treasured and valued forever. Having an intimate once off something could change something between you that you probably don't want changed.

I have a best friend where the friendship has lasted 40 years. I know that anything physical between us will have gone against his moral / sexual compass and that would have damaged the friendship in significant ways.

Reactions: kev2001

Kanashi

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
So yup, my case is close. Nothing's happenings. I know that'll disappoint some of you, but I feel confident about it. Thanks again guys!
the OP already said he's not going to do anything with the guy.

Jarren.Anthony

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hey guys! I’m so sorry I left all of you hanging. I just finished up my move back to Los Angeles so there’s been a lot going on, especially for the preparation. I really appreciate everyone’s comments and advice about what I posted, and there was so much to consider going into it. As you know, New Year’s just passed and I know for damn sure some of you have been on the edge of your seats, lol. So here’s what happened…

We obviously spent New Year’s Eve together, and he kept repeating all day how excited he was that it was just going to be us. We ended up BBQ’ing some filets, and then of course since it was New Year’s, we started drinking as well. After two drink’s he started getting touchy like usual. We both really wanted to watch the NYE countdown events so we ended up throwing them on and chilled on the couch. He wanted to hold my hand as we watched, which at this point in our friendship is nothing, and then he laid on me and wanted to cuddle for a second. When we got up to get our third drink, he said something that definitely threw me off. He asked “what’s the different between a circumcised dick and an uncircumcised dick?”. I stood there in shock for a second and then explained it to him. I was surprised at first he didn’t know the difference, but then because he perfectly fits the stereotype of a jock, I sort of understood how something of that nature can be out of his education range. I even ended up referring to our dicks because of the circumcision scars we have. At this point he was still confused so he said, “wait, what do you mean the scar line?”. So I ended up whipping out my dick to show him, and really tried to educate him on the difference. He unzipped his pants and pulled out his cock too to examine, but I was surprised to see he had a full on chub going on.

Like I’ve said, we’ve totally seen each others cocks before, but never have I seen him whip it out with a full on chub. I got a little nervous because the sight of his cock thickened up more than usual started to turn me on, and I noticed mine was starting to fill up more too. I watched him as he stroked the scar on his cock, and then he said, “I definitely see what you mean now. I can even sort of feel it”. Without hesitation, he looked at my cock and said, “can you feel yours?” and then reached out to feel. At this point no matter how much I tried thinking of something to turn me off, it wouldn’t work. As he was feeling the scar on my dick it started to fill up more and it was definitely noticeable. I immediately apologized because of how embarrassed I was, but he just laughed it off and kept feeling it. There was a short moment of silence but he broke it by saying, “I’ve never touched someone else’s dick before. It’s so weird, especially because of how hard it is now. Do you cum a lot?”. Because I was still slightly embarrassed, I decided to try to break it with some humor and replied, “well if you keep touching it so much you’re about to find out”. He broke eye contact from my dick and looked up at me with a look of complete shock. Sort of like I said something terrible. He quickly took his hand off of my dick and just said, “really?”. And I was like, “well yeah duh. That how it works bro”. He stood there for a second and then looked away. His face looked like he was stuck with a question on a math quiz. I started to put my cock back in my pants but then he looked back at me and asked, “can I see?”.

I honestly had no clue what to even say. I kind of froze midway stuffing my dick back in my underwear and looked at the floor. There was a part of me that didn’t even really understand the request. He must of seen that I was sort of puzzled because he ended up laughing and said, “I’m just kidding bro”. I looked back up and saw him standing there smiling at his “joke” with his cock still hanging outside of his pants and said, “I’m down if you want to see?”. His face got serious again and it was silent for a second so I decided to follow it up by saying, “can we sit on the couch though? I’m not much or a stander…”. Without saying anything, he started walking over to the couch and I followed behind him. My heart started racing really fast and I actually started to get a bit nervous. He took a seat and at that point I sort of hesitated because I didn’t know if he wanted me to sit right next to him, or if I should give us some space in-between. So I stayed on the safe side and ended up sitting far enough that another person would be able to fit in-between us. He looked at me a little surprised and said, “I mean, I can’t really see much if you’re going to sit so far away”. (Even though I was literally 4 feet away) So I smiled and scooched over and apologized. I lifted my hips off the couch so I could pull my pants down, but when I sat back down with my cock out, I wasn’t hard anymore. I wasn’t soft, but my dick was laying in-between my thighs chubbed up. He smiled as he looked and said, “stage fright?”. I smiled nervously and replied, “I just wasn’t prepared to do a solo production tonight”. We both laughed as I started stroking my cock to get it hard again. I brought my hand up to my mouth and spit on it so I could get my dick a little wet. We both got quiet and when I looked back up at him, his face seemed so mesmerized as I just sat there and played with myself. His hands were in his lap and his dick was still flopped out of his pants just laying there chubbed up. I could feel the blood rushing to my cock as it started getting thicker in my hand, and when he gazed back up at me, he caught me staring at his dick too. I turned my head back to staring at my own, and I was so hard that I could see my pulse making it thump. I took my other hand, put it up my shirt, and started rubbing my chest a little as my breath got louder. After some seconds went by he spoke up and said, “it would probably be easier for you bro if you just took your shirt off”. I looked up at him and laughed a little and said, “you know you’re probably right dude”. He ended up leaning over and said, “I should probably help you out since you have spit on hand”. We both laughed again as he helped pull my shirt over my head. He threw it over on the floor as I continued to feel myself up.

I knew in this moment that if I were to ever speak up, it would have to be now. I thought about what some of you guys said, and put it into play. I looked back over at him with my breath still heavy and said, “are you just going to sit there at stare? Or are you going to help me out?”. He looked up at me and I could see that he was hesitant. It was quiet for a second and I started to second guess my question, but then he replied, “I’m not too sure what to do. I’ve never done this before”. I kind of smiled at him and said, “It’s exactly like doing what you do to yourself, but on a different person. Just copy me”.

We sat there quiet again and I could tell he looked hesitant, but then he put his hand up to his mouth and spit in it like I did. He reached out slowly and I took my hand off so he could put his on. He rubbed his spit all over the head of my cock and slowly started stroking up and down. If it weren’t for having some alcohol in me, I would’ve came right then and there. His hand was so warm and he started stroking me the same way I was. When I looked over at his face, he seemed so concentrated and still looked a bit nervous like he wasn’t doing it correctly. My breath kept getting louder and louder as he stroked, and I could tell that loosened him up and reassured him that he was doing a good job. (Which he definitely was) He started going faster, and then slower, and then faster again. The more he got into it, the closer his face kept getting near my cock, and the sight of that alone made my dick pulse so hard. He looked back up at me and whispered, “do I make you want to cum Jarren?”. I started breathing so much heavier, and I could feel my body start shaking. I leaned my head back and whispered, “do you want me to cum for you Adam?”, and he whispered back, “I want you to cum for me Jarren”. My heart was beating so fast that I could hear it in my ears. I could feel the sweat from my forehead start dripping down as my body tensed up. I started lifting my hips on and off the couch and fucking his hand as he kept stroking. All of a sudden I could feel pump after pump of my cum shooting out as my head was laid back. I hadn’t jerked off for about a week so it was pump after pump of pure ecstasy. Once he saw that I was done, he slowed down and milked the rest of it out. I was so out of breath and coming down from the high that I couldn’t even form one word. I looked at him as he smiled and just said, “damn bro”. He smiled back at me and said, “that was so awesome dude…let me go get you a towel”. So he stood up, put his dick back in his pants, and went over to go grab me one so I could clean up. I couldn’t stop smiling and when he came back I decided to make a joke and said, “thanks man. So how much do I owe you?”. We both started laughing, cleaned up, and went over to take another shot. He raised his shot glass and said, “Happy New Years dude!”, and then we continued our night and watched the ball drop. I ended up falling asleep on the couch but he woke me up and dragged me over to his bed so we could lay together.

I could’ve never predicted that that was the situation that was going to go down. There’s definitely a part of me that’s bummed that I didn’t get the chance to interact with him, but I’m definitely not complaining. I was going to go into the night like I said I was, and just hang out with him the same way we always do, so this definitely threw me off. I still can’t stop thinking about it, and I’m really glad nothing was ever awkward afterwards. We just went on like normal and had a great time.

So yeah, that was my New Years Eve guys! I’m sorry this was so long but I felt like I was obligated to report back. The next day was really fun. Since it was our last day we went to see a movie and then he had me get dressed up because he was taking me out to dinner. That night we just laid in bed together afterwards and talked for hours until we fell asleep, and then the next morning was moving day. You guys have been amazing and I really appreciate everything you all had to say. Well, most of you. There was some old dudes who got kind of weird in the thread, which was definitely uncalled for, but most of you were dope, so thank you! I really hope all of you had a great New Year’s Eve too :blush: