Should I quit my job?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just called out sick. I called out sick on Thursday and have off Fri., Sat. and Sun. Someone else called out sick too. Tomorrow is Martin Luther King day so they may not be too busy. Anyway if I do get fired it will be fine.

B_bobs3304

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who doesn't have emotional issues? I just get winter depression, and I hate my job. I saved up enough to pay rent here for a few months and live in Florida for a year without having to work.

No, not everyone has emotional issues. Some have it so bad it clouds their judgement.

A couple of months should be enough.

You didn't answer why you hate your job other than the hours. Or is that just it bud?

vanillaSpice

Just Browsing
Media
If you are that miserable, then quit since you have the funds. But it is always wise to have another job lined up before you do. Eventually the funds run out :)

I;d let you borrow my money tree, but someone stole it shortly after it started blooming. :D

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, not everyone has emotional issues. Some have it so bad it clouds their judgement.

A couple of months should be enough.

You didn't answer why you hate your job other than the hours. Or is that just it bud?

The hours are horrible. I work 12 hours, leave at 5:30 A.M. and don't get home until 7 P.M. I have to be asleep by 9 to get enough sleep for the next day.

The pay is not good. My boss is a lazy pot head that does not want to do any advertising or anything to improve our working situation or pay. He is very disrespectful to all of his employees. Only talks to us to complain and yell at us.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
exactly! i did that when I made the move from buffalo. 3rd time was a charm. Had a job been here ever since. Now I have my eyes on Hermosa Beach

I am gonna wing it when I get down there. Live in a Motel for a week and start looking for a cheap apartment. I don't need much. Right now I live in a big city in NJ and the place in kind of a dump. I cant' do much worse.

B_bobs3304

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The hours are horrible. I work 12 hours, leave at 5:30 A.M. and don't get home until 7 P.M. I have to be asleep by 9 to get enough sleep for the next day.

The pay is not good. My boss is a lazy pot head that does not want to do any advertising or anything to improve our working situation or pay. He is very disrespectful to all of his employees. Only talks to us to complain and yell at us.

Sounds like you need to call HR and stop complaining about this to random strangers on the internet. MAN UP man. Do what you gotta do.

If you need advice on this, consult a company lawyer, or your boss's boss, or like I said, an HR person.

Otherwise just quit.

Hope that helped.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sounds like you need to call HR and stop complaining about this to random strangers on the internet. MAN UP man. Do what you gotta do.

If you need advice on this, consult a company lawyer, or your boss's boss, or like I said, an HR person.

Otherwise just quit.

Hope that helped.

There is no HR. the lazy pothead is the owner. I think just quitting is the best advice.

B_bobs3304

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sounds like you already made up your own mind.

course if i were you, i'd throw in a quick insult rant, and a call to the bbb.

but do what you will.

mind7

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You already supplied your own answer. If you have evaluated your feelings about your current job and it really makes you crawl out of bed to get there and you are miserable the entire time, get out. That easy really. If what you do now is something you want to do for a living but it is the company that is driving you nuts, leave. Bound to be a company in Florida that is better.

Now if you just don't like working period and want to bum around for a bit, do it. You'll grow bored of not working and when you are you'll find a job that you don't mind.

Of course all of that applies if you are single. If you have a family or responsibilities that tie you to NJ, then questioning doing anything like that is just mad. I don't think that is your case though.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree with the last few posters: You've already made up your mind. You're just seeking some outside feedback to make the final-final step. Been there, done that, etc.

So get off your fucking ass and do something about it. But a word of warning: Florida won't get rid of your problems. You'll just drag them with you. Once you're clear why you wanna cut 'n run, then the easier the move (or not move) will be.

And sometimes running away is not a bad thing. Good luck and let us know what happens!

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I say quit!

And if you have the money to move and stay afloat for a year, why not ALSO use the time to get into a completely different line of work. Something you actually enjoy.

Maybe you already know what this would be, but in case you don't, here are some things to think about to help figure out how to align WORK with your innate talents.

(The following questions were developed by a fellow called Jim Stovall)

1. What activities cause you to be excited and energized?

2. What activities tend to make you become tired and worn out?

3. What passions in your life are you proud to share with others?

4. What do you want to be known for?

5. If you had to pursue one course to make a difference in this world, what would be it?

Then, once the above q's are answered, make some lists:

A) What are my greatest talents?

B) What do others say I'm good at (Your true gifts will be more apparent to others.)

C) What have my unique life experiences prepared me to do?

D) What do I love to do so much that I would do it for free? Why? (The why is very important. It will give you clues to your driving force.)

E) What activities give me satisfaction. Why?

The trick is to find something you enjoy doing that you have talent at -- then you have to get a bright idea to figure out make money at doing what you like to do.

(If you want more information on it, you can see the DVD "Pass it On") (You can google that. I think they have a trailer) (I'm not a salesman for it. I know some of the producers, and I think it's a useful video)

SandraSmithCarver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am very unhappy there. I work 4 days a week, 12 or 13 hours a day. I called out sick on Thursday, and dread going in tomorrow.

I am afraid to quit, but I think I should.

What I want to do is move to Florida. I have an apartment and would have to give two months notice, but that is fine because it will take me two months (of not working) to get my shit together. Donate things and throw things away and set up a Uhaul trailer.

I am just not prepared to give notice in 10 days that I am leaving the apartment in two months.

I do have money that I can live on from money that I saved before I moved out of my parents house (many moons ago). In fact I can (retire) bum around for one year when I do move to Florida.

HELL YEH

If you hate it, leave!

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is lining up a job by internet a possibility? Most everybody I know who has changed jobs, even 14 years ago, has done so.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I say quit!

And if you have the money to move and stay afloat for a year, why not ALSO use the time to get into a completely different line of work. Something you actually enjoy.

Maybe you already know what this would be, but in case you don't, here are some things to think about to help figure out how to align WORK with your innate talents.

(The following questions were developed by a fellow called Jim Stovall)

1. What activities cause you to be excited and energized?

2. What activities tend to make you become tired and worn out?

3. What passions in your life are you proud to share with others?

4. What do you want to be known for?

5. If you had to pursue one course to make a difference in this world, what would be it?

Then, once the above q's are answered, make some lists:

A) What are my greatest talents?

B) What do others say I'm good at (Your true gifts will be more apparent to others.)

C) What have my unique life experiences prepared me to do?

D) What do I love to do so much that I would do it for free? Why? (The why is very important. It will give you clues to your driving force.)

E) What activities give me satisfaction. Why?

The trick is to find something you enjoy doing that you have talent at -- then you have to get a bright idea to figure out make money at doing what you like to do.

(If you want more information on it, you can see the DVD "Pass it On") (You can google that. I think they have a trailer) (I'm not a salesman for it. I know some of the producers, and I think it's a useful video)

I should be a prostitute, then. :biggrin1: j/k

Actually, I'm wondering if I'd chosen the wrong field of work, but after talking to other people in the IT field, I just think it's a difficult field... Everyone I've talked to in IT has had similar difficulties to mine.

But to Mem... actually, I do think a change in location can make a difference. I'd lived in Indiana all my life up until two years ago, and I much prefer it here - I'm the same way about cold weather! (although we've had a bit of a cold snap - for San Antonio - the past few days). I also prefer the culture here - much more social and fun. From my experience in Indiana, people there were more reserved and kept to their own little groups, not really letting new people into their circles, but here they are friendlier and let new people in. I'd be careful to save as much of that money as possible though, and try to find another job as soon as you get to the new place.