Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
TANNING LOTION, not Tanning Beds...

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but if i ask my husband he'll just say "Do whatever you want"

I dont want to look silly and all. I have some gradual tanning lotion stuff i bought and i'm debating whether or not to use it. I can't tan in a tanning bed or else i get this severe UV reaction. I'll be swimming a lot this summer and i don't want to be blinding everyone with my skin.

Do you think i will look silly with a little bronzer with red hair?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
NOOOOOO
You will spoil that beautiful, flawless, creamy skin.
You wil get red and then peel and be white again.
You'll get wrinkles and look old.
Don't do it.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
NOOOOOO
You will spoil that beautiful, flawless, creamy skin.
You wil get red and then peel and be white again.
You'll get wrinkles and look old.
Don't do it.

I wont be tanning with UV, just tanning lotion. Knowing my luck it wouldnt look any different in photos because i'll just get close to a normal shade of white girl.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I would be very sad if you did anything to your skin.:frown1:

So do you feel comfortable swimming with your whiteness reflecting like foil at everyone?

I know you don't want to be the only very pale one here at lpsg, but i wont be like fake baked or anything.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:rofl: You know I love you girlfriend; but I have to laugh. This is about the silliest thing you white people obsess about. The fact of the matter is even though tanning can cause melanoma, y'all look better with some color on ya.

Ever notice how the organic chickens look so pinky-white in the supermarket. That's because they haven't been shot up with yellow dye. They may be healthier but it takes some getting used to if you're used to one of the national brands that injects color into the meat so that it is more visually appealing.

When I see white people in the heart of summer who have clearly gone out of their way NOT to get a tan I wonder what's wrong with them. :confused: Seriously, I'm not saying to mix up the baby oil and iodine and go outside and bake like folks did in the 1970's. Skin with some color to it just looks better.

If you are alabaster white, and plan to expose vast amounts of skin in public then you need to get a tan so people won't think you are sickly.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
So do you feel comfortable swimming with your whiteness reflecting like foil at everyone?

I know you don't want to be the only very pale one here at lpsg, but i wont be like fake baked or anything.

That's why I don't swim, although I do have a pool.:rolleyes:

I look better tan because I don't have angelic doll skin like you.

But hey, you wanna come swim at my house?:smile:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
The sad thing is that i wear tank tops and short shorts every damn day, i spend a lot of time walking the dogs in the summer and somehow i manage to not even look like i go outside. Sure i'm a night person and do a lot at night but i like to feel the sun on my skin. I just can't stay out there all day without getting burned. I look like wear thermals out in the summer with the pinky chicken shade (ha ha NJ) i got going on.

I just wanted to make sure i wouldnt look like a complete tool with any other shade of skin with my hair. I'm sporting like a shade darker than my winter coat as we speak, you just cant tell on photos because i'm still like 8 shades lighter than normal people. ;)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why not just get a tan while swimming? Kind of unavoidable isn't it?
Not exactly. Depends on your natural skin tone, MR is a natural redhead. If she is anything like my ex-bf who was a strawberry blonde of Irish and French Hugenot ancestry she will almost never tan. My ex-bf would burn, peel, then freckle. The only time he appeared to have a tan was when he got so many freckles they appeared to touch in places. :tongue::biggrin1:

FWIW- Yes, black people do tan and we can get sunburns. I never go out with less than an SPF of 30, preferably SPF 50. If I am out in the sun with no skin protection for more than 30-40 minutes I don't just get darker. I will burn, blister, then peel. :12: :frown1: Fortunately, I haven't had this happen since 1994 which is the last year which I lifeguarded.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Avoid the sun and go to a salon that offers a spray-on body tan. They look just as real as if you'd baked all summer on the beach, and wear off slowly, just like a real tan. Biggest virtue is there is no risk of skin cancer. However, if you hang out at the beach or suntan by a pool after getting a spray-on tan you'll burn in about 5 seconds. So, be careful and take care of your skin. It will thank you when you are older.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Not exactly. Depends on your natural skin tone, MR is a natural redhead. If she is anything like my ex-bf who was a strawberry blonde of Irish and French Hugenot ancestry she will almost never tan. My ex-bf would burn, peel, then freckle. The only time he appeared to have a tan was when he got so many freckles they appeared to touch in places. :tongue::biggrin1:

FWIW- Yes, black people do tan and we can get sunburns. I never go out with less than an SPF of 30, preferably SPF 50. If I am out in the sun with no skin protection for more than 30-40 minutes I don't just get darker. I will burn, blister, then peel. :12: :frown1: Fortunately, I haven't had this happen since 1994 which is the last year which I lifeguarded.

Isnt it strange how white people want to be dark and there was a time when black people wanted to be lighter? It's always backwards like that isnt it?

i will get this lotion out and see how things go and take some photos. It will take a couple of weeks for it to show up anyway. The good thing is that tanning lotions have gotten much better than they used to be because i don't want to have a funky Dione Warwick look when she would sport some funky red hair colors.

And you are right, when we burn we freckle. My shoulders are freckled from some bad burns in my childhood.