Should Karl Rove Be Fired?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MisterMark, Jul 11, 2005.

1. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    while I'm no longer really qualified to add my signature to the petition, I said that that conniving little slimeball was trouble 5 friggin years ago. drag his treacherous ass through the streets of DC until he looks like a side of beef, I say.

3. jonb

Gold Member

He should be, but no one gives two shits about online petitions.

4. madame_zora

Gold Member

Yeah, but Rove certainly put the "douche" in this administration.

5. KinkGuy

Gold Member

But, just who is going to fire him? There will be no congressional investigation because, well let’s see.......who controls all three branches of the government? Anyone who runs counter to the "neo" line................is destroyed, slandered and banished to waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy outside the beltway.

For shit's sake, you can "out" a CIA undercover agent for political gain and, oh well. It wasn't, exactly, by narrow definition and interpretation, "illegal" because the honorable Mr Rove doesn't have a high level security clearance. Not that big a deal...........pales in comparison to lying about a knob job in the oval office, now doesn't it?

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Mr. Mark, I do not think Rove should be fired. My reasoning?

Last I heard, we are currently at war. (Iraq?)
    Last I heard, the CIA is our first line in defense of national security.
    Seems to me that revealing the identity of a covert CIA operative should be considered to be treason.
    Last I heard, an act of treason, and punishment for an act of treason during time of war is specifically addressed in the US Constitution.

If I remember correctly, gwbush SWORE UNDER OATH in his oath of office to uphold the Constitution, and to protect our country from all enemies foreign and domestic (traitors.)

Mr. Rove is such an idiot... "I did not reveal the identity of that agent, I never mentioned her name. I simply referred to her as 'the wife of Mr. Joseph C. Wilson IV."

So, where does this leave us? Should Karl Rove not be tried for treason?

7. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think DC_DEEP is saying that treason makes one "eligible" for the death penalty. :wow:

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

}(
    I'm just saying it's time for gw to put his (big) money where his (big) mouth is. I think he knew more than he claimed to know, long before he claimed to know it.

Now he is in a position where, if he does anything to protect his traitor bud, then he himself is guilty of lying under oath at least, treason possibly.

Will rove be subject to the same criteria that I would, if I had revealed an operative under similar circumstances? Not bloody likely.

9. Dr Rock

Gold Member

technically, there's no ambiguity about that (whether you think it's fair is of course another matter entirely). the little shit's actually gotta be tried and found guilty of treason before he gets to meet the Magic Needle, though, and we know THAT ain't gonna happen.

since politicians are incapable of feeling shame, I think it'd be much more just to strip him of all that power and wealth he's spent his entire life hoarding, and force him to live without it for the remainder of his natural span.

10. dufus

dufus New Member

Today they sentenced WorldCom's Bernard Ebbers to 25 years in prison. Karl Rove should be sent to the slammer for at least twice that long.

11. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

Not only there, Madame -

I remember a newspaper article my lady friend showed to me last year, dealing with the activities of Rove or "boy genius", as he's called by his master. He didn't only put Dubbleyoo in office, but in nearly every political function he's had, and mostly by means that can only be described as shadowy.

Bush was running for Texas State Governor's office against Ann Richardson, who had higher ratings than him, until someone used the fact that she was living single and spread a rumor about her being a lesbian. Everyone knew that was bullshit, but the pure rumor kicked her out and cleared the way for Bush.

I think he should be fired - but let's be real, why should Bush fire his political bulldozer?

Bruce

12. madame_zora

Gold Member

Well, you know, bankrupting companies can get so tedious after a while, ol' douche needed to get what appeared to be a real job, even though in Texas his position was largely ceremonial. It's not like he had to actually DO anything with everyone there to do it for him.

I'd like to fire Rove- out of a cannon.

13. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I'm glad I'm not a professional Republican or you'd hate me, too.

Not everybody in the Whitehouse is evil encarnate just as not everybody at LPSG is hung.

I cannot, and I fail to see how others can, pre-judge a man based on suppositions and newspaper op/eds.

No, Mr. Rove should not be fired, nor should he step down. Not until we know for sure should we make our judgement.

In the meantime, please stop stereotyping Bush Republicans.

May I coin a new term?

Republicanphobe.

14. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

Well, when you consider how incompetent Rumsfeld has been, and HE doesn't get fired, it seems unlikely that Rove will. The president values loyalty over just about everything else.

15. jay_too

jay_too New Member

I agree.....when they start acting with common decency and thinking like Republicans. Is that too much to ask?

Jon Stewart "leaked" to the American public that Bush calls him "Turd Blossom." With a name like that, he has gotta stink.

jay

16. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

Republicanphobe - interesting term. I'm no political man - I decide last minute for whom I cast my vote, and it depends on the impression the candidate leaves with me.

As for Rove, his means of campaigning is something I hate - producing dirty laundry from the opponent's past. I mentioned the case of Ann Richardson, and with Kerry, it's been the ominous Veterans Group doubting the justification of Kerry's medals. Both cases show a parallel, since Kerry and Richardson found themselves confronted with baseless accusations. This is pure manipulation, and has nothing to do with useful politics.

Bruce

17. Dr Rock

Gold Member

now THERE'S an interesting oxymoron!

18. madame_zora

Gold Member

Pecker, I don't hate you at all, I actually like you and I do know that you're a Republican! I have posted this many times, and I don't know why it's escaped your attention, but I'll say it again- I dislike what many of the Republicans are DOING, not who they are as human beings. I dislike bush's BEHAVIOR in office, in his post as president. I have a right to hold that opinion, as he governs me as well as you. I dislike Rove's tactics, his track record speaks for itself. If you cannot judge a man's behavior as the measure of his worth, then what do you suggest we use, his words? Don't make me laugh! Now, but judgement, I mean discernment. I neither know nor care about the condition of their spiritual cleanliness nor am I judging the condition of their souls. The filthy politicking is grotesque and I'm tired of it. After enough bricks fall on my head, I have enough sense to get out from under the falling brick zone, and that's what I have done.

Perhaps you should become a professional Republican, other than disagreement on smaller issues, I don't see you as a person who would legislate for personal greed or be tempted by ego. That would be a refreshing change for that particular party and a return to what it is supposed to represent.

19. blackwood

blackwood New Member

-------------

Fired on the day of his arrest for treason during waar time.

MOVEON.COM has the plan also. I signed via them.

blackwood

20. blackwood

blackwood New Member

------

You can also use Fascist, Liars, Double Crossers, ANYONE supporting this political administration ........

SHOULD NOT POST on LPSG.

Very six years of lies, and near 15 years of exporting HATE is enough.

Bottom Line

Go Blow him Pecker!!

blackwood

Draft saved Draft deleted