Should Kerry really be President?

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Last time I checked it was 2006, not 2004.

Our election process across the board is flawed, regardless of political affiliation. It's time to move on and quit living in the past. Instead, we haven't fixed anything with how the voting process is executed or how votes are accounted. That's where our energy and effort should be directed.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
If I remember correctly, the media's panic-stricken headlines during the Carter/Reagan election battle in 1980 claimed it too-close-to-call.

The exit polls agreed. (I, for one, lied to an ABC pollster when I voted!)

Media polls don't choose the president. The Electoral College does.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
If, with all of his money, he wasn't smart enough to lawyer up and successfully contest an election he actually won, then hell no he shouldn't be President.

Too stupid.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
We already knew that the 2000 election was determined not by the people, but by a Republican Supreme Court.

This article is extremely disturbing. If this trend continues, what is the use of even having elections in our country?

Why are we sending soldiers to die in other countries to "develop" democracies when we have abandon the concept here at home?

I'm sure everyone of us is being monitored. My influence is small. I am being left alone. Still, it irks me that I know the government is reading this very post and itentifying exactly where it came from and who I am.

Sure this is a public post. But, should we be PAYING people to read everything and I mean everything on the internet even prvitate material in an attempt to control American politics?

Of course no is the answer. I realize this a a little off the topic. Yet, it isn't. It is a part of the larger picture of a group of people determined to control America and what we do or don't do.

The Roman Empire made a mockery of its original Roman Republic. Sounds like the American Republic is headed down the same path.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Shelby said:
If it gets too bad here there's always France.

The remark of an American heathen cowboy of the new age of pseudo-"patriotism". :rolleyes:

If, with all of his money, he wasn't smart enough to lawyer up and successfully contest an election he actually won, then hell no he shouldn't be President.

Too stupid.

'stupid' to you but gentlemanly to others. The Bush attack machine had already discredited him with their typical modus of needling and belittlement. The man's (Kerry) a gentleman and a statesman.

At least, dear Shelby, the dude fought in a war before be began one....:rolleyes:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Freddie53 said:
I'm sure everyone of us is being monitored. My influence is small. I am being left alone. Still, it irks me that I know the government is reading this very post and itentifying exactly where it came from and who I am.

Sure this is a public post. But, should we be PAYING people to read everything and I mean everything on the internet even prvitate material in an attempt to control American politics?

Absolutely Fred. Beyond that there's a government bill come to light that would seek to access all IP providers to see where we've been surfing where the Internet Provider has to keep all individual records for two years. Try THAT on your harmonica folks!!

Big Brother really is trying to watch Mr. Orwell.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Next up blue staters will nominate the unwinnable Hillary Clinton. Get ready for at least four more years of GOP executive.

Maybe one day a clue will be got but it doesn't look like anytime soon.

btw - I hate the religious side of the GOP but I hate the paternalist aspect of the Dem's even more.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Shelby said:
Next up blue staters will nominate the unwinnable Hillary Clinton. Get ready for at least four more years of GOP executive.

Maybe one day a clue will be got but it doesn't look like anytime soon.

btw - I hate the religious side of the GOP but I hate the paternalist aspect of the Dem's even more.
Six more years of the religous side of the GOP up your ass and your opinion just might change.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Freddie53 said:
Six more years of the religous side of the GOP up your ass and your opinion just might change.

The inability of Repugs not to be able to put themselves in another's shoes never ceases to make me think they're simply not evolved.

My grandfather's expression "Hooray for me and fuck you" comes instantly to mind.

:cool:

Shelby said:
I shouldn't be so hard on the Senator. After all he did marry well.

This sentiment always smacks of envy to me. This is a piece of the 'belittlement' to which I referred earlier.

Shelby, the truth of the matter is that Theresa Heinz Kerry married up. Senator Kerry's mother was from an august line of monied Beacon Hill Bostonians. The Forbes' wrote the fucking book.

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
I, for one, trust Robert F. Kennedy and everything he has to say about Republicans.

Let's review a few examples of the press and their boo-boo's.
  • "Dewey Defeats Truman" is the most famous example of major "oops" that have taken place when media try predicting who wins elections.
  • As Pecker states, reading old Time/Newsweek mags show that Reagan was never given a chance of winning in 1980 was it supposedly a toss-up until right before the actual election.
  • Mondale showed a double-digit lead over Reagan in 84 after the Dem convention.
  • And it's been 46 years, but it's widely know that the Daley machine in Chicago worked it's collective ass off to "make sure" ;) Illinois ended up in the Kennedy column versus Nixon's.
Shenanigans have gone on for a loooong time. That they go on doesn't make them right. To further assume they only go on at the expense of Democrats is pure silliness.

Exit polling should be eliminated, period. The most important election in our country and we purposely influence tens of millions of people's votes by the media's hunger to break a story first. If you want to talk about election rigging, THAT is patently unfair. Doing away with it would makes things better for both Dems and Repubs. That a poll's results were shown (I'M SHOCKED) wrong doesn't mean there is a vast right-wing conspiracy at work behind the scenes making it so.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
RideRocket said:
Last time I checked it was 2006, not 2004.

Our election process across the board is flawed, regardless of political affiliation. It's time to move on and quit living in the past.
yeah, let's just sweep it under the rug with all the other shit, after all there'll be some new reality tv show next week to distract us

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dr. Dilznick said:
Yes. And Salon is about as sympathetic to the Democrats as it gets. :confused:

Kennedy has done this kind of volley of factoids before on the dangers of childhood immunizations being linked to autism and brain damage.

He's a bit gonzo on winning. He ends up damaging the merits of a credible argument by stooping to gather half truths and wishful thinking as part of the arsenal.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
more conspiracy-theorist whackiness. If anyone actually believes that at the height of last election season John Kerry was considerably more popular than George Bush they obviously have never been more than a few miles away from New York or Washington DC.

....... and this, dear NineInch, you'd consider a "bad thing"?

Popularity should not a president make. Ability ought to.

Most people of thought and consideration with whom I spoke, no matter what their geography, were pro-Kerry during the last elelction. You assume middle America was blanketly pro the war monger. I think that's a bit of a generalization.