Should mem stop posting and take a mental break

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mem, does it not occur to you that when this many people repeatedly make these observations and comments towards you, perhaps there's something worth addressing?

Since you brought up maturity, can I ask whether you are over 18? My spider senses tell me you're not. Just sayin'.

Honestly basketbulge, do you have to act like a two year old because we had a disagreement about a post on a different thread?

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
Of course! The fact that this many people are throwing their ideas out and being attacked for things said in other threads is hillarious. Besides the likelyhood of anything being started against me is slim... I usually dont bite unless prevoked.
Thanks for playing though.

:confused: It's not very clear to me what you mean by "playing". I understand what strategy and tactics means far better than most though, having played at master level in chess tournaments. :cool:

D_smack ash

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it was all in fun at 1st.The polls were a lot.Thats fine.I thought it would be fun to post one on the polls itself.now i am sorry i did it.and sorry for venting on you.But you do have a way of coming unglued if something is said.and this is just a site on the net.its not like your going to see them on the street later.anyway you can accept it or not it was all in fun like this site should be and not like the real fucked up world.that all i have to say

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
it was all in fun at 1st.The polls were a lot.Thats fine.I thought it would be fun to post one on the polls itself.now i am sorry i did it.and sorry for venting on you.But you do have a way of coming unglued if something is said.and this is just a site on the net.its not like your going to see them on the street later.anyway you can accept it or not it was all in fun like this site should be and not like the real fucked up world.that all i have to say

Thanks for the public apology, thickhead.

And to everyone else. I don't hate anyone on here. I have won over or called a truce with people that I have had much worse arguments on here with. If you hate me, so be it.

Goodnight.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe the troll word is used too loosely around here.
I'm 'lately' and do get the feeling I'm included in the 'troll group'.
I can't say I've noticed you posting any "crap" but just in case you get the urge here's a quote from Rob E a few days ago :
"If someone were posting crap just to get their post count up, then they would clearly be trolling and would be banned."

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mem, I admire your pluck. You also seem to be a genuinely good natured person, which is not quite always the case with quite all.

(Now I'm going to open six more accounts, so I can even the poll results, and maybe catch up somewhat with Arliss:biggrin1:)

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Should mem stop posting for a while and take a mental health break

Or should the "bored" members actually pen some threads to showcase as an example of what would be a FUN thread. Yeah, this is the only site where people rehash or restate "Are Black Men Bigger?" threads (SARCASM begins=>which we all know the answer is: "Hell Yeah!!" :rolleyes: )?" It is fun to keep THAT one stewing in people's minds.:rolleyes: <= SARCASM ends.)

Or, do you want some to stop posting because your posting numbers are down and you want to play catch up. Some have posts in the tens of thousands. I don't. I am not Mavis Beacon. I am not a very good typist. So, I can't hang with those machine gun typists. Hehehe.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry - I was trying to respond to the statement by lafever about going back to having fun and another post got there first, so I guess you are misinterpreting my response (?).
Yes - I thought that was your idea of what Rob might call "posting crap"! :biggrin1:

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Crap is in the eye of the beholder.

N-ee-wayz... I think it's pretty interesting that long-time members drone on and on about how bored they are here and how they don't like this or that. Yet I don't see many of these long-time members posting any threads to improve the discussion boards.

And, as one of the gadflies around here (at least on one subject), I find that those who find themselves in a minority position in arguments around here tend to be vilified by long-term members who see themselves as "correct thinking" and in "good standing." Long-term members who complain incessantly about the direction this site is taking without doing anything to improve the quality of the discussion boards by making contributions that would allegedly enliven said discussions look like "trolls" themselves.

I find it funny that people who have honest disagreements with long-term members on this board are vilified and that attempts are made by long-term members to silence these people.

Why can't we just have fun damn it? LOL!

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks for your support wldhoney. I don't think that the OP or the people who voted yes are acting very mature. I think it's the mob mentality. It's also people who I have disagreed on posts with me, trying to get back at me.

It's not "mob mentality" its the fact that people are getting just a tad bit tired of constant polls and threads, 95 is a lot for any member, and your new, slow down and just post in other threads for awhile.

Please.

Agreed.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I haven't read all the replies.

Here's my take - I can ignore mem or the polls if I want to - I do neither.

The question was should mem stop posting [full stop]. No - of course he shouldn't. Not unless he wants to. To quote the beautiful Lex "It's all good!"

Do your thing mem, you could maybe lighten up a bit. But it's a (relatively) free discussion board and I haven't seen you violate the ToS yet.

To everyone else - ease up on the witch hunt. You don't like him, don't read him.

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I haven't read all the replies.

Here's my take - I can ignore mem or the polls if I want to - I do neither.

The question was should mem stop posting [full stop]. No - of course he shouldn't. Not unless he wants to. To quote the beautiful Lex "It's all good!"

Do your thing mem, you could maybe lighten up a bit. But it's a (relatively) free discussion board and I haven't seen you violate the ToS yet.

To everyone else - ease up on the witch hunt. You don't like him, don't read him.

ManlyBanisters, I love you. If I weren't gay I'd be hella after you... :biggrin1:

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
You realy outed yourself as a Shameless Negro. PMing me in private telling how you support me and then be a hypocrite.

You are the king of BAD CORNROWS. Even Venus and Serana wouldn't wear those stupid shells in their hair.

Sorry to everyone if this is addressed earlier in this thread, but I need to respond to this with my initial reaction

Mem, buddy, what are you doing? Are you trying to get banned? I never make other people's business my own, but you are like that kid in High School that never shuts up and everyone ends up talking shit too. I don't think Arliss was necessarily bad mouthing you. As many other people who you respond negatively to don't seem to be doing.

I just can't believe you called him a shameless negro. That is like someone calling me a selfish jew for spending very little money and expecting material goods anyway.
No its not even like that, because shameless negro isn't even a real stereotype.

I am responding because I used to be sort of like you..... in High School. Iwas THAT guy. I got picked on for it. Eventually I realized that not everyone is persecuting me. And when they are, it really doesn't matter, because we are all int he same fucking boat together, and ther eis no reason to trip on what people are saying. Sometimes people ARE just having fun. There is the occasional underlying snideness towards you, but really it shouldn't matter to you. The reason it is ther eis becasue you let it matter. When it stops mattering to you, people will notice and be less snide. And then you will be less on the defense. Everyone wins. Cool?