Should the rest of the world trust the United States?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That may be true but more Americans are conservative Bush supporters.

I'm getting a little tired of the Auschwitz defence.:rolleyes:

lol would you like to hear that we're all a bunch of pseudo-republicans who want everyone to eat mcdonald's and watch nascar??:rolleyes: or is it no fun to talk about america unless you're hearing about the conservative bush supporters?? (i'm curious as to how you've determined that more are, even though his approval ratings have plummated).:rolleyes:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One gets rather tired of hearing the saber rattling coming from Washington.
It will either be about Iran or North Korea.
All one can do is shake their head and wonder how the the devil they could afford to wage another war on another front?
What are they going to do?
Throw rocks and sticks at them?
It is past time to put the old war horse put out to pasture or better still the glue factory.

Nah, Israel is going to take action on the world's behalf. Amen.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if you don't trust the rest of the US, at least trust me when i say not all americans are conservative bush supporters. i can't wait to get his ass out of office in november.

Stacy... for one... "his ass" is out near the end of january

second... and this goes for everyone...

Bush is gone in January... but what are you going to do about a Democrat led Congress whose approval rating is even lower than Bush's?

CockpitJoystick

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i'm pressed to ask, how would you know i speak bad english if you've never heard me speak??
You said in your profile that you speak bad English.

or do you assume that my posting style on a big-dick site is reflective of how i speak when, say, at a jazz bar or writer's convention or a date??
Who was the writer at the "writer's" convention?

sorry but i drop the grammar/punctuation rules and let my hair down when i get on here, didn't know this was a harvard post-grad course, i thought it was a site about big penises.
A writer doesn't defend illiteracy. And the more illiterate an industrialized society is, the more dysfunctional it is.

a perfect representation of my care-free childhood and all the rules i broke, and my life now in reference to the gin lol.
Maybe three things. Or maybe dramatic irony.

i'll betcha twenty dollars you don't know the timing it's supposed to be read in, and if you read it out loud would take away ALL of the culture and rhythm that are implied within the phrasing. *snaps twice*
Just as there is no one way a play should be produced, there is no one way that a poem should be read. When the author reads this one, she emphasizes the caesura of the enjambment. The placement of "we" seven times in terminal position underscores the theme that death is the consequence of the culture of ignorance and self-indulgence. Moreover, the literal centrality of the internal rhyme, the literal frontal marginality of repeated alliteration and assonance, and the literal terminal marginality of "We" reinforce the corporate persona's metaphorical marginality. Similarly, the rhythm of the feminine rhyme scheme following spondaic feet emphasizes the irony of the persona's masculine pose.

I take cash, money orders, and PayPal.

Last edited:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
but what are you going to do about a Democrat led Congress whose approval rating is even lower than Bush's?

Why do you continually trot out that idiotic remark as though nobody here is smart enough to understand the distinction between one man and an entire legislative body?

Last edited:
D

deleted15807

Bush is gone in January... but what are you going to do about a Democrat led Congress whose approval rating is even lower than Bush's?

And the democrats do not have a veto-proof majority in order to get around dumbfuck and his corrupt party. The general public is I'm sure unconscious and unaware of this fact. But the good news is that will all end in November when the Republicans will surely be cast to out to wander the desert for 40 years.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You said in your profile that you speak bad English.

I have Tiorno suits in my closet but I prefer to wear jeans. "Bad english" is my "jeans". If I need to I certainly understand English well enough to speak it properly. Not always doing something doesn't mean you can't or don't know how to or never do.

Who was the writer at the "writer's" convention?

Woops, I caught that, but in my defense I was drinking last night so forgive me for putting it one space to the left.

A writer doesn't defend illiteracy.

Look up illiterate. It's an inability, not a failure to employ. I didn't defend illiteracy because I'm not illiterate.

I take cash, money orders, and PayPal.

As accurate and well-constructed as your post was, it still COMPLETELY ignored that rhythm is a form of communicating ideas. All the things you talked about actually support my idea that there is an intended pattern for the phrasing. Since the OBVIOUS timing of this poem has escaped you, I'll assume you either have two left feet, or even if you have a technical understanding of some form of dance, it's likely you have little to no natural rhythm. 2 out of 3 recordings/readings I've heard of this have been read with similar emphasis and rhythm. Some of them, though from different sources, are entirely similar.

Put your wallet back in your pocket, you haven't earned your money yet. You understand the construction of the WORDS, but are completely blind to the soul in the piece.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
When the author reads this one, she emphasizes the caesura of the enjambment. The placement of "we" seven times in terminal position underscores the theme that death is the consequence of the culture of ignorance and self-indulgence. Moreover, the literal centrality of the internal rhyme, the literal frontal marginality of repeated alliteration and assonance, and the literal terminal marginality of "We" reinforce the corporate persona's metaphorical marginality. Similarly, the rhythm of the feminine rhyme scheme following spondaic feet emphasizes the irony of the persona's masculine pose.

I hope you are joking.

As accurate and well-constructed as your post was, it still COMPLETELY ignored that rhythm is a form of communicating ideas. All the things you talked about actually support my idea that there is an intended pattern for the phrasing. Since the OBVIOUS timing of this poem has escaped you, I'll assume you either have two left feet, or even if you have a technical understanding of some form of dance, it's likely you have little to no natural rhythm. 2 out of 3 recordings/readings I've heard of this have been read with similar emphasis and rhythm. Some of them, though from different sources, are entirely similar.

Put your wallet back in your pocket, you haven't earned your money yet. You understand the construction of the WORDS, but are completely blind to the soul in the piece.

Well, he hasn't proven that he gets the soul in the piece, is all, marls.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
in order to get around dumbfuck and his corrupt party. .

as an independent, i always get a kick out of a blinkered democrat or republican calling the other party corrupt....LOL

it is like a murderer castigating another murderer for murder.

here are just a few of the "corrupt party" (republicans) scandals...and the "non-corrupt party" (democrats) scandals, both financial political and of course sexual.

laughable.

Political scandals of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, he hasn't proven that he gets the soul in the piece, is all, marls.

soul is natural. it's immediate. as soon as you hear the first beat you start clapping your hands. i swear to goodness, my boyfriend will hear a song he's never heard before and will start singing the melody. he can't predict the word so he hums but, for songs that he's never heard before, he will hum the melody and minus one or two notes, has a natural ability to understand chord progressions, harmonies, etc.. and will sometimes sing the entire melody note for note. it's clear that the poem is already known to him, he's heard it before yesterday. if he hasn't got it by now i'm putting my $20 in my gas tank, he ain't gonna get it. the timing for that poem is so fucking basic, you can hear in 90% of songs by ella fitzgerald and frank sinatra, it's an entirely COMMON timing.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
soul is natural. it's immediate. as soon as you hear the first beat you start clapping your hands. i swear to goodness, my boyfriend will hear a song he's never heard before and will start singing the melody. he can't predict the word so he hums but, for songs that he's never heard before, he will hum the melody and minus one or two notes, has a natural ability to understand chord progressions, harmonies, etc.. and will sometimes sing the entire melody note for note. it's clear that the poem is already known to him, he's heard it before yesterday. if he hasn't got it by now i'm putting my $20 in my gas tank, he ain't gonna get it. the timing for that poem is so fucking basic, you can hear in 90% of songs by ella fitzgerald and frank sinatra, it's an entirely COMMON timing.

Yeah yeah yeah ... got that.
What I want to say is that you have no proof that CockpitJoystick doesn't have a bit of soul tucked away somewhere.
But it didn't jump out at us, did it?
(Marls, you got the world's biggest right brain!:eek:)

Nah, Israel is going to take action on the world's behalf. Amen.

And take us with it?

The US has pledged to defend Israel in any war, offensive or defensive. If Israel nukes Iran, and it will take nukes to destroy some of those facilities, then we get drawn-in with them? With allies like these....

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah yeah yeah ... got that.
What I want to say is that you have no proof that CockpitJoystick doesn't have a bit of soul tucked away somewhere.
But it didn't jump out at us, did it?
(Marls, you got the world's biggest right brain!:eek:)

i forget which side the right one is (not in terms of location, but what kind of thinking it represents). besides, maybe he does have a little soul, but it's going to take a few beers and an electric slide to find it. i'm sure he can technically describe all the moves, but can he do it and make it look easy and natural??

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
i forget which side the right one is (not in terms of location, but what kind of thinking it represents). besides, maybe he does have a little soul, but it's going to take a few beers and an electric slide to find it. i'm sure he can technically describe all the moves, but can he do it and make it look easy and natural??

Well, some people say the left/right brain distinction is a bit specious.
But right-brain dominance supposedly means you have a lot of intuition, that you see things holistically, and recognize feelings clearly.
Left brain is more logical and analytical.
Western society is supposed to be quite left brain.
I have sometimes thought I am sort of balanced with some emphasis on the left brain.
If this distinction has anything to it, I think you'd be quite right brained.
Soul? Very right brained, marls.
So there you go, toots.
Unless rubi's full of shit again.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And take us with it?

The US has pledged to defend Israel in any war, offensive or defensive. If Israel nukes Iran, and it will take nukes to destroy some of those facilities, then we get drawn-in with them? With allies like these....

well, the Israelis don't really need to be defended by the United States in any war

they can defend themselves just fine.

Aside from Iran, there is no other country who can effectively defeat ISrael in a war, and the only way Iran could do it would be with nukes...even then, ISrael would survive the exchange, and IRan would be effectively decimated by the ISraeli response.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, some people say the left/right brain distinction is a bit specious.
But right-brain dominance supposedly means you have a lot of intuition, that you see things holistically, and recognize feelings clearly.
Left brain is more logical and analytical.
Western society is supposed to be quite left brain.
I have sometimes thought I am sort of balanced with some emphasis on the left brain.
If this distinction has anything to it, I think you'd be quite right brained.
Soul? Very right brained, marls.
So there you go, toots.
Unless rubi's full of shit again.

Thanks for explaining it to me, that makes some sense to me. and you're not full of shit, if you are i'd suggest you make a run for the loo and get those toxins out of you!! they say 3 times a day isn't only normal but necessary. personally i think you're one of the least full-of-shit members. there are some who are made of it.