Should the United States be worried about North Korea?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ital8, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ital8

ital8 New Member

I don't know how many people have been following the developments in North Korea, but they supposedly want to launch a missile at Hawaii around the 4th of July holiday. Now there are a few things to take into consideration. One is that most believe their missiles aren't sophisticated enough to even reach Hawaii. Also, is this North Korea's way of testing out the leadership of the Obama administration? If a missile does come close or even hits the island (which honestly I don't think it will) how will the United States government react? Right now, they are monitoring a ship that is supposedly carrying illegal contraband that defies the U.N. resolutions. North Korea has stated that if any interception of this ship does take place they will retaliate. There was also an anti-American rally in North Korea. It's almost as if they are looking for an excuse to start nuclear war. Their leader is insane, but it makes me wonder if it is all talk and nothing more.

2. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Can you really blame little Kim Jong, he is a miserable man living in a miserable country where Hawaii is the epitomy of everything he really wants....its just far to happy in that place with the hula skirts and tropicana juice.....they need taking out! lol

Seriously though, i doubt that anything will actually happen any time soon...the ship thing will probably be allowed to dock where its heading but just taken note of to gain support of the international community...that is what Obama said he was going to do shortly after taking office...to listen to other nations and work with them....i think it is a great time for allegiance building and North Korea has far too few to risk being annihilated.

3. hud01

Gold Member

I wish we would bomb him back to the stone age, but the way he has run that country it might be considered redundant.

4. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Well, if it's aimed at the Punahou School we'll have a pretty good idea.

5. cruztbone

Gold Member

Apparently the two missiles North Korea fired off fell into the water about 250 miles off their coast , easily missing Japan and other surrounding nations. Immediate damage to the ocean creatures , yes; to humans, no.

Once again, Kim is trying to seek attention of any kind with his own articificially oversized phallic symbols.

He REALLY needs to visit this website, poor little guy. He is clearly compensating for what he doesnt have: world approval, food for his population, and a big phallus.:tongue:

6. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

And that would achieve what?

7. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    Which Stone Age? Paleo-, Meso-, or Neo-Lithic? ecause depending on which one, it may be an improvement for his country.:tongue:

8. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Don't you occasionally get the insane idea that we could reduce the entire thing to something as absurd as palm tree envy?

9. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can't speak for Mitch, but, for me the answer to that question is "no." I don't occasionally get that particular insane idea... i ALWAYS HAVE it! There's no logical reason for Dear Leader's tyranny. His people are miserable, he's miserable, his neighbors are miserable. What exactly does he get out of this? No logical reason exists, so then it's time to look to the illogical, and when those don't seem to cut it we move on to the absurd... like palm tree envy.

10. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Palm tree envy it is, then. Do you think the little Dear deludes himself into thinking he's a grower?

11. green26

green26 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted