Should there be a warning?

robert617

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A general question, I am straight, but it may apply to gays as well I guess.
I am a "grower", so my size isn't that obvious. When solid, I am 28 cm or about
10 3/4".
When I know we are headed to the bedroom, should I mention my size, or would a woman prefer to find out on their own?
I'm 48, and its only been lately that I've had women of my own age group coming out and flatly saying "no way" once I get to full size. Though I will usually get at least a BJ or HJ, it's a pretty poor second choice. Would a brief mention cut down on the number of women who just wouldn't be interested?

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a grow-er, although not nearly as large as you. I almost always get aroused and fully erect while engaging in foreplay, so the women I'm with must have some idea of my size when their hands wander. I usualy get some kind of comment though when the pants and underwear come off, or after they have given me oral to bring me to full size.

But your size is probably not something you'd just bring up when talking to a woman, unless size is what you were already talking about! :D I have not been refused due to my size, but you might want to suggest that she would be in control of position and depth and you would stop if it became a problem.

Good luck.

LapDog2001

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hm....from this woman's point of view:

I can certainly see where it'd be pretty darn frustrating for you to just start getting down to business when she pulls the plug and then only having to settle for a BJ or HJ. I've never personally had to deal with that situation, but if it was THAT large, I might want to know what I was getting into before I got you all hot and bothered and had to stop. The hard part is coming up with some sort of tactful way of letting your partner know without sounding too vain. But that's just my $.02. Other girls may feel different.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Aug 13 2004, 01:02 PM
The hard part is coming up with some sort of tactful way of letting your partner know without sounding too vain.
I think that's a good point.

For that very reason I rarely ever "warned" a bed partner about what they were about to encounter. I always worried that I would sound like I was bragging and that's not my style. Some partners already suspected what was coming from petting anyway but others got a surprise when it got to that stage.

There were a few times, though, I was able to provide somewhat of a "warning" without appearing vain. I'm more of a shower and not as big as robert617 so maybe my experiences really won't apply but here goes: On those occasions a new partner asked me to wear a condom I'd have to ask if she had any because I rarely carried any of my own. They always seemed to have a spare one in their purse. Inevitably, she'd hand me a standard Trojan package which, of course, wasn't going to fit.

At that point I had a convenient opportunity to "warn" her by gently steering the conversation toward the fact that I was going to need a "plus" size condom. I always did this matter-of-factly without any pretense or strutting involved.

Rather than ruin the moment, these "warning" episodes actually heightened the anticipation of the event. Maybe robert could use some similar method to warn his partners.

SG

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
oh, good idea SG.

one that would also work for me is a straight up/funny approach like: "I've have this little problem with some girls in the past....well, it's not a "little" problem really, but a "big" one and I don't in anyway mean to sound vain, but....."

everyone woman seems to love a sense of humor in a guy and if you're straight forward about not trying to be vain, it won't sound like you are. At least it wouldn't for me...

robert617

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Never thought of the condom idea as I have always carried them myself since, as you say, the regulars aren't any use.
Being a "grower" does preclude some advance warning by the woman's quick grope though.
Would be grateful for a few more "tactful" tactics. As I mentioned, this really has only been happening the last little while, and the "flat out" turn downs have been a bit of a surprise.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Sadly, their petting's the only clue they get; I haven't come up with a way to warn women. I mean, besides putting a surgeon general's warning on my pants. Something along the lines of

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: This penis is larger than most and can cause vaginal pain at first but also is an addictive substance.

friskykitty

Just Browsing
Media
i think a mentioning of that topic would be good once you get to the seriousness of a relationship. cuz if it matters that much to the other person, its good to know before you get to emotionally involved. its good to talk about some things before diving right into them.

where there is a will, there is a way..... :)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Aug 14 2004, 08:06 PM
Sadly, their petting's the only clue they get; I haven't come up with a way to warn women. I mean, besides putting a surgeon general's warning on my pants. Something along the lines of

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: This penis is larger than most and can cause vaginal pain at first but also is an addictive substance.
Beautiful, Jon! I think it would be nice to know ahead of time, for me it would make the waiting all the more exciting. But I guess for a woman who was smaller in the nether regions, the recovery time involved would be a deterrant.

Ahem, anyone with a larger than average penis who requires the use of large condoms should ALWAYS have some on hand, you surely can't expect anyone else to intuitively know to have them available. Please people, always practise safe sex!

dressed2the9s

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I, too, am a grower, though I stop growing about 2 inches before you. Still, while I've never had a lady call an audible, as it were, when my pants were down, I have had girlfriends who've still preferred what Health classes refer to as outercourse. (Those extra inches of yours seem to add an element of sheer fright that I'm not familiar with, but it seems to be the rejection of vaginal consummation that's really at issue here). But to relate two of this morning's most popular Women's Issues threads, I usually find that if you let them measure it, as NurseJudy advocates, the'll somehow come to terms with the size sooner. Maybe not that night, but in my case it's the digits that've stuck in their mind, making it seem, in the pressureless realm of retrospect, more plausibly insertable than the mosterous cock that they've mentally exaggerated out of even the very generous proportions you already have. It might be worth a try, but of course it may take a while.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perhaps maybe there should be a personal big dick detector for all those concerned.

I can see it now: a small hand held device with a blaring claxon and monotoned woman's voice saying, [/I]Warning! Penis size in male exceeding normal capacity! proceed with caution!

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK@Aug 17 2004, 05:55 PM
Perhaps maybe there should be a personal big dick detector for all those concerned.

I can see it now: a small hand held device with a blaring claxon and monotoned woman's voice saying, [/I]Warning! Penis size in male exceeding normal capacity! proceed with caution!

If the women of LPSG walked into a bar with the straight men of LPSG, the device would explode! :lol:

.... and Mme Zora would be in heaven. ;)

LapDog2001 :p

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The device wouldn't be the only thing exploding!

I couldn't resist the temptation of getting into the bad joke fest going on around here, although in all seriousness- being surrounded by all the beautiful faces and cocks from this site, I'd have to say "Fuck heaven, I'm staying here on Earth!"

TripodMillenium: Hmmm.... maybe a good haunting....

Ultimate voyeurism.... ;) :p :lol: