Should we have co-operated more with Channel 4?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by headbang8, Feb 3, 2006.

1. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    http://www.lpsg.org/showthread.php?t=20965

I seem to remember that the Channel 4 producers approached us, as a group, earlier about participating. Most of us gave them a cool reception, many of us assuming they were trolls or pervs, few of us checking out their bona fides.

In light of recent events, do you think that we might have co-operated more with them, and thus had a chance to explain the true nature of what goes on here?

What happens here is not just about dicks, it's about men. Men who need to acknowledge both their exceptional gifts, and their natural vulnerability. Though I haven't seen the documentary, I assume that it didn't portray us so. A great pity. Could we have avoided it?

2. HotBodUK

HotBodUK New Member

Naa.... it was a pretty unbiased report where this group is concerned... though you had to be quick to catch the URL. (Have you caught URL yet... it's a bit nasty... lol) :eek: :smile:

3. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

God forbid. Had we responded in number we would probably have ended up with our own episode. You think we have trolls now? *shudders*

The forum would be lost - absolutely gutted - of its original innocence and community, oldies would be having heart attacks and psychological crises, and Rob would be found dangling from the chandelier with is mouse cord wrapped around his neck.

4. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nice thought, Pecker. It's a very innocent discussion of big dicks.

5. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    bit late now anyways

6. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    There has definitely been a huge influx of brits lately. I couldn't even imagine what more of a focus on the website would have resulted in. While I'm not saying that everyone coming in isn't wanted, but there are certainly a large number of people that will probably come in, say hi, stay a few days, and then move on with their lives. And of course we'll probably gain a few more trolls along the way...

Draft saved Draft deleted