Should women always have to be ladies?

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think what you're saying is that there are select professions where depending on circumstances, it really wouldn't make a difference one way or the other?

For example, your typical male dominated tattoo parlour wouldn't think twice about hiring a somewhat less ladylike woman, as most of the customers are likely to be men who are far less judgemental when it comes to women covered in tats, piercings and the likes... It may even make the men more comfortable that seeing a pretty lady with a single pair of earings, and a little star tattoo on her shoulder.

Likewise, there are plenty of female dominated tattoo parlours (well, there are here at least) and the majority of their customers are female, looking for a pretty little butterfly (before I'm shot for that... I'm talking about the ones local to me, the ones I have experience of and have spent many an hour browsing their books) and being more ladylike is likely to be preferable as it would more than likely put other women at ease?
Pretty much

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Should women always have to be ladies?

fuck that noise.

*scratches*

*burps*

*scratches again*

thickrod

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not every woman can act like a lady just like not every man can act like a gentleman. In a sport like tennis, which is known for its class, the most viewed tournament should include players who conduct themselves with class.

I got the idea that some posters in this thread were confusing gender roles with class, so to reiterate:
Yea, as a female in Wimbledon, you don't need to act like a classy lady but don't expect respect from classy people.

Remember John McEnroe? He had absolutely no class in tournaments and the many of tennis' true spectators didn't appreciate it at all.

B_ILIW

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
lol.. Most press articles simply reflect how writers think the world should be, and not actually what is. They often see society as some uptight conservative place, when in reality Western society nowadays is the exact opposite. It's like that New York congressman scandal, I doubt many in NYC cared, but the press had a field day.