Show me how to get a new law passed

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Show me where to start to get a new law passed.
The law will be to ban anyone from using plastic coat hangers to hit children.
It causes long term damage or permanent injuries . I am also going to see if I can get a warning on the labels of plastic coat hangers.
I am not kidding. I will go into more detail later. I will blog on the progress and write draft letters on my blog.
Please help.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ok....what piece of shit has been hitting a child with a plastic coathanger? If I find em' they'll regret ever being born (I was physically, mentally and sexually abused all throughout my childhood, and God help the person I see hitting or abusing their child)

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know... there weren't any plastic coat hangers around when I was a kid in the '60's so my mom just used wire ones, or a wooden spoon (broke one on me in fact) or a spatula (my preference). All of which were superior to my father's belt. Back then, people spanked their children without fear of interference or judgement. It was cultural and accepted - although there were some socially accepted limits.

My father was abusive, my mother... I think she was just trying the best she could with what she had. She never spanked on skin (except for the time she caught me out on the sidewalk naked with my swimsuit in my hand), she only struck two to five times depending on the severity of the offense, and she always cried afterward.

I came out OK. I have spanked my son (twice, within a half hour of each other) with my hand.

Now, with that said... I think that if plastic coat hangers were taken away that those people who are abusive to children would find something else to use. The problem isn't the hangers. It's lack of control on the part of the parent, striking in anger, and striking to cause pain. Some people get a rush from the adrenalin that comes from that kind of situation and loose control in the overpowering of another human being. I pray for those people and hope that they are caught and punished. There are laws for that, as there should be... but coat hangers? I don't know.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Honestly, I can't imagine being able to get anywhere with labeling them as they'd then have to label all sort of things with which a lowlife fucktard could strike another person. Anymore warning labels just serve to safeguard manufacturers against litigation.

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
laws on this already exist. if someone causes their child "long term damage or permanent injuries" like you stated, it's child abuse no matter what the method.

if, as a parent, you absolutely feel the need to discipline your child physically, why on earth would you pick a plastic coathanger anyway?

jlr080281

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah. If you're going to put labels on coat hangers, you may as well put labels on everything. Pretty much anything can be used as a weapon to hit someone with.

And I'd like to know how hitting someone with a plastic hanger can cause permanent injury. I guess getting hit in the eye might, but you'd have to be pretty retarded to aim for someone's eye.

Anyway, if one of my parents ever tried hitting me with a plastic hanger when I was a kid, I probably would have laughed pretty hard :p

B_GEatonSkyfly

Sexy Member
Media
Orange City, FL and Colorado Springs, Colorado
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would report that to the authorities if I seen it.

Giving some dicipline is normal, and kids do need it. But that is just wrong!
I remeber being forced naked and swatted repeatedly on my bare ass as a 9 yr old child by my mom and she used a piece of "hotwheels" toy car track.
It left welts on my buttocks and scared the crap out of my mom and she never ever hit me again.
I did deserve punishment, maybe even a spanking.., but not the welts and she apologized profusely afterwards and let me run around the house naked.
In talks about it since then....She still feels bad about it today she says, but at the time she said I was so "bad" I deserved it and she just " Lost it".
She did not do that to my other siblings.
Grant

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't see a label making any parent cruel enough to use one think twice.

Better to label the child.

"Fragile! Do not shake, strike or drop."

I still wish there were an aptitude test prior to the ability to reproduce being switched on.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
I remeber being forced naked and swatted repeatedly on my bare ass as a 9 yr old child by my mom and she used a piece of "hotwheels" toy car track.
Fuck man, I remember being hit with one of those when my brothers and I were just screwing around. Talk about PAINFUL. :eek:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Show me where to start to get a new law passed. The law will be to ban anyone from using plastic coat hangers to hit children. It causes long term damage or permanent injuries . I am also going to see if I can get a warning on the labels of plastic coat hangers. I am not kidding. I will go into more detail later. I will blog on the progress and write draft letters on my blog. Please help.

That's a novel approach ? Legislation against child abuse that involves specifically identifying the instrument(s) of abuse ? How many laws do you think it'll take to cover every way imaginable to abuse a child ? What happens if someone uses something you haven't listed ? A label for the plastic clothes hanger ? I think I'm going to chalk this up as another blonde moment and get some sleep ?

Admirable but pointless. It'll rank up there with Baby On Board and mattress tags as the butt of jokes.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wow. this further proves my point that USA is turning into 300 million pussies.

first of all i think you meant wire hangers.

however, there is a line between discipline and abuse. my parents and grandmama used to whip my ass and my sisters all the time when we were younger. i've gotten beat with a wire hanger , extension cord, ironing cord, a (several) switches, belts, suspenders, and of course the almighty back hand slap of an angry black mother.

BUT you cross the line when you scar your children or attempt to degrade them. that should have a consequence of atleast 20 years (federal time, state time is to soft for a child abuser)

is this what it's come to? children cant even be disciplined the old fashioned way? or maybe we're behind the times here in south carolina. maybe you've heard the saying "spare the rod, you spoil the child" ? it's true.

that's the problem, kids arent scared of their parents anymore. and i dont mean piss the bed scared. i mean respect. kid's punking out their parents and disrespecting them. it's a dam shame. i bet columbine wouldnt have gotten attacked if eric and dylan got their asses cut real good when they were little.

but then again most black families still discipline their kids.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
laws on this already exist. if someone causes their child "long term damage or permanent injuries" like you stated, it's child abuse no matter what the method.

if, as a parent, you absolutely feel the need to discipline your child physically, why on earth would you pick a plastic coathanger anyway?
because it is a sadistic form of torture and some people get off to hurting others. I should have the law list it as torture.
I have to look into it and see if I can get some pro bono help from an attorney.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah. If you're going to put labels on coat hangers, you may as well put labels on everything. Pretty much anything can be used as a weapon to hit someone with.

And I'd like to know how hitting someone with a plastic hanger can cause permanent injury. I guess getting hit in the eye might, but you'd have to be pretty retarded to aim for someone's eye.

Anyway, if one of my parents ever tried hitting me with a plastic hanger when I was a kid, I probably would have laughed pretty hard :p
Actually take one and give yourself a strike on your leg and I guarantee you won't laugh and will see my point clearly. Have someone strike you with it and just see. It doesn't take much effort and it is very painful and leaves bruises. It causes permanent injury to the fascia when used for a torture tool.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Ok i have to ask, what made you think of this? Did you see or hear about this happening to a child?

So, how would you label a wire hanger and still be able to read it?

There are plenty of children who are killed all across the world daily by an adults hands in the course of child abuse. We have billboards in our state that reminds us that child abuse kills. We have some of the highest rates of child abuse in our state and its truly embarassing that we have to remind people that they can kill their kids in a fit of rage. Chances are the type of person who beats their kid or will likely kill them won't be phased by warnings.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You have to be pretty lazy about raising your kid if you let it get to the point of needing to hit them, to get them to do what they are told. I agree with Gillette about there needing to be some kind of aptitude test before you are allowed to reproduce.

Labeling every thing in sight isn't going to stop child abuse. That's just ridiculous.

I have always found it dumb that parents get all kinds of lessons about how to birth a child, but pretty much nothing in the way of how to care for them. At least that's how it was in 1980's.