Show Me The Money — How Rich Are You?

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Money money money money
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's all relative. You may be surprised at just how good you have it.

Check it out here.

Every year we gaze enviously at the lists of the richest people in world. Wondering what it would be like to have that sort of cash. But where would you sit on one of those lists? Here's your chance to find out.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
So my little Social Security check makes me richer than 88% of the world.

Right.

They don't get you to donate if they let you think you're poor.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Apprently, I'm "the 442,333,334 richest person in the world." :rolleyes: All this based on annual income. Where's the option to add in your stocks and trust funds? Not to mention the family foundation..lol

Andresito

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Wow, awful.

I put the lowest wage I ever had (150 dollars per month) and ended in the 20% of richest people.

In that case, who's the poorest???!!!

roosevelt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
try putting the number $750,000 in, then add a zero, it gives the exact same ranking.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some observations:

(1) It seems to only take whole numbers. If you enter a decimal, your "score" goes much further up than it should.

(2) Even if you have an annual income of $101 -- which would be gravely impovershed in this country -- they still hit you up for a donation. :(

(3) Ridiculously high dollar amounts still don't place you any higher than the 100,000th position or so.

(4) I entered a negative dollar amount in -- and was told "You are the richest person in the world!" (though the graph pointed to the very poorest...)

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
Apparently I am the 36,615,049th wealthiest man in the world. What a joke: There are at least four times that many east of the Mississippi "wealthier" than I. The only time I felt wealthy was when I visited a few Mexican villages where I saw suffocating poverty. The point of the website is well-taken, though. We have an embarrassmment of riches in the US.

MclLau

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How rich are you? I am 773,071,647th richest. Thank you to Rawbone8 for giving me the clue to measure my ranking.

How do you measure SUCCESS?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For those who were wondering where the impoverished are. I received this a few days ago, it's lighthearted but reminds us that it's seldom money alone which decides our fate.

"On a visit to Heaven, my angel guide stopped in front of the first section and said, "This is the Receiving Section. Here, all petitions to God said in prayer are received." I looked around in this area, and it was terribly busy with so many angels sorting out petitions written on voluminous paper sheets and scraps from people all over the world.

Then we moved on down a long corridor until we reached the second section. The angel then said to me, "This is the Packaging and Delivery Section. Here, the graces and blessings the people asked for are processed and delivered to the living persons who asked for them."

I noticed again how busy it was there. There were many angels working hard at that station, since so many blessings had been requested and were being packaged for delivery to Earth.

Finally at the farthest end of the long corridor we stopped at the door of a very small station. To my great surprise, only one angel was seated there, idly doing nothing. "This is the Acknowledgment Section," my angel friend quietly admitted to me. He seemed embarrassed. "How is it that there's no work going on here?" I asked.

"So sad," the angel sighed. "After people receive the blessings that they asked for, very few send back acknowledgments. "How does one acknowledge God's blessings?" I asked.

"Simple," the angel answered. "Just say, "Thank you, Lord."

"What blessings should they acknowledge?" I asked.

"If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep ... you are richer than 75% of this world. "If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

And if you get this on your own computer, you are part of the 1% in the world who has that opportunity.

Also ....

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness .... you are more blessed than the thousands who will die today through poverty related illness, malnutrition or war.

If you have never experienced the fear in battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation .. you are ahead of 700 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without the fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death. You are envied by, and more blessed than, 3 billion people in the world.

If your parents are still alive and still married ....you are very rare."

Have a good day and count your blessings!