Show or not

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by alexx, Jun 8, 2004.

1. alexx

alexx New Member

I'm about to start a new job soon and I hesitate a bit about what to do -
    either, I could do what i do at my present job and make an effort to hide the bulge (i'm big soft), or I could just skip that and "go natural". I've become less self-conscious about my size over the years, but when i started this job i hid the bulge from the beginning. It would be odd to start showing the bulge now, they'd thought i was faking it or something :)

It would be nice not to have to worry about it, and be able to wear tight jeans for example but i'm not sure....

Any thoughts of what i should do? I'm especially interested in hearing from those of you who may think it's a good idea to continue hiding the bulge, since i know that most of you'd say show it, and yes it would be great, but still.... :)

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

It's a good idea for a man to make the appearance of a bulge as discreet as possible in the professional world.

Unless, of course, you are a stripper. (No aspersions cast, Jacinto.)

3. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hi, Alexx -- You don't mention exactly what you'll be doing at the new job, which may have some bearing on how you dress, but I'd say that in general it's best to start out conservative and hide your endowment to the extent that you can. Each workplace has its own unique culture and with time you may get the sense that it's a relatively relaxed place and a bit of showing might be OK. But in general your first few months on the job are a time to try to avoid making waves. We've all seen on this site that some people will react in a strangely negative or inappropriate way to a large bulge, so why risk it??

Good luck! :)

Steve (4 professional jobs in the past 8 years)

4. jay_too

jay_too New Member

Alexx..

I would suggest that playing it safe and "not to bulge" is the best policy for a new workplace. Yea, I have only experience with one company; but I discovered no matter how modest I was, news and speculation on what I was packing was an office topic. Why? Well, largely because I was caught adjusting a few boners [that 'ole nemesis of dudes].

This was in a conservative, consulting engineering company in the bible belt.

jay

5. Imported

Gold Member

rainsfletcher: I try to be discreet, but I don't go overboard. I was given what I was given, so I don't really think I should have to be uncomfortable just others CAN be comfortable.

I wear loose fitting slacks with a big drop, and don't go out of my way to advertise my package.

I'm not aware of any negative reactions to my size in the workplace, anyway. People talk, but it's usually in a positive sense. And it's never impacted my ability to do my job or be successfull.

6. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

It's okay; I ducked the flying aspersions! Besides, I agree; of course I showed off my cock when I danced. Isn't that a big part (ahem...) of the job description? But since Alexx is probably not an exotic dancer, I do agree with the suggestion of discreetly suppressing the bulging mound of flesh. It's not particularly appropriate in most professions. At least observe your co-workers. Before long you should be able to gauge what they may or may not find acceptable in their fellow employees' mode of dress. If you later decide it's safe to display the bulge, rest assured they will discuss it among themselves when you're not around.

7. Max

Max New Member

Yes, but suppression is one thing; compression entirely another. In other words, deliberately accentuating the bulge is out; but it took me a while to see that trying to pretend there was no bulge there at all was another matter.

On "compression", funnily enough I eventually learnt that tightish jeans which squashed me in were far less "revealing" than some baggy trousers which tended to mould around the bulge; but the price in terms of discomfort (and anxiety about burst zips) was too high.

A general rule of thumb about suits; heavier and darker cloths conceal better .. but it is hard to avoid showing a bulge in lighter material whatever the cut.

8. benderten2001

Gold Member

ALL very good advice given here. :D

The only other thing I can add from my life's experiences is that, even though I try to use discretion and "not show or show off", I've encountered "other" occasions and situations on the (same) job which DID allow me to lighten up a bit and NOT worry quite as much. Those occasions involved scenarios whereby we had "clean up day" or "moving day" or, some weekend event whereby we as staff were all "more laid back".

I dress for a business setting each day at the office but I have learned to put comfort ahead of everything else in facing manual tasks--moving furniture or just relaxing a bit in a "social occasion" on the lake or weekend retreat.

Otherwise, professional "decorum" pretty much dictates good judgment and consideration of not embarrassing others. I think as men, we can find a way to accept our endowment as something NOT to be ashamed of! but instead, we can choose to control how we "accomodate" the presence of others-- being considerate of THEIR feelings and their possible subsequent reactions in a business/social setting. Given our individual work and social settings will (usually!) help "guide" us (as men) as to what's appropriate to be wearing at a given time.
    As larger men however, we probably DO fret over this issue more than other men.
    --We kinda have to! (although none of us REALLY want to complain all that much, do we? ;)

9. Imported

Gold Member

dcbulgefreak: If you are a construction worker, by all means, show it off. Many of them seem to.
    ;-) If the job requires a suit or non casual clothes, I'd tuck er away.

10. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Discretion might be the best course of action till you have gotten a temperature check on how everyone dresses and the "attitude" of the office. Go with flow, but I would NEVER dress to hide to the point of serious discomfort. Just play it safe a day or two. You'll figure out your new environment. And GOOD LUCK. :)

11. Johnnyb4356

Johnnyb4356 New Member

If you do bulge, just draw attention away from it by doing something making your hair really big, or wear clown shoes. Of course, you could always just wear a top hat and a monocle to be safe.

12. kurios

kurios Member

really tight jeans, bulge or no bulge, probably arent the best idea for most work places....great for clubs and most everything else though.

13. alexx

alexx New Member

Thanks for all replies! As for drawing attention away from it, that shouldn't be a problem, i'm also very very hairy so ppl also tend to lok at my neck if i've got an open shirt or at my arms if i'm in short sleeves.. and i have big feet so the clown shoes are there too :) Well well..

It's a mostly male office type job with rather informal dress from what it seems, jeans seems to be ok for example, i've seen suits too. I think the best i can do is to start off with wearing loose trousers and leave the "big decision" for later :)

I must admit that i enjoy very much to show off my bulge (but not to everyone, not to the old ladies at my present job for example) so i'm thrilled at the idea of letting it show, but once shown it can't be unshown so to speak..

14. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, well, any kind of sex work (And I'm defining "sex work" to include things like Hooters here.) like that will have a bulge as an advantage.

But in anything else, the bulge can be a curse. If it's not jealousy, it's sexual harrassment or being accused of sexual harrassment followed by having to whip it out in front of the judge. LOL

15. KinkGuy

Gold Member

That could be fun :lol: Hey, I know a security screener in the Albuquerque airport a lot better these days, so why not a judge? :wacko:

Draft saved Draft deleted