Show us your Plank!

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just heard about the new phenomenon of planking. I love being goofy so I am going to plank as well. After all, it combines fitness and creativity both of which I love!

Definition: (wikipedia definition) Planking is done by placing the arms down by one's side and laying rigid somewhere and then taking a picture for others to enjoy.

I am attaching my first entry with me planking on my bar at my house. Let's see yours!

** Be safe! Don't try to plank off the side of a house and die like Acton Beale (link) did.

Attachments

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Considering what happend, with one life already gone lost to this (stupid) trend, I find it kinda.. dumb to try and spread it further. :(

There's anti-planking groups forming on Facebook, I heard. As well as a memorial-group for Acton Beale.

I won't join in the planking, but if you do, please be careful. :smile:

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Does anyone know how this started ? Like, who was the first guy or girl to do this and how the heck it caught on like wildfire it seems ? I mean to me at least it seems this craze sprung up overnight tbh.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, party poopers! Maybe your creative and safe planking could be viewed as a memorial to Acton and a tribute to being silly again in this mundane thing we wallow through called life.

Lighten up folks.

* How did it spring up? Who knows. I am sure that someone just wanted to take a silly picture on top of something and then showed it to friends... who in turn wanted to 1-up them by doing a more difficult plank. And so on...

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I mean to me at least it seems this craze sprung up overnight tbh.

Me too - I hadn't heard of it until Saturday and now the topic seems to be popping up everywhere!

But then again, I've always been soooo out of touch with trends, so it's probably been around for aaaaages.

chrisj428

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Do you have to be face down or can you lie face up with your hands at your sides whilst remaining stiff? Does it say which part of your body has to remain rigid? (Or am I thinking of something else? ;-) )

Just heard about the new phenomenon of planking. I love being goofy so I am going to plank as well. After all, it combines fitness and creativity both of which I love!

Definition: (wikipedia definition) Planking is done by placing the arms down by one's side and laying rigid somewhere and then taking a picture for others to enjoy.

I am attaching my first entry with me planking on my bar at my house. Let's see yours!

** Be safe! Don't try to plank off the side of a house and die like Acton Beale (link) did.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
A simple investment in a blue, or green screen, should take this to stupid levels & kill off the craze.

BTW, your bar would look better with a waitress, as would your picture composition, along with some half drunk beer & people drinking.

Otherwise, a good effort, but must try harder.:wink:

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you have to be face down or can you lie face up with your hands at your sides whilst remaining stiff? Does it say which part of your body has to remain rigid? (Or am I thinking of something else? ;-) )
As far as I know, face down and body rigid. But, I am sure you could have other parts of your body rigid too! :biggrin1:

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A simple investment in a blue, or green screen, should take this to stupid levels & kill off the craze.

BTW, your bar would look better with a waitress, as would your picture composition, along with some half drunk beer & people drinking.

Otherwise, a good effort, but must try harder.:wink:
Still waiting on your submission ol' chap!

I will take your suggestion at my next party, maybe with multiple plankers. Of course, only if people on here quit drinking their haterade and start having a little fun in life.

An Aussie lad died in a planking prank yesterday. :/

Gotta be careful, I guess.