99% Straight, 1% Gay
This thread is from 2008 and this is the Brooklyn bridge :D

brooklyn_bridge_cc_img.jpg

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not going to show you pictures of where I live because I live in the Chicago suburbs. If you've seen one American suburb, you've seen them all; it's nothing but subdivisions and strip malls.

So instead, here's a picture of "the Bean" in Chicago:

Bean.jpg

The artist actually named this sculpture "Cloud Gate" or something, but everyone calls it the Bean.

I've lived all around the world, and I have to admit that I like the architecture of Chicago. The working class vibe is nice, but I could do without some of the segregation.

D

deleted969350

Thanks for sharing. I sometimes see the bean in movies and wanted to google maps it but never could find it. Chicago is a beautiful city, I agree.

Reactions: alcor972 and Oxnard

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DrippingSpringsTexas.jpg
Wine2.png
961975-1104110954326239-p.jpg

This is my neck of the woods right outside of Austin in Texas Hill Country. I was born and raised here by a very Texan cowboy and a proper Brit mum. I recharge every time I go home to visit. And yes, those are grapevines. There's a wonderful winery in the "neighborhood."

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DrippingSpringsTexas.jpg
Wine2.png
961975-1104110954326239-p.jpg

This is my neck of the woods right outside of Austin in Texas Hill Country. I was born and raised here by a very Texan cowboy and a proper Brit mum. I recharge every time I go home to visit. And yes, those are grapevines. There's a wonderful winery in the "neighborhood."
Sweet googley-moogley, but that is some nice color-mapping on that first image!

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sweet googley-moogley, but that is some nice color-mapping on that first image!

The Hill Country is very colorful! Especially during Blue Bonnet season! A major drought a couple of years ago really knocked out all of the color, especially Fall colors. But it bounced back last year.

Reactions: deleted969350
D

deleted969350

Hi Ellie. Your home town is very beautiful thanks for sharing it with us.

Reactions: alcor972

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Hill Country is very colorful! Especially during Blue Bonnet season! A major drought a couple of years ago really knocked out all of the color, especially Fall colors. But it bounced back last year.
Yeah, I know it's beautiful. Have plenty of friends from there, but I was really admiring the work of the digital photographer.

And I should have said tone mapping, not color mapping. Shame on me for using the wrong term. :p

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I know it's beautiful. Have plenty of friends from there, but I was really admiring the work of the digital photographer.

And I should have said tone mapping, not color mapping. Shame on me for using the wrong term. :p

LOL! I don't know the difference.

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wanna try the puffy tacos!

Also, Texas has the largest population of Korean-Americans. I have to imagine that boolgogi made with good Texas beef tastes marvelous.

Alright, now I made myself salivate.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wanna try the puffy tacos!

Also, Texas has the largest population of Korean-Americans. I have to imagine that boolgogi made with good Texas beef tastes marvelous.

Alright, now I made myself salivate.

I didn't know that about Korean Americans. Hmmm. I thought that would be Atlanta! In fact, in a suburb there is a Mexican Korean supermarket! Seriously! The produce department is so awesome and a little disconcerting, while the meat market is downright scary.

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't know that about Korean Americans. Hmmm. I thought that would be Atlanta! In fact, in a suburb there is a Mexican Korean supermarket! Seriously! The produce department is so awesome and a little disconcerting, while the meat market is downright scary.
If you go to a restaurant for boolgogi, look for one that lets you make your own lettuce wraps at the table and offers lots of different pickles on the side.