Shower Etiquette

LMX

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would not get undressed outside the shower and leave me clothes out there. As someone else pointed out, they might get taken. Just hang them up somewhere in the shower once you're in.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
When I was in high school, we had communal showers. Guys would take off their clothes at their locker, and wear a towel to the shower. We generally avoided eye contact (and, certainly, staring) in the shower itself, but chatting was OK. No problems when in towels, though.

In college (late 1990s), we had shower stalls that each had a door (sort of like a bahtroom stall door), then a smallish changing area with hooks, then the actual shower itself with its own curtain. Pretty much everyone slept in boxers, so we would walk down the hall in boxers carrying our towel/shampoo/soap/etc., go into the private changing area, close the door, take off boxers, then go into the actual shower.

This was pretty private, so we didn't really see each other in anything less than boxers, which is no more revealing than what guys would wear when swimming.

Which, of course, totally SUX. The whole point of college is to see guys in the dorm or locker room in jocks, underwear, naked, with hardons, etc. What is college for, if not that?

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I agree with everything except the eye contact....

I'm not so sure that s necessary. Why? Go in there do your biz and get out. No need to look at anybody in the eyes (but don't purposely and obviously avoid eye contact either). If that makes sense.

All this avoidance is bullshit. I say look and be looked at. Guys are doing that anyway.
What's the big fuckin deal? Do you know ANY guy who isn't interested in seeing other guys' cock, if only to see if he falls in the range of "normal"?

schs1977

Experimental Member
Media
Can't help you here. I went to a small college that had suites. 4 guys in 2 bedrooms and we shared a bathroom.

All for of us usually walked nude from our rooms to the shower and back. These guys wnded up being 3 of my best friends to this day. I have seen each of them nude and I have walked to the shower in the morning with a complete hard on and I've seen then that way also. No one was embarrassed, we were all guys

D_Enorma Scupcakes

Experimental Member
Media
I was in college in the late 90s, and we had a communal shower in my dorm. It was the first time I'd ever been in that kind of situation, and being overweight and having a strictly average penis, I wasn't too happy about it.

But, you know, I got used to it. There were 6 shower heads in a room around the corner from the rest of the bathroom. Just outside of this room was a bench and some hooks.

I'd walk to the shower with a towel wrapped around me, take it off at the hooks, and wander into the shower. Then, I'd try off out at the hooks too.

The showers were normally pretty sparsely populated, and my roommate and I never went at the same time (not that I would care, but I think he did). No one looked at each other or spoke, except the guys that were on sports teams together. I avoided going when the basketball team was in there, because they were all fit and had big dicks (especially the shortest one! A horse-hung, scrawny white kid!).

As someone else said, Always wear flip-flops!

My gym a few years ago had communal showers, too. I was much more confident there, partially because I was older, and I'd lost of a lot of weight. In that case, I just went bare-ass naked from the lockers to the showers. IMHO there's no issue with being not-so-fit at the gym, because everyone's there to improve their bodies, and all should be praised for making the effort.