Showering with Clothes

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Island Club Guy CT, May 28, 2008.

1. Island Club Guy CT

Island Club Guy CT New Member

Albums:
    It really looks silly , but more and more guys at our gym is starting to shower with a speedo , or shorts. Some are now entering the steam room with t.shirt and shorts. For those of you who do this please explain as i dont know why and I am curios.

2. milkyca

milkyca New Member

Why do you care what other people are wearing in the shower?

3. B_boynextdoorkpt

B_boynextdoorkpt New Member

Because it is completely ignorant to wear clothes in the shower! Its like an episode of the Golden Girls, the first time Rose left the small town of Saint Olaf, to the big city, she head the saying 'Get out of the rain stupid!"
    SO, I say, get naked stupid and wash off.

4. B_josh762

B_josh762 New Member

Was sitting in the sauna not to long ago and a man came in fully dressed and sat in the sauna for about 10 minutes. Don't really care that he was sweating like a hog in his street clothes and then left the gym that way. He had a ring on. Hope his wife enjoyed the smell. Don't really care why but when I was growing up you have gotten thrown out of a gym for dressing like that in a sauna. You would have been considered a weirdo.

5. B_retracted

B_retracted New Member

I always automatically assume they're trying to hide the fact that they have a small cock or else they're uncut and ashamed of their foreskins. Either way, I loudly give them my condolensces.

6. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Seconded.

7. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    you know...I am really shy and not too happy with the shape and size of my body, but I have to draw the line somewhere, grow some balls, and be a man. If I have to shower in a public place (such as at the gym), I'm not going to make an ass of myself and where any type of clothing. All that does is bring more attention to yourself, rather than drawing attention away (which, I would imagine is the main reason why some guys where whatever in the showers). Guys, don't be afraid to show what you've got downstairs... If you are worried about your size (being too small or too large), odds are, you're not the only one who feels that way. The only way to concur your fears and worrys about your cock size is to get in there (butt naked) and face those fears and conqure them.

8. milkyca

milkyca New Member

Showering with some sort of garment on does not make someone an ass. While open showers offer no privacy, those who use them should exercise some common courtesy. It's no one else's business what is worn in the shower, and it certainly isn't something to get angry about. I think wearing clothing during showering is strange myself, but since my own hygiene is the only concern I have, I don't dwell on it. I suspect the swell of indignation from the original poster and subsequent posters is either the frustration at not being able to ogle or force others to conform to their own norms.

9. D_Sven Svollen

D_Sven Svollen New Member

I think it has gotten to where so many people my age and younger are afraid to get naked in a locker room that people get shocked when I get naked to change clothes or shower at the gym. I think it is strange when I have a friend go workout with me, and he goes home without showering looking at me strangely because I am completely comfortable to.

10. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Utter bullshit. Spurious argument at best.

Why would you care if you were a hot chick at a "clothing optional" beach section and fully-clothed ugly fucks were hovering by instead of using the regular beach section? "Clothing Optional" doesn't equate "Nudity Required", right?

Gym showers have an hygienic purpose. Showering clothed is backward, disgusting and unsanitary.

Just say no to showers then. Stay at home and learn the joys of crochet.

11. No_Strings

Gold Member

I wear shorts in public showers because of penis insecurity.
    I wear a t-shirt in public swimming pools/gyms because of gynecomastia insecurity.

It's nobodies business to judge me because of my psychogoical issues that they know neither the cause for, or severity of.

12. Calcium

Calcium New Member

Albums:
    I wear a swimsuit when I shower, but that is because I am about to enter or have just exited a pool. That said, at my gym, you must wear a swimsuit to enter the steam room, hot tub or sauna. My understanding is that this is a measure taken to crack down on sex acts occurring, which, regardless of your views on locker room nudity, is far, far across the line.

13. invisibleman

Gold Member

I wouldn't think it strange if a guy showers in a Speedo. It is America. Shower how you like.
    I don't hate over that.

14. milkyca

milkyca New Member

You do not need to be fully nude to enjoy the full benefits of a hygienic shower. To imply otherwise is ludicrous.

15. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just because you're intolerant of others doesn't mean we all should be, mate.

16. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

They probably wear clothes so the other men arent drooling over them if they arent comfortable with that. When i was a member at a gym women had seperate shower stalls with curtains and we wore a towel in the sauna. We were there to tone up and lose weight, not to show off or be a part of a gay/bi meat market. Why can't men have a little bit of privacy without it being strange?

I wouldnt feel comfortable showering or sitting nude around other women. i have some nasty ingrown hairs at times i dont want people staring at my crotch. Why do men at the gym have to be on display for the pleasure of other men if they are straight and/or modest? That doesn't seem right.

17. invisibleman

Gold Member

Hey not showering at all is disgusting and unsanitary. But they have showers at home. I understand that.

Crotcheting is fun. It keeps me from wanting to bugger those cute Mormons that come to visit. Working out at home and showering afterwards is fun. I don't have to worry about others worrying that I am looking at them. I don't have to worry about getting athletes feet and/or jock itch (I have gotten a case of each at the public gym.) in my bathroom. I have a very clean bathroom. I can work out in peace. And to some decent music. Gym music sucks.

18. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not in the least. You can teach me crochet...Let's make a cover-all shower suit together.

But then again, you don't seem so uptight when it comes to posting your phallus in full erection for even my grandmother to see...

O the irony...

19. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Being naked for all to see on Thursday afternoon at my local gym is entirely different from flashing titties or cock on a website in mixed company where you can remain anonymous or look your best for your target audience.

20. milkyca

milkyca New Member

I'm sorry, but what the hell are you implying?

I'm all for letting people shower in whatever makes them feel comfortable. You seem to be suggesting that gay men who shower nude automatically sexualize the situation.

I think showering nude makes a certain amount of practical sense, I don't see what the big deal with nudity in the situation is. But don't mistake that for some gleeful desire on my part to see other naked guys. The locker room is simply the locker room, and I have no interest in using it as a meat market. Nor do the vast majority of gay men. People should be free to wear whatever they feel comfortable with showering, and they should have enough sense to recognize that the guy next to them isn't planning to molest them. Don't imply otherwise.

Draft saved Draft deleted