Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
OH you havent been here long enough to read all of the gym stories then. I'll give you a while to get acquainted before you assume. There is a real streak of gay men who do want to suck and fuck every straight man they can get their hands on and it seems that only gay men seem to truly not understand why a man might not feel comfortable naked in front of another man. It seems stupid to me that anyone wouldnt understand that some people have modesty issues.

I grew up being comfortably naked around my mother, it never dawned on me to respect the privacy of my same sex peers and i thought something was wrong with them for not feeling the same comfort i did being naked around them. Only after becoming a mother of a daughter did i understand that some people arent comfortable in naked in the presence of others.

Shawn777

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Swimming--It doesn't bother me if you're gonna wear a shirt in the pool, it just seems damn silly to me.

Showers--a speedo or a swim suit is fine. I go nude though and it makes me uncomfortable when people around me have clothes. All I can think when I see em is that they're gonna be taking it off anyways!

Suana--a towel around should be the norm unless it's coed, then something needs to be worn under the towel just because of liabilities. The whole point of a suana is to open up your pores, wearing shorts seems to be contradictory.

People should always wear shower shoes in the locker room though to prevent diseases from spreading

Last edited:

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Swimming--It doesn't bother me if you're gonna wear a shirt in the pool, it just seems damn silly to me.

For swimming on vacation, at either a hotel pool or beach I can usually get away with wearing a t-shirt wihtout any odd looks. It can actually help protect against the sun as water can magnify its rays and I've yet to find a sun cream which doesn't wash off(even the ones that claim otherwise).

In fact, a few years ago on a holiday in the south of Spain, I actually started a trend for others to wear shirts while swimming - there was a noticable change of numbers two weeks later. Oh, how proud I feel to enlighten some parents and make them nag their kids. :biggrin1:

As for swimming at a gym, health club etc. I tend to avoid that altogether now to be honest, as even if people wouldn't care about me swimming in it, I would still have to get changed in the locker rooms and shower topless which is somethign I'm not comfortable doing. :redface:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wear shorts in public showers because of penis insecurity.
I wear a t-shirt in public swimming pools/gyms because of gynecomastia insecurity.

It's nobodies business to judge me because of my psychogoical issues that they know neither the cause for, or severity of.
I don't want this to sound judgemental, handsome, because it's observation and nothing more: I've not seen you naked, but I've seen pictures. There's no basis for your insecurities... but I'm sure someone (!) has told you that already.

Again, I'm not making light of the fact that you are insecure. I'm just saying you are a beautiful young man with nothing to be ashamed of!

[/diatribe]

Back on topic, it's sad that people are raised to have such insecurities that they shower with their clothes on. It's sad that western culture bombards everyone from birth with body shame and unrealistic "norms."

Reactions: Touya90

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It really looks silly , but more and more guys at our gym is starting to shower with a speedo , or shorts. Some are now entering the steam room with t.shirt and shorts.

For real?!?!? Geez, how do they expect to be washed and cleaned then? :confused:

B_Austin Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
while i understand someone showering with speedos, swimsuit on after a swim, i don't understand someone fully dressed in a sauna - isn't that unhygenic? saunas are for sweating and sweating, who want's to stink of sweat and not to mention how the clothing is a breeding ground for bacteria to grow while in the sauna. a few years ago i kept getting infections under my foreskin while at the gym and i couldn't figure out why because i'm a very clean person. then a buddy told me that if you bring a towel in with you for a sauna, the germs will be all over the towel if you place it down etc while in there. it made sense to me, i was transferring the fungal infection from other people (athletes foot) to my crotch and my foreskin! yuck!

milkyca

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
OH you havent been here long enough to read all of the gym stories then. I'll give you a while to get acquainted before you assume. There is a real streak of gay men who do want to suck and fuck every straight man they can get their hands on and it seems that only gay men seem to truly not understand why a man might not feel comfortable naked in front of another man. It seems stupid to me that anyone wouldnt understand that some people have modesty issues.

I'm not making the assumptions. You are.

Obviously there are gay men who want to ogle naked men in the locker rooms. But there are also a number of straight men, at least judging from this site, who want to force others to not wear clothes when showering in public. But you're flat out stating that gay men are primarily interested in trying to fuck every visible guy they see in the locker room. And that is nothing but homophobic nonsense.

This topic has been discussed in great depth in other threads. I don't get why guys shower with their clothes on either and don't understand how they think they are geting clean (it must also be a real hassle to drag home sopping wet clothes as they are heavy and messy). We're all packing the same equipment after all. I actually saw a guy showering yesterday with his shorts AND a shirt on! Bizzaro. I get completely naked to get clean with the exception of rubber shower sandals to ward off athlete's foot. I've also started to notice guys working out in long pants - not sweat pants, actual pants! Is that to avoid changing at the gym? I think this modesty thing is getting out of control. What's next, a burka for men? :wink:

I'm sorry, but I'm old school. Showering with clothes on is ridiculous.

No need to apologize. I'm old school too. Even these shower stalls are ridiculous. I agree with you 100% - showering with clothes on is ridiculous and looks completely absurd. Kids today are such a mess with wierd hang-ups about nudity around their peers. :frown1:

dwall

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Seems strange, showering with clothes on, or the steam room, how do you get your equipment clean, sounds like a strange hang up to me, must be a self confidence problem, I'm not "gorgeous" but I shower naked and use the steam room naked.

FitLad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I always automatically assume they're trying to hide the fact that they have a small cock or else they're uncut and ashamed of their foreskins. Either way, I loudly give them my condolensces.

Why would they be ashamed of their foreskins, they are born that way unlike people that are cut, thats more of embarrassing.

People can do what ever they want, you or anyone else does not decide what people do, these people pay the same price to use the pool/gym etc so they can do want ever they want within reason and within the law.

Maybe some of these people are spooked about other men getting off looking at their cock, you dont know the reasons but again not anyone elses business but theirs.