showering...

blackcameron

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
hey, my first official post (outside the new member forums!). this forum looks pretty cool! cheers on a fine community that's been created here.

so I'm turning 21 in february and noticed a couple things. sometimes I head for a swim/work-out at my university shower and well there's usually 10-15 guys around. I look relatively young, I've got a medium build on me. not *hot* looking. then again I do notice once in a while guys sneaking a peak at my size. I'm 7.5x5 (is that how you guys are displaying sizes??? heightxgirth?). I'm wondering if you guys get uncomfortable with that? people staring? I'm really not used to it. I mean when there's a relatively hot guy (I'm bi btw) I don't mind. sometimes I'll feel a little bad that I'm standing there.

I've noticed myself hiding my size a lot more. there are some really well built guys that are in the showers, really intimidating ones, that I can sense feel jealous. I don't think I should be ashamed it's just that I can't help it.

so the question is should I hide it for the sake of feeling in place? I can always shower with my trunks on I guess.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I think you've got a great bod, FWIW.

No, I don't think you should hide yourself. Just don't make an obvious display, at least until you become more comfortable.

Wear a towel till you're in the shower room.

Dress without making a great display. But don't hide. That's humiliating.

You won't have any problems.

And really, at 21 (as you will soon be), you're no longer exactly young in a university setting.

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some guys peek.
If you are at all self conscious guys seem to peek more to find out what youre shy about.
Unless you hang 7.5 soft or are sporting wood in the shower they probably arent having pangs of jealousy.
Peek and let peek.
Shower and get it over with. You may be reading a lot into what really isnt there.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Are you kidding??
If the pictures are of you...

DUDE you have a nice body - NOTHING to be ashamed of.
If there are bigger (muscles or cock) guys in there, so what.
Theyre probably thining 'Damn he's young and built nice already, much moreso than I was at his age"

Try being Genetically overweight and showering with a ton of muscular guys.

You got it made.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
No matter who you are or what you think of yourself, somebody somewhere appreciates something about you. In the lockerroom/shower it may very well be your package that is admired.

Take it as a compliment and move on.

gprent

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Seems to me you are looking at them as much as they are looking at you. :wink:

smoothrnb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Don't worry about others admiring your body. Start worrying when they stop...:biggrin1: Seriously, people tend to "compare" themselves by looking at the others. It's just part of being human. Enjoy the admiration...:wink:

blackcameron

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Thanks guys.

The bed shot is well...on a bad, the solar plex area always looks slicker lying down. You'll see standing up that I'm MILDLY flabby in spots. There are some guys that - damn, just have that look. I'm trying hard to get there now...

Thanks for the encouragement - I don't think I'll let them bother me but it's hard.

Yeah I do look, I'll admit it easily - I'm human and what can I say: I admire beauty in both sexes. Each provides their own flavor. ;-)

jordanj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh to be fricken 'mildly flabby' ;-)

Hun, you have no worries. If they like what they see then it's all good as long as they don't make passes and you don't tell them to go away and raise your fist, or... well, some of the things people have had happen to them on college campuses as shown on this forum...

Shower in your trunks??

Cameron man, you've got a smoking body. Seriously. If you stay as hung as you are in that flaccid pic, then believe me, the other guys are envious.

How do I know?

My third year of boarding school, beginning of the year, lot of new students coming in and our dorm had the dreaded gang showers. When I first started school I was terrified of them but I had no choice so I got used to it. Now it's nothing. However, the first morning of the new term I get-up, go down to the showers and it's the usual group. Lot of us have grown over the summer and we're all talking and checking-out each other's new bods. Not in an obvious way mind you, but very subtly. Lot of hair washing :D . So anyway we're showering, enjoying the endless unrestricted hot water flow from the antique plumbing fixtures, and in walks Max. Max is definitely MAX. He was the only guy who rinsed his hair by tilting his head back rather than forward. It's situations like this that are made for the word, "cocky." Max is tall, not particularly great looking, but he had the biggest dick in school and liked to show it off.

So we're still talking and all, the new kids are acting all uncomfortable and strange but soon relax when they realize they're not going to be sodomized or ridiculed. And then in walked Josh. Josh was a new kid. Josh was short, slight (even scrawny), had bad acne and greasy hair. He was a sophomore, fresh out of the freshman kennels (which have private showers). He walks over to the only open shower, drops his towel and starts the water.

Now guys, being guys, even the most straight of guys, can't help but peek. It's a primordial thing from the caveman days. We can't help but compare ourselves to the competition in every way we can.

Immediately the tension in the showerroom goes up a few notches. Davey's standing next to me and he just barely, very scarcely, ever so carefully, motions his head over to where Josh is standing so I, just as barely, scarecely, ever so carefully, begin to move my head to catch a look at Josh. Did he bring his rubber ducky? His he wearing underwear? Does he have 3 nuts?

No.

Josh is packin'. Josh is packin' SO much that you couldn't help but do a double-take. It's all there. There's just a lot of there there. There's so much there that's it like a cane, a baton, a vaccuum cleaner wand, a saguarro. Josh is hung LARGE and he's not hiding it, not phased a bit. He starts showering and as soon as he closes his eyes EVERYONE looks at each other with WTF? faces. Max was pissed. He didn't say anything, didn't do anything noticable, but you could feel it. He grabbed his stuff and walked out quickly. I finish up, trying everything I can to stifle my laughter, practically running out of there with the towel around my waist, got to my room and started laughing my ass off. Davey stopped by and was like, "I don't believe what I just saw. I just don't believe it. He could use that for baseball practice."

Later in the lounge Josh wasn't there but of course everyone started talking about it. We were all laughing, and so was Max, but all he could say was, "I don't believe it! That little slug is bigger than I am! What does he need all that for? It's not like it's going get used [ed note: oh yeah it did!]." We were so busy talking about what it that nobody noticed Josh standing in the doorway, just taking it all in. Luddington saw him, "Uh, hi Josh!" Max just stopped and we all looked at Josh. Max turned red and the rest of just sat there like the dopey high school kids we were.

Josh, standing straight with a slightly smug look, just smiled.

FYI, later on I would discover that he was 9" and hung just nearly that soft. I like Josh, he's a cool guy and I admire how he handled himself given all the commentary. He's one of the people who introduced me to a lot of great punk bands I'd never heard of. He was sensitive, wry, considerate, and always confident. That's what I remember about my friend Josh. Josh the guy I showered with, yeah, I remember his dick, but so what? I like my friend Josh better.

You aren't scrawny Cam, you don't appear to be greasy, short and pimpley either. But you are hung. Enjoy the admiration and don't worry.

And never shower in your trunks. That's being a pussy. It's breaking a major guy rule.

blackcameron

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't really hang out a lot at any particular place. I'm more of a home (study), gum (work-out) sleep type. Boozing up, partying isn't in my blood I guess you could say - haha.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Wait a few more months and I'll she you the new improved Cam. ;-)