Showering...

Do you use a Clean/Fresh/Un-used towel and washcloth everytime you shower?

• Yes, I use a fresh towel and washcloth everytime I shower.

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • I don't reuse washcloths, but I do reuse the towel

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • I don't reuse the towel, but I do reuse the washcloth

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Of course I reuse both!

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • I like to air dry and shower in one of those showers like they have in the Sims

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ephoe28

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Alright, I kno this is COMPLETELY random, but I just started my freshman year and I just realized that I am the ONLY person I know who uses a clean/fresh/new towel and washcloth everytime I take a shower. Am I the only one?!:confused: I've always used a fresh one and my whole family does...

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I reuse both. I think that it's a bit of a waste to keep using a fresh towel especially since you're clean when you used it the first time! The wash cloth can be debatable. There are times when I'll use one once and then get a new one. Plus on the practical side of things, I don't have enough towels and washcloths to use a new one every time I shower especially since there are some days when I shower twice a day.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think wash cloths are fucking stupid. They are one more item to wash, and they get smelly after only a few uses. You don't use a wash cloth when you wash your hands, do you? Yet the hands are surely the part of your body most in need of scrubbing. I don't have filth caked on my skin, so why should I need to use a cloth to clean it? I find that soapy hands do the job just fine.

I use the wash cloth all over. There are some parts of my back which are a pain in the ass to reach so I just use a wash cloth to get it nice and soapy. Great for between toes, butt crack, and ears too. The slight abrasiveness of the terry gently exfoliates.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't use a washcloth. I reuse the towel I dry with for at least a week, until the next time I do laundry. I think it's extremely wasteful (not only of water, but of gas and/or electricity) to change towels more often than that, plus I see no reason to do so. Towels will also last longer and need to be replaced less often if you don't wash them too often.

I travel on business 2 or 3 times a year, and most hotels I stay at participate in a towel & linen reuse program, such as the ones sponsored by the American Public Health Association and Project Planet. There's a sign or notice in the room letting guests know how much water and energy is wasted washing towels, plus adding detergent to the environment. Then it instructs you to hang your towel if you reuse it, or to leave your towel on the floor or in the tub if you want it replaced.

Interesting, I read a report on the success of the towel reuse program, and it turns out that guests who used an American Express card reused their towels significantly less often than guest who used a MasterCard or Visa. I guess being environmentally irresponsible is one of the privileges that come with AmEx membership.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I never use a washcloth. Too much friction dries out my skin.

I use the towel for about a week. Less in the winter because they don't dry as quickly and moist towels during wet weather are breeding grounds for yuckies!

It's very wasteful to use a towel only once. All that energy that goes into washing and drying them! Plus, the more you wash them the faster they wear out and cotton, unless it's organically grown, is very harmful to the environment.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't use a washcloth. That's what mommies use to not touch your private parts.
As an adult I use just soap like the TV ads show.

Plus, do you know how much bacteria can grow on a warm, wet washcloth?

Ephoe28

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Wow guys *nd girls* thanks for all the responses. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who uses a new one everytime. However, I decided before I even posted this poll that I was going to start reusing my towels, and I'd like to say it's entirely because I want to conserve energy, but honestly, in college I just don't have time to keep doing my laundry.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use the wash cloth all over. There are some parts of my back which are a pain in the ass to reach so I just use a wash cloth to get it nice and soapy. Great for between toes, butt crack, and ears too. The slight abrasiveness of the terry gently exfoliates.
EEEK! :eek: My nana taught me to use 2 washcloths as a child. One for face, one for body. It was considered unhygenic to wash your face with the same washcloth used to wash your feet and butttocks. We got new washcloths every day; but towels were re-used for a few days.

Nowadays I use one on those tulle poofy things like MercurialBliss, towels get changed every other day.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They get re used, unless I'm in a place (like Florida) where because of the humidity they don't dry between one day and the next. Over frequent laundry is wasteful.

EEEK! :eek: My nana taught me to use 2 washcloths as a child. One for face, one for body. It was considered unhygenic to wash your face with the same washcloth used to wash your feet and butttocks.

Shush silly! :biggrin1: I don't use it more than once before washing and guess which part of my body I wash LAST??

Towels I reuse.