1. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    How often should someone shower?

I shower two to three times a day. I shower in the morning, and at night before going to bed, but if I workout in the afternoon, I shower after that.

My friends have commented on me showering so often, and for long periods of time. My showers last up to 30 minutes while they're in the shower for 10 minutes.

2. crescendo69

Gold Member

That is a lot of water. I shower once a day here, unless there is a work-out or heavy labor involved during the day. If I have showered in the evening, I may not shower the next morning, as I am not a heavy sweater. My showers last 10 minutes or less, except after a workout at the gym or pool, when I want to relax the muscles.

3. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I think once a day is enough.

I do not have a shower in my home because i cannot afford to have one fitted so i have to implement an annoying regime to stay clean. I have a bath twice a week, i flannel bath at the sink on other days and i always wash my backside after going to the toilet, my hands are washed three times daily on average. I would love to have a shower in my home, i prefer them but i doubt i would feel the need to shower more than once a day unless i was going out on a date.

4. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
  5. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

3 times a week. More when it's warm.

6. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    Why does it seem like I'm just wasting water? lol

7. YoungHungMachine

I shower 2 times a day, 3 times if its after working out. All my showers are under 10 minutes, normally around 5...

Yes I get clean. Ive been showering for a long ass time, I got it down to a system.

8. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    Okay I'm not the only one who showers two to three times a day. :)

What's you're system to have it down to 5 minutes?

9. castlo

castlo New Member

Once a day. Its ideal. You shouldnt shower more than once...

10. bthegreat

bthegreat Member

Albums:
    Why not?

11. kai028

kai028 New Member

I sweat a lot. And I'm keenly aware of personal hygiene. I shower at least once a day, often twice, and sometimes three times. I can't stand being dirty or stinky. I feel like I'm doing the general public out there a favor by being scrupulously clean.

12. D_EdgarAllenPooh

D_EdgarAllenPooh New Member

shower once a day before work then wash cock balls ass & pits 1-2 additional times a day as needed I use 2 wash colthes & 2 towles to dry off 1 thick fluffy colored for hair face upper body & legs 1 white for cock balls ass & feet to prevent jock itch & athletes foot
    10 min shower 5 min to dry off

13. castlo

castlo New Member

Its not healthy.

If you shower more than once the in only of the showers you use soap and shampoo...

If you shower like 3 times and you only use the soap and shampoo in one of those times then its ok...

14. YoungHungMachine

Turn water on
    Make sure water is warm
    Get in
    Get wet
    Get the curly hair wet(takes a bit)
    Make sure entire body is wet
    Soap it up
    (only every other day) Use shampoo and conditioner
    Rinse
    Get out

15. crescendo69

Gold Member

When I was young, my dad used to tell me my showers were too long and I was wasting water amd running up the electric bill as well for hot water. These things aren't free, though some locations tend to have more droughts than others. My landlord recently added a $15 surcharge to our rent to help cover the rising water bill, though that was mainly due to all the repairs being done to the old systems in our town. So I don't really know the average cost of a 10 minute shower, but it may surprise you to find out how much money you can save in a year by cutting the time in half.

The gym I use often is with the University, which has its own steam plant to heat the water, so I don't feel quite as guity taking long showers there.

16. leenyc97

leenyc97 Member

Albums:
    Three showers a day is a lot. But you're in Texas and it's summer, so maybe three is not to many showers if one of them is in fact the shower after your work out.

30 minute showers are long and wasteful, with respect to energy, water (remember you're in Texas and its summer, you're supposed to be rationing water or at least conserving) and time. Really an hour and a half each day in the shower? Don't you have better things to do?

If you shower three times a day in the cooler months, then the answer is yes. It is too much. It actually sounds compulsive and not normal, maybe you should mention this to your doctor.

17. mattsrod7

Gold Member

Albums:
    I shower twice a day, when I wake up and before I go to bed. This way I go to bed every night clean so my bed is always clean, and I take one in the morning to wake up and get the day started. My showers last about 3-5 minutes each. Just enough to get in, shampoo, body rinse and rinse. I found if I shave every morning and night it only takes a few moments to stay clean shaven rather than wait every couple days.

18. BigNakedDad1

BigNakedDad1 Member

Albums:
    I shower in the morning after working out. Then I shower before bed. I like to go to bed clean.

19. Wish-4-8

Gold Member

30 minutes 2-3 times a day? You must look like a raisin. That has got to be bad for the skin unless you moisterize with some skin lotion afterwards.

Once a day for me, approx 10 minutes. Twice if I work out.

20. kai028

kai028 New Member

I said that I shower sometimes three times a day, but never for thirty minutes! For me, that's a LONG shower. Generally it takes me five to ten minutes, depending on whether or not I'm washing my hair while I'm in there. Sometimes I shave in the shower as well, so that takes extra time, but it's rare.

My roommate has a disability resulting from a back injury, and he sometimes takes VERY long showers (over two hours, sometimes!) to get some heat therapy on his back. But he only does that about every two weeks or so.

Draft saved Draft deleted