Showers

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
sometimes the chlorine in the pool is heavy so not unusual to see guys walk in with there swimtrunks on...to rinse/wash them, strip down and walk out naked...

I shower in my jock to rinse it then let it drip dry in the locker so it's "fresh" for next time.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I agree, I don't know about Catholic guilt but about 95% of the time if there is a guy shower in his underwear, the guy is Latino, and likely a newly immigrated to the USA Latino. The ironic thing is, that I sometimes see Latino guys at the beach in their underwear in public.

That being said, I saw a white guy with a huge bulge at the gym yesterday but he too showered in his undies and I didn't get to see it.

How the fuck can a guy shower IN HIS UNDERWEAR???

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I'm just gonna say that the current problems/issues facing our society both domestic and abroad are completely insignificant compared to the problems men have in locker rooms. If we can get men to ease up, get naked, jock up, workout, and jack off together in the locker room, all the other problems will resolve themselves.
So there!

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen Mexican nationals at the gym I worked out in shower in their underwear. There were these 2 brothers, one showered nude and the other wore his underwear while showering. A couple of their buddies also kept their underwear on. So not all Mexican nationals drop their underwear to shower.

sergislowcum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is absolutely astounding. Who the fuck showers in their underwear? As has been said many times, it's bound to attract MORE attention, not less.
Drives me crazy.

Where does this happen? I keep hearing about this, but I've rarely ever see guys showering in clothing (with the exception of swimmers about to enter the pool). Is it an America thing? I believe it happens; I just never see it.

I was naked in the showers in London a month back when a guy walks in from the pool dripping wet with shorts down past his knees and a tee shirt with long sleeves on.

I asked him if he was training for life saving but he said it was because of his religion.

He then started to soap up - without taking anything off (quite difficult)

He explained that it was a sin for any part of his body to be exposed in public from his belly button to his knees. He was also there as it was a men only night - it was forbidden for him to swim with women.

I asked him about how soldiers in a war could keep clean and he said they got special dispensation. If there was a war on the could see each others belly buttons and not go straight to purgatory. Handy.

I think it would be fun to invent a religion with special rules - eg No eating salami on Saturday, all pubic hair must be dyed purple on the 2nd Tuesday of alternate months and see how many people signed up.....

Last edited:

I was naked in the showers in London a month back when a guy walks in from the pool dripping wet with shorts down past his knees and a tee shirt with long sleeves on.

I asked him if he was training for life saving but he said it was because of his religion.

He then started to soap up - without taking anything off (quite difficult)

He explained that it was a sin for any part of his body to be exposed in public from his belly button to his knees. He was also there as it was a men only night - it was forbidden for him to swim with women.

I asked him about how soldiers in a war could keep clean and he said they got special dispensation. If there was a war on the could see each others belly buttons and not go straight to purgatory. Handy.

I think it would be fun to invent a religion with special rules - eg No eating salami on Saturday, all pubic hair must be dyed purple on the 2nd Tuesday of alternate months and see how many people signed up.....

Sounds like he was a Muslim. I remember seeing the same in the open shower from a Muslim guy after he finished swimming fully clothed. After he finished in the shower, he erected a tent with a large towel by using 2 lockers in the corner to get changed behind. I complained to the lifeguard about the hygiene of him swimming fully clothed. I don't agree with it at all. God only knows where those clothes have been before they entered the pool. If this makes me an insensitive bigot, then so be it. Their religion doesn't automatically trump everyone else's right to swim in a pool that is free of filth.

The one thing that really amazed me was that when this Muslim guy was joined by a couple of other Muslim guys (also fully clothed) in the open shower, they couldn't keep their eyes off me as I was showering in the open completely naked like I always do and flat out refuse to change for anyone! They didn't look offended, but if they were, then they don't have to look at me showering naked, and they can stay the fuck out of the shower and locker room! The last time I checked, I wasn't living in an Islamic state. Pandering to minorities by bleeding heart Liberals pisses me right off. After all, when in Rome...

Last edited by a moderator:

drewww

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've seen a lot of guys be sensitive, and change with a towel over their junk or just do it real quick after the towel drops.. walk to and from the shower with a towel, but never seen anyone showering in underwear. I guess after games when you have to shower the sensitive guys who would normally just not shower have no choice.

It's too bad, I feel totally comfortable showering in front of people, and I imagine it's healthy to feel that way. You should just lead by example and shower confidently, haha.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The "Any nudity = wrong" idea does seem to be prevalent in the US.
I wonder where these ideas of same sex nudity being wrong come from in the US? Is it specific to a particular religious group?

In answer to your second question, no.

As to the first, many of us always assumed it was victorian attitudes from our British origins. I don't suppose we'd have these body issues if America had been a Swedish or German colony.

Now it seems weird that you uptight Brits have moved on to nudity on TV whilst we're still stuck in "that's terribly wicked and immoral" mode. The new American puritans have unrealistic ideals about all aspects of life, and it seems to me that one is that there is no reason you should ever see a member of the same sex nude, and only one member of the opposite sex -- on your wedding night.

xenon-naturist

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've seen Mexican nationals at the gym I worked out in shower in their underwear. There were these 2 brothers, one showered nude and the other wore his underwear while showering. A couple of their buddies also kept their underwear on. So not all Mexican nationals drop their underwear to shower.

Good on the guy who showered nude when his bro and buds were there in their underwear !

sergislowcum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally Posted by sergislowcum

The "Any nudity = wrong" idea does seem to be prevalent in the US.
I wonder where these ideas of same sex nudity being wrong come from in the US? Is it specific to a particular religious group?

In answer to your second question, no.

As to the first, many of us always assumed it was Victorian attitudes from our British origins. I don't suppose we'd have these body issues if America had been a Swedish or German colony.

Now it seems weird that you uptight Brits have moved on to nudity on TV whilst we're still stuck in "that's terribly wicked and immoral" mode. The new American puritans have unrealistic ideals about all aspects of life, and it seems to me that one is that there is no reason you should ever see a member of the same sex nude, and only one member of the opposite sex -- on your wedding night.

I don't think our beloved British Queen Vic has much to do with current US puritan values - its well documented that up to the mid 1970's male nudity in sports in the US was seen as acceptable and often mandatory in situations that today would result in teachers going to jail eg High school swimming for boys.

I think puritanism has arrived more recently from elsewhere or is home grown.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think our beloved British Queen Vic has much to do with current US puritan values - its well documented that up to the mid 1970's male nudity in sports in the US was seen as acceptable and often mandatory in situations that today would result in teachers going to jail eg High school swimming for boys.

I think puritanism has arrived more recently from elsewhere or is home grown.

Was it not before Queen Victoria's time that the Pilgrims left England for the New World? I seem to recall it was somewhere in Queen Elizabeth's reign that they left - the Puritans in the Mayflower and all.

As for present day US puritan values etc., I would say it is a revival of the "olde" days, and certainly a massive swing from the late 60's and early '70's free sex/hippie days.

punk09

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Was it not before Queen Victoria's time that the Pilgrims left England for the New World? I seem to recall it was somewhere in Queen Elizabeth's reign that they left - the Puritans in the Mayflower and all.

As for present day US puritan values etc., I would say it is a revival of the "olde" days, and certainly a massive swing from the late 60's and early '70's free sex/hippie days.

That would be during the reign of King James I of England, hence Jamestown as an initial settlement.

The US is currently experiencing a period of economic transformation and that both scares people into more reactionary politics through fear of insecurity but those trying to manage that transformation for their own benefit intentionally stoke those fears for political and economic gain.

manofatlanta

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I live in Atlanta, GA USA. Although deep in the Bible Belt, Atlanta has a "little" bit more liberal attitude than surrounding areas due to its size and, I presume, very large gay population. I belong to a health club called LA Fitness. I am amazed at the puritanical attitude of people in the locker room. Personally, I don't give a flyin' flip who sees me naked. But at the club I typically attend, guys will take off their sweaty work out clothes and immediately wrap their clean towel around themselves before heading to the showers. I've also seen people showering in their underwear as well, and we're talking about private shower stalls with curtains!!

Now, at the club in the predominately gay area of town, the locker room is like a social club, guys hanging out (literally) on a Friday evening talking about this and that. The difference in attitudes is comical.

cliftoncock

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
interesting thread. in the UK i have NEVER seen a guy in underwear or swimwear in the communal showers at a gym. it's totally bonkers, if you think about it...

B_smooth_7

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I lived in Prague for 16 years and never saw anyone shower in any closing whatsoever. Same in Berlin, Vienna, Paris, Budapest and other cities I've visited. Showers are almost always wide open. Guys are just open about this. I've even seen guys in department stores try on pants in the middle of the men's department without going to the changing area. Just drop their pants, try on the pants they're thinking of buying and then changing back. It doesn't get much more open than that. Here, I've seen guys take their bag to the shower, get in and toss out their shorts, shower and towel off and then change into their street clothes IN THE SHOWER. What's happened to men in America?

Reactions: 11235

Sam46

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think that the American public is so dumb and uninformed that it believes you can contract HIV if someone stares at your dick. Hence the supermodesty in the showers and locker rooms; has nothing to do with puritanism.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I lived in Prague for 16 years and never saw anyone shower in any closing whatsoever. Same in Berlin, Vienna, Paris, Budapest and other cities I've visited. Showers are almost always wide open. Guys are just open about this. I've even seen guys in department stores try on pants in the middle of the men's department without going to the changing area. Just drop their pants, try on the pants they're thinking of buying and then changing back. It doesn't get much more open than that. Here, I've seen guys take their bag to the shower, get in and toss out their shorts, shower and towel off and then change into their street clothes IN THE SHOWER. What's happened to men in America?

Dunno. I did like the cut-rate men's dept store where the changing room was just one big room, not individ stalls. Loved that.

rockncock91

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have a problem showering nude. done it in HS, done it in boot camp and still do it at the gym on base at lunch. not a show off but not embarrassed either. its totally normal

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dunno. I did like the cut-rate men's dept store where the changing room was just one big room, not individ stalls. Loved that.

LOL Syms! Was bummed when they went out of business a year ago. And yeah, in the men's suit department you just changed with everyone else in a very big room, with benches and hooks. The room had no door, just a curtain. Not a good option for those who tend to go commando, or at least I never saw any.