Showing too Much

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by mrlumpy, Jan 22, 2007.

1. mrlumpy

mrlumpy Member

I went to buy some flat front dress pants yesterday and they all showed way more package than I would like for business. The sales woman told me with what I had, I should wear pleated pants. I think that was kind of a complement, but doesn't solve my problem. Any suggestions on different underwear? I usually wear pouch briefs - I like to keep everything up and out - and I have fairly big balls so I don't like to wear boxers.

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    show your package and be proud.......try mundo unico pouch boxer briefs..theyre lycra and will hold everything in place...and besides,pleated pants make you look fat

3. Mtight

Mtight New Member

Yes. Pleated pants flatter no one, at least not pleated pants made today. Back in 40's (see old movies) pleated pants wear tailored well. I don't know if Men's Warehouse deals with this type of issue on a regular basis. Yet another reason not to have a chick wait on you in the Menswear department, in addition to her not knowing about pleats re: slacks. Egads! I am not an expert on the rise of pants/slacks, but am wondering if that would help in getting a longer rise? Anyone else know?

Final opinion, I say go for flat front and don't worry about your package. Wear what is comfortable.

4. Davidsox

Davidsox New Member

Never be afraid to show what you got, it brightens up my day no end to see a guy showing his tackle off, no matter how ugly he is :32:

5. mrlumpy

mrlumpy Member

The the feeling seems to be it's ok to show? Not sure I like the idea of having everything pushed out and on display when I'm working. Of course, not sure how to avoid it. I my casual observation, most men don't show anything.

6. viewfromthetop1

viewfromthetop1 New Member

Albums:
    show it! pleated pants are a definite fashin don't! that sales person has no idea what she's talkin about.

7. mrlumpy

mrlumpy Member

Is showing a man with big bulge while working the same as a woman showing cleavage at work? It's great at night, but not so good during the day?

8. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

I echo boxer briefs. If you're hung, flat fronts with the wrong underwear are a little obscene :biggrin1: .

9. Caliman

Caliman Member

If you want to look professional and you feel self conscious about showing a bulge, you can consider flat fronts that have a deeper rise and wear the boxer briefs. If the underwear doesn't keep everything under control, then GOOD pants / slacks with only one pleat that points to the sideseam is professional and still stylish. Dark colors only. Don't ever wear pleated pants that have the pleats pointing in towards center. These are the ones that can look bad. If you don't feel you look good at work then take care of the situation.

On the weekends or after work, you wear your regular boxers and your flat fronts or jeans and let everying thing swing around to go where it wants. Its your obligation.

10. mrlumpy

mrlumpy Member

Here's a quick update on the bulge saga. Over the weekend I got some flat front boxer briefs and then went to a better men's store to shop for pants. I started with flat fronts and then on the advice of the salesman, tried some single pleat. The flats still showed quite a bit of package - even with the new undies so I settled on the pleats. The tailor made my day when he said "your sausage and meat balls are too big for the flat pants."

11. buddy629

buddy629 Member

Albums:
    NEVER...I mean....NEVER wear pleated pants. They make thin guys look fat and fat guys look fatter. They are so out of style that it sould be a CRIME that they are still being sold. Like skrunchies, and stirrup pants, and tapered legs on pants. Such a fuckin' fashion mess. Stop the madness!

You could try boxer briefs, or boxers. The allow you to hang, insted of pushing your bulge out front, so it's less obvious. OR try tighty whities, wear them so they are more fited and less loose. You have so many options with how you cradle your cock in your pants.

Also, you could try wearing them one size larger in the waistline, so that they hang lower on your hips. Not so low they are falling off though. Just one size up. This can help too.

Hey, if you look like your filling out your pants well in the 'cock area', then by all means be VERY proud. It's a breath of fresh air sometimes to be working all day and see a well dressed man who can fill out a pair of pants. Almost like iced tea on a summertime sunday afternoon. Ahhh.

12. mrlumpy

mrlumpy Member

OK. So I have some pride in being able to fill out my pants. I tried flat front briefs and decided that I'd rather show off than feel like my boys were being crushed all day. Don't worry, I still look like a thin guy with a big package in my new pants. It's a nice show for all to see.

13. NCLA

NCLA Member

Albums:
    Professional people shouldn't even be paying attention to that.

14. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    You would have to kick my ass and hold me down to get me to wear pleated pants... but if Kimbo Slice said "Put Em On Bitch!" I would...

15. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with NCLA. If you're in a professional environment, you shouldn't have to worry about people making statements about your blessed appearance in public. Just sit back and watch the onslaught of desperate women and men ask you to reach things on the high shelf.

16. Hung Low in Thiva

Hung Low in Thiva New Member

If you are that concerned about professional looks, then invest the money in tailored pants.

17. wristthickxl

wristthickxl Active Member

Albums:
    Sorry but can someone explain to me what flat front boxers are exactly?

I disagree with some of the posters here.....I wear boxers and regardless of the pants I wear, one can often see the outline of my penis...which I find mortifying at work...I've seen some people looking at it...

Thus I'm interested in these flat front boxers....

18. SilverSoldier

SilverSoldier New Member

If you're not comfortable showing, then don't show. It's as simple as that. People who purposely show are trying to do more than business, and quite frankly, you'll lose clients by the truck load in serious business, and attract everything but business.

But to each his own. Some people manage to make their business a "show" if you catch my drift, and it's usually game playing.

Draft saved Draft deleted