shrinkage

dhq412: hi!

i found out that my other threads I started were basic repeats of others, so I searched the forum this time, and it turned up (basically) nothing :)

I was just wondering how much shrinkage affected guys who are hung? Does it drastically change the size or is it just a small (realtive) amount that it changes?

Thanks,
dhq

chipster: I don't experience much shrinkage due to temperature or other external factors. I don't change size very much from soft to hard either, approx 5" to 7.75" is my full range. I'm either soft-and-floppy or hard-and- floppy. It doesn't shrink-up or stand-up. :)

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
dhq412,

This is an interesting topic.  You're right--it's a "new" one for this particular version of the lpsg---I had started the same "themed" topic last year on the former lpsg whereby I mentioned the Seinfeld episode and poor George Costanza and his "major shrinkage" problem after swimming. (I had asked other members to share their similar stories)  'Great you brought this back.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I think you (and the others at appx. average size or so) can be relieved to know that ALL men usually experience some shrinkage (beyond typical flaccid size) in certain conditions as from swimming and extreme cold.  That degree of shrinkage varies of course (like everything else with the penis)
For me, I usually "hang" flaccid between 6 to 7" but can "shrink up" to about 4 1/2 " to 5" if certain conditions.
prevail.  I can recall the shrinkage factor as well when I have been suddenly "scared out of my wits" for whatever reason...near miss accidents in traffic, running from danger, etc.  Shrinkage is a natural male body phenomenon designed (apparently) around the body's built-in defense to control body temperature of the genitals...makes sense as the scrotum skin (which connects to the penile skin--duh!) all contracts as needed--especially in response to changing temperature.  (Sperm must be maintained at a certain body temperature and the body is designed for this!)
In other "responses" of the scrotum skin; even nearing climax in sexual activity, a lot of men notice the scrotum pulls up tighter to the abdomen (sometimes whereby one or both testicles briefly "disappear" up into the body cavity.)  --It's all amazing stuff-- how our bodies are designed and how they work!

ORCABOMBER: I agree with Benderten, we all have some shrinkage, not to mention weather induced, for me, just wearing tight underwear is a prob! :D

josh82823: I shrink a whole lot sometimes - at times looks like i shrink down to 2-3 inches, especially when swimming or it's really cold! I am bout 9.5 hard, which no one would ever believe if they saw me all shriveled up lol. :eek:

Donk: I normally hang about 7". The smallest I have ever seen it shrink to is about 5". When I am warm and relaxed, it can stretch out to 8" or more. (It is 11" hard.)

mr17yearold: benderten, u make some good points...when im about to cum, my right testicle pulls up and under the skin...looks really weird.... if i want, i can push it back out, but it doesnt really bother me... the left one stays hangin... anyways... i was wondering if anyone else gets really big when they've been holding a piss or shit in for a long time... like 30 min to and hour... i get to at least 5.5"-6" soft... its weird, when im normally 4"-4.5" soft and 8 3/4"x6" hard... does this happen to any to anyone else?

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
mr17yearold:

I think what you described is typically normal for many of us....I can't speak whether your cited instance "2" causes ME to notice more hang, but I know when I have put-off urinating for quite a while, I do seem to have more flaccid length....although probably not that much.

I read long ago in suggestions on how to "show as much soft length as possible" in a locker room / shower scenario that you should delay urinating until the very last just before you are ready to get dressed and leave.  (So, obviously, you and I are not the only ones aware of this "body quirk" are we?)

I can't speak of the physiological  reasons for all of this...but apparently,  there indeed is some kind of "connection".   As to urine retention, urine is collected way up in the body cavity via the bladder; so I don't believe it's a matter of urine collecting in the urethra/penile shaft thereby adding weight to cause more flaccid hang.  Although that would make for a quick logical explanation; I don't think it's the case. Or, (perhaps) the additional "hang" is indeed associated with the response of the urethra (tube exiting the bladder thru the penile shaft) that's increasingly aware of the growing "pressure" that it's about to be needed  to function and void the bladder of all that urine.(?)

I'm guessing  here, admittedly, but, it's more than likely related to (perhaps) the urethral response I noted  AND the complexity of nerves and associated responses "all down there" which ultimately contributes to what you and I have observed. And of course, changes in the tension of both skin, internal muscles, and ligaments in and around that whole general body area play into how the genitals "hang" from time to time.

interestingly.... this final side-line note I'll mention:

'Just take Rx medication for muscle relaxation sometime (as I have done for back problems many occasions in my life) --BOY!  Talk about "hanging" !!
I could have used a jock-strap just for lying in bed! :D

da_blissmachine: i am actually grateful for shrinkage after swimming because it looks liek everyone else's in locker room does normally so they just figure i do not have shrinkage. prevents from standing out.... like i do when i change into suit before swiming :-/

mr17yearold: about the number 2 thing, its only when im on a road trip and i have to use that same muscle i have to use when trying not to piss myself....

quote..."but dad, im prairie doggin' it"
(rat race, the little girl)

Td0t: I get that urine thing too. Sometimes, when I whip it out after a holding pee for a while I have a really long soft, thick flaccid. Then as I pee, it shrivels to 1/2 the size right before my eyes. It is not as soft and spongy as it was either. I always thought that was the weirdest thing.

I'm glad I'm not alone. :-/

ORCABOMBER: I get that urine thing as well, altough does any of you need to take a piss after coming? ???