Shut up Lindsay & John!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mensch1351, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    I am so sick and tired of listening to Lindsay Graham & John McCain tell the country that bi-partisanship consists of "do it our way or else." For those 6 years when the Repubs were in charge we heard NOTHING of fiscal responsibility and GW vetoed NOTHING! But now........oh yes......we don't want to burden future generations, etc.

I just wonder if the Repubs were STILL in charge by the same majorities the Democrats have whether or not they would have continued to pander to the wealthy and business and left the little guy in the lurch.......you think NOT??? Well ---- why was this NOT on their agenda when they had the chance??? No increase in minimum wage until the Democrats took charge --- Repubs (well.....it just wasn't on our agenda!!) I wonder if Exxon will still have its hand out for its annual 4 billion in Government welfare!

This whole business of Republican fiscal responsibility is the biggest show of hypocrisy ever pulled on the American people and pray God we have learned and become smarter. The Democrats aren't perfect by any means ---- but at this time -- in this crucial time, I for ONE am damned happy that THEY are in charge. Hundreds of billions for Iraq all these years and now we're gonna squabble of what's being spent on US!

The GOP -- the Grand OBSTRUCTIONIST Party! You see -- we're just not interested in YOUR plan..........we had that for 8 years!!

So shut up Lindsay --- your man lost
    Shut up John -- you didn't win!
    The American people will decide whether or not THIS President is in their corner!!

2. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wait till Star Investor sees this one...

3. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

exactly. this has been the republican way as far back as i can remember politics. when they have the majority its screw you working class, and America. but when they are the minority its oh please lets work this out together LOL. they want to work together to clean up the mess they created. well where have they been for the last 8 yrs? that we should work together bull crap they cry all the time makes me sick. republicans dont give a rat's ass about this country or its people, clearly the past administration made that clear. at least the working poor. yes i said the working poor no thanks to the past 8 Republican yrs, by the way, mite as least get respect. that is worth something. republicans have never gave working class nothing but hard times and create more poverty. an yes i expect to get some bashing for this post but i know what i speak of. we have had to go with out many things to get by under bush an his cronies. and im not talking about a new car or truck by the way here. and i couldn't get any help what so ever. if it wasn't for my hubby and some of the things he new how to do i hate to thank what mite have happened with me and my kids here. i had live threw the depression of gorge bush. my hubby is back to work now under a DEMOCRATIC president. and making a decent living wage also. so work together? what a laugh McShame an gram. go screw your selves. rant over. my apologies for off topic some what here mensch. but this BS. gets me. thats why hubby ask me to stay out the politics threads i get to pist off he says. well i wonder why? but to answer your question NO nothing would be a bit diffrent. only worse and for a lot more people than it is now.

4. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    let the love fest continue...

5. houtx48

Gold Member

''we don't want to burden future generations, etc.''...............................was wondering about that myself all of a sudden it's ok to burden future generations?

6. lucky8

Gold Member

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Quickly, while you prepare the walking path of dandelion pedals I'll hang up the Reagan wallpaper and light the crude oil-scented incense to spruce up the place. :wink: :biggrin1:

8. Hockeytiger

Hockeytiger Active Member

To a certain point they have a point. Bipartisanship was a key element of the election and it really isn't being followed through. Or at least bipartisanship is being defined as "Here's the plan, if you don't like, tough." Admittedly at least the President is talking to Republicans, but he certainly hasn't really reached out.

Secondly, IMO Congressional Democrats are more at fault over this. The President told them to come up with a plan and didn't provide much guidence. The result was something Congressional Democrats all got hardons for, but Repbulicans couldn't stomach. That's a shocker! He can't let Congressional Democrats set the agenda if he intends to be Bipartisan. He has to keep them in line and focused on HIS agenda. If not, Republicans will simply close ranks and stonewall everything.

In this thread I see a lot of people bitching about how Republicans did poorly over the past 8 years. That may be right, but what does that have to do with whether or not the current President is living up to his promise of biapartisanship. Bitching about Republicans is not a relevant answer. Parties stonewall when the party in power isn't bothering to work with them. Democrats did it during the last 8 years, and now Republicans are. It is a fact of life when the party in power has a significant majority and is using that to serve their own political agenda, whether Left or Right.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I think the real problem arises when you have people on two sides of the political spectrum that both yell bipartisan, but devise and support political agendas that have nothing to do with it.

Here's the definition for bipartisan: of, relating to, or involving members of two parties ; specifically : marked by or involving cooperation, agreement, and compromise between two major political parties

bipartisan - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Instead of working together and finding a comfortable compromise between each party's ideals, they hold on to their own beliefs and blame one another for not seeing things their way. We need to focus on eliminating the people in congress who only vote party lines and replace them with new faces that actually DO know what bipartisan means. It's not just another political buzzword to express intelligence when there's none there to begin with.

10. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    I believe that Bush bankrupted the country,and Obama will put it into foreclosure.

Draft saved Draft deleted